• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Just popping in to say that I don't understand the hate Funko gets. Their figures are decent quality for the price and the abundance of license deals means there is a figure out there for just about anybody. I'm not much of a collector, but I have a couple GoT Pop figures and I think they are cool. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Just popping in to say that I don't understand the hate Funko gets. Their figures are decent quality for the price and the abundance of license deals means there is a figure out there for just about anybody. I'm not much of a collector, but I have a couple GoT Pop figures and I think they are cool. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nah, I totally understand it. I was staunchly against them because I didn't like the way they looked. Now I have over 40.

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any other company making awesome figures of Cuphead, super obscure licenses, or basically anything that would never have figures to begin with. General rule of thumb when I ran the OT at the other place was to let people vent whatever they want in other threads and keep the actual talk in the OT. Gotta focus on the cool stuff!

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Favorite lines?

I think mine is the Overwatch line. Consistent quality from those, not a bad one in the bunch, and has some of the best oversized.

OP
OP
HibbySloth

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Favorite lines?

I think mine is the Overwatch line. Consistent quality from those, not a bad one in the bunch, and has some of the best oversized.

Overwatch is one of the better ones. My personal favorite has been the Space Ghost line. I just wish they would release Moltar.

orUSVgi.png

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch is a good one, and I'm loving the Kingdom Hearts line so far too.
Yeah, Kingdom Hearts has been great after getting off to a bit of a rocky start. In terms of anime the Death Note and My Hero Academia lines have been pretty good. Cowboy Bebop line won't be good until they give me my goddamn Ein pop.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Congrats FunkoEra. Not so much Funko Co.
:X

I bought my first Funko last year on black friday. A Rick and Morty, Morty Seeds.
If i find a cool Rick during black friday this year then I might have to get it

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
My friend/roommate has literally over a thousand of these in his room. I have 5. I don't understand the hate these things get.

I think some just look at them and don't like the twisted designs the Pop figures get, or the sometimes not so great paint apps, and so they say things like Nendoroids or whatever are better. Well for me personally not so much. Tell me when they have the He Man/Ninja Turtles/Labyrinth/Dark Crystal/Fraggle Rock/Sesame Street/Muppets/Groot/Looney Tunes/Disney animation/Asterix/Ren & Stimpy, etc, etc license and then I may be interested in whatever figure you think is better.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Favorite lines?

Stranger Things for me. It's what got me into Pops last year when they announced them and I bought some Star Wars / Marvel ones here and there. This year I've only really gone for the Stranger Things pops though. I love the show and I think it's one of the best looking Pop lines, they're all really detailed and accurate for the price.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Never cared much about Funko, but I just saw this thread and wow, the Cuphead stuff looks really nice! Especially the devil and King Dice are awesome.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think some just look at them and don't like the twisted designs the Pop figures get, or the sometimes not so great paint apps, and so they say things like Nendoroids or whatever are better. Well for me personally not so much. Tell me when they have the He Man/Ninja Turtles/Labyrinth/Dark Crystal/Fraggle Rock/Sesame Street/Muppets/Groot/Looney Tunes/Disney animation/Asterix/Ren & Stimpy, etc, etc license and then I may be interested in whatever figure you think is better.
That's the thing though, I've come across some people who genuinely hate them because these things are "ugly" to them. Irrational hate. Do these people hate other people who are "ugly" to them? Ugly animals? Cars? Clothing? etc. No, generally they don't, it's just these Pops. Very immature, really, but to each their own, I suppose. They have their own reasons, and I dare not to even try to convince them otherwise for fear of getting into an argument stupider than whatever imaginary reason it is to irrationally hate on Pops, or anybody's hobby.

Oct 25, 2017
The dumpster fodder known as Funko Pops gets the community spotlight, grumble grumble. /s

I think I like the Mr. Knight better.

leaf

Oct 27, 2017

Well at least in my country, Brazil, they are at the same price range as a nendoroid...

BankaiZaraki

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really want the Looney Toons and Mortal Kombat pops. I'm waiting on HT to get the Golden Shenron so my wife can get it for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally found a Crota last night at Target, then stopped by Hot Topic and got my wife a flocked Krampus. Was eyeing a Reptar, but not sure if I want to grab him right now. I kind of went nuts getting the entire Bob Ross line.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
That's some timing on this showcase, haha.

Personally, while I don't own any, I do think Funkos are pretty neat, for just how many properties they cover. Eyes are still iffy, though.

If you aren't aware, the head designer of Magic the Gathering, Mark Rosewater, posts a comic series using Magic Funko figures, called Sparks. They've gotten pretty worn down over the years.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Got gifted Mr. Meeseeks funko thingy recently, looks quite nice!

Really looking forward to grabbing these at some point too.

Edit: I really dislike the cuphead designs found earlier in this thread, yuck!

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with the eyes on the chase? That's how it looked in the trailer.

I'm definitely grabbing both the glowing Panthers.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
^ That ones pretty cute. I don't like Pop! Rides usually because the scale of the pop and the ride makes them look goofy, but it works for Stitch.