• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
First time poster in the thread, This is awesome

Question: Are the Tardis' still in stock on store shelves or at this point will I likely have to buy from a third party seller?

Lastly, I was at Target and they had these newer figures I had not seen before where you press down on the figures head and they switch faces. Is this from the same company or no?

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mighty Muggs? No. They also used to not have the spinny heads and looked a lot cooler, IMO.

star-wars-mighty-muggs-plo-koon

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of "Boxes" are going to go this route.

My girlfriend likes the Disney box, (their last Rescuers funko is the biggest Funko I've seen, and quite gorgeous).

I have the Star Wars Box. Not sure of its status, but I'm fine with picking and choosing boxes, especially after the disappointing one that just came out. It was pretty bad. I don't need random troopers in a Sub Box, give me major characters.
All the Funko boxes are going to retailers and are no longer doing subs. The Disney box is the first one that we know where it's going. I've got a feeling MCC will go to Target and LoC to B&N. Star wars to FYE, maybe? Target seems to get a lot of Marvel and Star Wars exclusives so it could be either one of those. I could see LoC going to Box Lunch or TRU befire they announced their shutdown.

First time poster in the thread, This is awesome

Question: Are the Tardis' still in stock on store shelves or at this point will I likely have to buy from a third party seller?
Welcome!

I feel like I've seen the Tardis pop in either Hot Topic or Box Lunch recently. But it's an older pop so the odds of seeing in on shelves is slim. Best bet would be either HT, BL, or Thinkgeek if you've got one near you.

Mighty Muggs used to be rad- I haven't been sold on their relaunch though.
The only one I've seen that I actually like the look of is Black Panther.

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
did

did they just

did they just sneak out an amazing The Rescuers set in a Disney box only current/past subscribers could've ordered that is also sold out on Funko Shop and is going for $70+

I can't even

Oct 26, 2017
All the Funko boxes are going to retailers and are no longer doing subs. The Disney box is the first one that we know where it's going. I've got a feeling MCC will go to Target and LoC to B&N. Star wars to FYE, maybe? Target seems to get a lot of Marvel and Star Wars exclusives so it could be either one of those. I could see LoC going to Box Lunch or TRU befire they announced their shutdown.

Welcome!

I feel like I've seen the Tardis pop in either Hot Topic or Box Lunch recently. But it's an older pop so the odds of seeing in on shelves is slim. Best bet would be either HT, BL, or Thinkgeek if you've got one near you.

The only one I've seen that I actually like the look of is Black Panther.

Thanks, Zero

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Second question, mostly in regards to BoxLunch again, haha.

So Box Lunch has/had the Earth Day Wall-E, and it seemed like it was exclusive.

How are other actual websites selling that same Wall-E already? Are they just planning on buying stock from Box Lunch, or is there a secret POP cabal going on here?

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Second question, mostly in regards to BoxLunch again, haha.

So Box Lunch has/had the Earth Day Wall-E, and it seemed like it was exclusive.

How are other actual websites selling that same Wall-E already? Are they just planning on buying stock from Box Lunch, or is there a secret POP cabal going on here?
It was a Box Lunch Exclusive. If any other site has it, it's because they are reselling it.

Marvel Collector Corps is going to Amazon.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend went to BoxLunch early yesterday morning to grab the Wall-E, but they said they sold out as soon as they opened and even some of those in line didn't get one.

Of course, she saw at least a dozen sitting behind the counter....they didn't really explain what those were there for when she asked.

I guess saying "we're holding those for our customer, Mr. E. Bay" isn't a good look probably.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Wow had no idea they re-launched mighty muggs. Just looked them up and most don't look very good though :-/

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend had a bad experience yesterday at a Boxlunch, waiting in line to buy an Army Man Pop that was sitting behind the counter (they posted on Insta they got one in, so she thought she'd swing by). She was next in line, was going to ask to purchase when at the register because she had some other things to buy, but as she waited some lady went behind the counter and grabbed it. The store did nothing when she complained. The lady just continued shopping around the store and ignored the whole situation.

So remember, folks. You can just go behind counters now and just grab shit. I'm doing that from now on.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get Toucan Sam?

They used the old site, which pretty much died upon listing. So many spinning wheels on the loading page and 504 Gateway errors, but I was lucky enough to get one to go through. Oddly got 4 confirmation emails all for the same order #

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
It was. They put it on the old site which got overloaded, and then after a hour apparently moved it to the Pop Up Shop where the "bots" as people claim swooped in and bought all remaining stock.
Bots are definitely a problem, especially since the sneaker community got wind of pops. When Zeno went up I saw a couple people replying to one of the twitter accounts I follow asking if it was rare, click through to their profile and they're talking about botting and the profit they made reselling sneakers.

OP
OP
HibbySloth

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Too little to late for me. Toucan Sam was the last cereal mascot I'd honestly be interested in buying. Unless they release a flocked one with a way bigger stock, there's not much Funko can do.

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
BOY TOUCAN SAM SURE WAS FUN

didn't get one of course

I swear, if I didn't let Sponge have the OT using his pro art skills I would replace the first post with a picture of a spilled bucket of salt. I'm baffled by how Funko keeps treating us, especially when all it literally takes is to make things not exclusive!

if I miss the HT Zim Voot Cruiser I don't know what I'm going to do

OP
OP
HibbySloth

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
swear, if I didn't let Sponge have the OT using his pro art skills I would replace the first post with a picture of a spilled bucket of salt. I'm baffled by how Funko keeps treating us, especially when all it literally takes is to make things not exclusive!

if I miss the HT Zim Voot Cruiser I don't know what I'm going to do

One pic of Porg holding salt coming up.

and yeah, if neither of us get Zim we're gonna freak.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda glad MCC is ending as a subscription. Got the last box today and aside from being pretty beat up by the mail, it's kinda disappointing.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Gamestop exclusive Infinity War finally revealed.

Will post in double spoiler. First will be if it is in the movie or not. Second will be the pic.

It is not in the movie

160223b.jpg

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Gamestop exclusive Infinity War finally revealed.
Yeah... that's an odd one considering. I got pissed a couple days ago when one of the accounts I follow tweeted it out and then....

I was in Hot Topic today and managed to find a Thanos on his throne. I passed on it when it went up online, but it's actually pretty cool in person, and fairly heavy too... so I bought it.

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
sold my soul to Funko and bought the "exclusive" Mei Figure. First and hopefully last unless they do more Meis lol

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
My metallic Megazord came in today. Now I'm not as upset about missing out on the regular one.