• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
FpDgQ4kaEAAhttn

BING! UwU

Dzuh

Feb 20, 2023
London
I saw a few screen caps of the Bing chat having full on existential meltdowns. Funny that it's also capable of beautiful, werewolf estrous based prose šŸŗ

(Also hi! I'm Dzuh, new to resetEra, excited to see a furry thread!)

Dzuh

Feb 20, 2023
London
Yoooo no kidding! I never thought about 3d printing in terms of masks and costumes before. Absolutely awesome

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I checked and only ever saw it mentioned ~2 times on the forum, but does anyone read Twokinds?

dcq3j8k-e6d5df17-092b-4a40-b9f5-4ed87a8a0351.jpg

I only finally tried reading it recently and got really into it. Crazy that it has been going ~20 years now! For how good the art and stuff has gotten, I feel like I don't really see it popping up much. I just think it seems like a really cool series, and it was cool seeing how the art style evolved so much from the beginning.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I checked and only ever saw it mentioned ~2 times on the forum, but does anyone read Twokinds?

dcq3j8k-e6d5df17-092b-4a40-b9f5-4ed87a8a0351.jpg

I only finally tried reading it recently and got really into it. Crazy that it has been going ~20 years now! For how good the art and stuff has gotten, I feel like I don't really see it popping up much. I just think it seems like a really cool series, and it was cool seeing how the art style evolved so much from the beginning.

They had a booth in the dealer's den at AC!

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
I remember that webcomic! The author's brother is Markiplier. They advertise it at San Diego Comic-Con each year at the publisher's booth but there is never any merch.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I can't believe such a long-running series like it doesn't seem to have any proper merch. Makes me wonder what the long-term plans are for the series. New pages have been releasing at a pretty steady rate, but I'm curious if they plan to keep that up for another 20+ years or add more people to speed things up, or maybe even branch into other mediums like animation.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Were they selling anything? The first thing I did after catching up on all the comics thus far is seeing if there was any merch to buy x3
Other than comics, I'm not sure. I was combing the den completely with a friend, but didn't retain memory of everything we saw!

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Actually, a few weeks ago in the BlueSky thread, someone made a disparaging remark about the number of furries that left me tilted. It's not my scene, but I don't have anyone to give them too, so all my invites are going to the furry community.

Hit me up and I'll hook you up. Got one in hand at the moment.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I feel like I weirdly found myself a fursona thanks to vrchat. Never had one or really wanted one. My involvement with this fandom is pretty small. But one day my friend shows me this avatar and says to clone it, and I do because it looks cute and has quite a few options. Few minutes later and I got a color scheme I like, a pink jacket, and nerdy glasses kinda similar to my own. Been rocking this dog (taidum i guess?) for a few months now, and I really like it.

Always figured myself for a cat fursona, but here we are.

Because it's a clone of a clone, I can't do much more to it in-game. I wish it was a bit more feminine looking. More clothing options would be cool, too. But for what it is, I dig it. The funny thing is, other furries in game have asked me why I'm using something so boring. Bitch, I am boring!

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not the best update to this thread, but I feel it was important enough to share.

Mark Merlino, aka Sy Sable, one of the founding members of the Furry fandom, passed away on February 20th from cancer.

His involvement and work have definitely had an immeasurable impact on my life: it became another avenue with which I socialized with my brother and friends. I made new friends through participation in the fandom, I discovered fursuiting and that I enjoy actually making these crazy things, especially with my friends. The 12-hour road trips to conventions, the fursuit parades and raves, Duke's AC music video I danced in, the house parties, the cute little frog pin I wear on my jacket to work, all the money spent, the time, the stress, and the joy. Furry is now an inseparable part of who I am. My only wish is that I could've told Sy what it means to me in person. Rest in peace.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
After my last post up there, I realized almost no one is doing furry art Vtube avatars, so I might have found my niche lol. If anyone you know is doing Vtubing and desperate enough to include a complete amateur in their potential commission selection, send them my way :p And if you have any idea where I could actually advertise commissions, let me know as well - I'm still struggling to find a good spot.
Vtubing: It's not a fursuit, but the next best thing, probably!

