• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-far-from-home-funko-mysterio/

What's more, Funko has also unveiled Mystery Mini figures, which feature small versions of most of the characters from the film. Three different versions of Spider-Man highlight the wall-crawler's different costumes, while Nick Fury, Michelle, Ned and Peter Parker all get their own figures. Mysterio, Molten Man and Hydro-Man round out the line, which will be available in blind boxes. A rarity scale for these Mystery Mini figures has not yet been revealed.

D4xOlW3XsAAv_zC.jpg

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I'm not seeing Blastaar? Am I missing something?

And the Marvel Legends give us a better look at Mysterio and Molten Man than these do.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Might be an error but Funko refer to Michelle as Mary Jane in the blog post.
Bring home most of the cast of Spider-Man: Far From Home with Mystery Minis including Spider-Man in his stealth suit unmasked, Mary Jane with a mace, Nick Fury, Spider-Man in a new suit, Ned, Mary Jane, Peter Parker, Hydro-Man, Mysterio, Spider-Man in his stealth suit and Spider-Man in his hero suit.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
doesn't having his fingertips open in the stealth suit(?) kinda leave him open to being ID'd by anyone

or is stark controlling the police force for him, too

i might be overthinking this

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
doesn't having his fingertips open in the stealth suit(?) kinda leave him open to being ID'd by anyone

or is stark controlling the police force for him, too

i might be overthinking this
You're assuming he even has normal finger pints anymore with all those little spider leg hair things sticking out of his skin! :O

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Why is Funko still a thing?
They are a great way for people who are fans of something to buy inexpensive products to show off their love. Some funko products i REALLY like, like the mini blind bag figures. I don't know why people hate funko so much. It's a great entry point for fans to collect stuff. I started off with funkos, moved to the action figures now collection some figures/statues.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, these were announced like a month ago. Like I said in the OT, these are infinitely better than the Endgame stuff they put out. Though I understand they were probably on a very tight leash with those.

There's some cool glow in the dark exclusives too. Gonna need the Walmart one:

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
These are Mystery Minis, what you're thinking of are Funko Pops.

Their product is literally pop culture, they've been around for 20 years I think it's time for people to stop this
Yeah time to stop buying this.

They are a great way for people who are fans of something to buy inexpensive products to show off their love. Some funko products i REALLY like, like the mini blind bag figures. I don't know why people hate funko so much. It's a great entry point for fans to collect stuff. I started off with funkos, moved to the action figures now collection some figures/statues.
They're ugly and stupid. Definitely not a great way for people to show love but a great way to waste money on worthless junk. Looking forward to the day the fad is over.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017

They're ugly and stupid. Definitely not a great way for people to show love but a great way to waste money on worthless junk. Looking forward to the day the fad is over.
You know what I meant. This is all your opinion. You can not like them but you don't need to come push your opinion onto others or talk shit about people who do like them. The company has been around for 20 years and is currently more popular than ever, and they make multiple lines of toys outside of Pops. Fad, lol ok. I'd sure love to start a fad that lasted 2 decades.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017

It's funny because people keep saying they are waiting for the fad to die but it only gets bigger. And yes, it is a good entry to collecting for your favorite things. Some people don't have the money or want to spend hundreds on a statue.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You know what I meant. This is all your opinion. You can not like them but you don't need to come push your opinion onto others or talk shit about people who do like them. The company has been around for 20 years and is currently more popular than ever, and they make multiple lines of toys outside of Pops. Fad, lol ok. I'd sure love to start a fad that lasted 2 decades.
Just because they've been around two decades doesn't mean they've been littered on store shelves that long.

Toys in kids meals have more personality, are more unique and probably more valuable than 99% of Pops.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
For future reference...

gMeHY0G.gif

Anyway, so are the elemental villains actual people or just illusions? It'd be a shame to see the likes of Hydro Man & Molten Man just thrown to the wayside.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Just because they've been around two decades doesn't mean they've been littered on store shelves that long.

Toys in kids meals have more personality, are more unique and probably more valuable than 99% of Pops.
I've got a glow in the dark All Might sitting on my shelf that I could probably get around $300 for on ebay right now soooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's weird, where's their abominable soulless Funko Eyes?
That's the Pop line, Funko makes a lot more than just Pops.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017

Y'know a few months I would have agreed with you, but I recently looked into the value of a lot of old Happy Meal toys and was shocked at how worthless they are. I mean, yes, some of them are worth a lot (unsurprisingly, most of them are the Teeny Beanie Babies) but I really thought it would be a way larger variety.

But then that's usually what happens when you compare something as mass produced as a McDonald's Happy Meal toy against something that's entire world-wide run is only in the tens of thousands, or hundreds, or in some cases even just the dozens.

As for Funko being around for two decades, typically the mark of a good company or product is that they have staying power, continue to introduce new products that are well received, expand into new markets where they are also well received, disrupt stagnant markets, etc. All things that Funko has done and continues to do. So... actually like the exact opposite of a fad. You may have only noticed them recently as they continue to spread into every facet of our lives, but Funko toys have been popular literally from the first product they brought to market back in 1998.

That's not how Spider-Man traditionally works. He sticks to things via electrostatic force.
I know but shhhh I needed an explanation that would mess with his finger prints! ;p

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I just want to reiterate how happy I am that they let Mysterio have his fishbowl in this movie