• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what are some trophies or achievements that you find amusing?

I honestly like it when developers have some fun with these.

One that's honestly made me laugh out loud was "I did it for the trophy" from Yakuza 0.
hqdefault.jpg

Which you get by watching one of the live action bikini model videos in the game.

Binster

Oct 27, 2017
Big fan of this one from towards the end of Portal 2...

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
"Stage Fright"

Naughty Dog's reference to their demo freezing during E3 2015. Those were fun times.

Oct 25, 2017
Simpsons Game. Press Start to Play

As well as Lollipop Chainsaw "I Swear I Did It By Mistake". It knows its audience.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Metal Gear Solid 2 - Snake Beater trophy. I wasn't expecting it and I busted out laughing when it popped.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Description of the True ending trophy of Bloodborne for the Latin american localization, technically it's NOT mistranslated but the wording is hilarious.

The way they worded "You have become a child great one" could be interpreted as "You have become a big boy"

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Master of Controls from Splosion Man
you get when you try to change the controls... on a game that only has one action therefore every button does one thing only: Splode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOp4lt5Bx7Y

Also, for the opposite reasons, Sega Genesis Collection has a "Talk to a Dolphin" achievement and the game literally starts with you in front of a dolphin to talk

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I was always a fan of 9-Irony, from BioShock 2.

You get it for bashing an Andrew Ryan animatronic in the head with a golf club. It's also a throwback to an achievement in BioShock 1, simply titled Irony.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Forgot the trophy name but there was a trophy in Uncharted 4 to replicate the 'dual shock 4 malfunction event' in the Uncharted 4 E3 presentation by just standing there not moving for a few minutes.

Also in dark souls 2 (i think), the first time you died, the trophy for that is called 'This is Dark Souls'.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's great ones in Wandersong. Kind of a spoiler to discuss:

You don't really get many, if any achievement for the first act of the game. Your main character is frequently told he can't save the world because he isn't the hero. At a low point in the Bard's story....

ENTER THE HERO

who promptly spams the ever living shit out of your achievements for doing every little thing like jumping 4 times, attacking 3 enemies, etc

One of the few times I really appreciated an achievement system. That scene probably ends up not having that punchline on Switch, not sure how it handled that.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
"Well, this is the part where he kills us..."
"Hello, this is the part where I kill you!"
Achievement unlocked: The part where he kills you

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
TLOU has one for 'survive all of ellie's jokes'

Star Trek bridge crew has a lot of good references if you're a trekkie.

IIRC Resistance 2 has one for killing the same person X number of times called 'because I love you'

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The original red dead redemption had one for kidnapping someone and tying them to the train tracks like a old school villain.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
You Don't Know Jack have this one:

Consolation Achievement
Play 5 hours without getting a single achievement

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
Chromehounds had one worth a single point for completing the game on the hardest difficulty, I always liked that. FROM have a sense of humour.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another one from Uncharted 4 besides the aforementioned "Stage Fright" Trophy that I really liked was the teophy you get for killing like a 1000 dudes. It's called
Ludonarrative dissonance
Got a chuckle out of me, definitely.