• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell am I supposed to be at three stores and Funko Shop online at the same time for these SDCC releases Funko HOW

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell am I supposed to be at three stores and Funko Shop online at the same time for these SDCC releases Funko HOW
Funko Shop has been going live around 2 PM Eastern, I don't think they'll go up in the morning. You could also try ordering online, unless what you want is at B&N, they're always a shitshow.

We're getting a Funimation Shop/Hot Topic exclusive Hiei later this month:

Kinda figured he'd be popping up as an exclusive somewhere since he wasn't in the common line. Also, the sculpts on these YYH pops have been great.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Funko Shop has been going live around 2 PM Eastern, I don't think they'll go up in the morning. You could also try ordering online, unless what you want is at B&N, they're always a shitshow.
I live on the west coast, so Funko Shop always goes live here at 11am. There's a mall here in Glendale that has a Box Lunch and Hot Topic within like 50 feet of each other, but they both open at 10am. Then across the street there's a B&N that I'd want to hit, because I have NEVER had success with their shitty website, but I think they open at 10 or 11am as well. And then of course the Toy Tokyo wild card that could go up at any time. It's just gonna be a nightmare >__<

I wish the shops had to stagger their releases, SDCC takes place over 4 days, it would be so helpful if they spread the releases out over 4 days too instead of all dropping on the same day. Weh ):

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
This is great

5pjwrk14r7831.jpg

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I live on the west coast, so Funko Shop always goes live here at 11am. There's a mall here in Glendale that has a Box Lunch and Hot Topic within like 50 feet of each other, but they both open at 10am. Then across the street there's a B&N that I'd want to hit, because I have NEVER had success with their shitty website, but I think they open at 10 or 11am as well. And then of course the Toy Tokyo wild card that could go up at any time. It's just gonna be a nightmare >__<

I wish the shops had to stagger their releases, SDCC takes place over 4 days, it would be so helpful if they spread the releases out over 4 days too instead of all dropping on the same day. Weh ):
Oof, yeah that's rough. The HT and BL here open like an hour early on con drop days. I think Toy Tokyo doesn't go up until after the con though.

They really are, I'm wondering if we'll get the ones from Broly too. I'm really surprised we haven't seen any pops from that movie yet, I thought we'd get at least one SDCC exclusive from it.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
In Canada the Spider-Man Far From Home blue and black suit figures have been impossible to find.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm no Funko hater, but by no means am I collector either. (I bought a Weird Al Funko Pop a few months back for the novelty of it, and that's about it.)

But my wife really wants a few of the soon-to-be-released "The Office" line, and while meandering through a Gamestop yesterday I discovered that "Community" Funko Pop figures exist.

community-fondo.jpg

Well, fuck, Funko, ya broke me.

Gonna have to snap up Abed, Troy and Chang definitely. Might go for the whole set if I find a decent sale sometime in the future.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I remember when those were announced my first thought was that Britta was going to be a SDCC exclusive, no way would they just leave out one of the main cast, I guess she could still come but it's more likely now that Britta was just Britta'd.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I remember when those were announced my first thought was that Britta was going to be a SDCC exclusive, no way would they just leave one of the main cast out, I guess she could still come but it's more likely now that Britta was just Britta'd.

I can see a second wave with Britta, the Human Being, Dean Pelton, Star-Burns, and mayyyyyybe Pierce.

Maybe something random like Annie's Boobs or Kickpuncher as well.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I'm no Funko hater, but by no means am I collector either. (I bought a Weird Al Funko Pop a few months back for the novelty of it, and that's about it.)

But my wife really wants a few of the soon-to-be-released "The Office" line, and while meandering through a Gamestop yesterday I discovered that "Community" Funko Pop figures exist.

community-fondo.jpg

Well, fuck, Funko, ya broke me.

Gonna have to snap up Abed, Troy and Chang definitely. Might go for the whole set if I find a decent sale sometime in the future.
For commons I usually wait for Box Lunch's lunch money or Hot Topic's hot cash promos, if you look around on twitter or reddit you can find people sharing codes. Those are pretty much the best deals, otherwise GameStop, BL, and HT all run 3 for ~$22 sales fairly often.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how the winning entries are chosen. At random times, and the first to enter after that point gets it? Or each entry plays the lottery up until all allotted prizes are given out?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Wait, how are you winning so much? I entered both nights, but got nothing. Is it first come first serve or do they randomly pick up to a certain time? Cause west coast people need a chance too.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, how are you winning so much? I entered both nights, but got nothing. Is it first come first serve or do they randomly pick up to a certain time? Cause west coast people need a chance too.

It's after certain times that are randomly picked. If you've ever participated in Taco Bell giveaways for Xbox's and stuff it's like those. There's a randomized time picked and it's first person to happen to enter after that time. There's an allotment per hour I believe

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
All those exclusive characters are a disgrace. Fuck off with that.

Only buying Momo and Kirishima. Want Toga more than anything but won't support that shit.

I'm confused. Are you located somewhere where exclusives are impossible to get? There are many international sites that have tons of exclusives readily available. Nothing is really rare anymore unless it has a LE# on the sticker.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. Are you located somewhere where exclusives are impossible to get? There are many international sites that have tons of exclusives readily available. Nothing is really rare anymore unless it has a LE# on the sticker.

I'm in Ireland and that makes getting any of the exclusives 40-50$ give or take on shipping. Funko ain't worth that.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Was luckily able to attend fundays for the 2nd year in a row. Here is what I got

tTPlqw4.jpg

bummer that the table that was right next to mine was picked to receive the LE 80 gold luke skywalker. But I am super happy that I got a frankenstein.