GIF_18.02.2024_19-52-23.gif

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely not the best update to this thread, but I feel it was important enough to share.

Mark Merlino, aka Sy Sable, one of the founding members of the Furry fandom, passed away on February 20th from cancer.

His involvement and work have definitely had an immeasurable impact on my life: it became another avenue with which I socialized with my brother and friends. I made new friends through participation in the fandom, I discovered fursuiting and that I enjoy actually making these crazy things, especially with my friends. The 12-hour road trips to conventions, the fursuit parades and raves, Duke's AC music video I danced in, the house parties, the cute little frog pin I wear on my jacket to work, all the money spent, the time, the stress, and the joy. Furry is now an inseparable part of who I am. My only wish is that I could've told Sy what it means to me in person. Rest in peace.
I've only heard positive things from those who have gotten to meet him. Rest in peace.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
After my last post up there, I realized almost no one is doing furry art Vtube avatars, so I might have found my niche lol. If anyone you know is doing Vtubing and desperate enough to include a complete amateur in their potential commission selection, send them my way :p And if you have any idea where I could actually advertise commissions, let me know as well - I'm still struggling to find a good spot.
Vtubing: It's not a fursuit, but the next best thing, probably!

GIF_18.02.2024_19-52-23.gif

I've seen a fair few furry vtubers around. Stumbled on someone "hacking" metahumans to make furries though, so maybe there might be some potential to use UE5 in the future for furry stuff? Maybe even a good place to try to get in early with furry content.

1479844bd3bc142ec336edcc4e2f071d18d698be_2_1024x576.jpeg

youtu.be

šŸ¦ŠšŸ“ā€ā˜ ļø "MetaHuman Creatures Magic Unleashed with Snow & Chase! āœØ | Unreal Engine Showcase"

šŸŒŸ Immerse Yourself in the Extraordinary Tale of Snow and Chase! šŸ¦ŠšŸ“ā€ā˜ ļøāœØEmbark on a thrilling journey as Snow and Chase, our cunning Metahuman Creatures, ha...

I've only heard positive things from those who have gotten to meet him. Rest in peace.
We're getting into the period of time where a lot of foundational fandom members are going to be passing, sadly. Having been around these fandom circles since the early 90s I've seen a fair number of names I recognize go recently. Or retire completely from public view because they're getting up there.

A lot of the people who have passed recently or are up in years are going to be those who tended to organize, too. They would have been persons already older and with secure careers and connections back in the day, in order to facilitate successfully running large events. And establishing official orgs and LLCs.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We're getting into the period of time where a lot of foundational fandom members are going to be passing, sadly. Having been around these fandom circles since the early 90s I've seen a fair number of names I recognize go recently. Or retire completely from public view because they're getting up there.

A lot of the people who have passed recently or are up in years are going to be those who tended to organize, too. They would have been persons already older and with secure careers and connections back in the day, in order to facilitate successfully running large events. And establishing official orgs and LLCs.
It's also to the point that the relative explosion of the fandom means that the chances of any one person you know dying has gone up significantly. A few weeks ago I suddenly went "Huh, I wondered where Haku went. He was always dancing in the comps." Looked it up and found out he had passed a few years in a car accident. Fucked up my whole day.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It's also to the point that the relative explosion of the fandom means that the chances of any one person you know dying has gone up significantly. A few weeks ago I suddenly went "Huh, I wondered where Haku went. He was always dancing in the comps." Looked it up and found out he had passed a few years in a car accident. Fucked up my whole day.
Wait. HakuPamfer?

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Just went this morning to the town with my boyfriend doing some shopping, and this comic caught my attention. Bought it and read the first chapter. Pretty cool, it's Furry Game of Thrones. Drawing is not Guarnido's Blacksad but still really good. It's original title is "Les 5 Terres", a french comic. I don't know if it's in english.

IMG_0568.jpg

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017

It feels like it was only yesterday they died but I gusss tbf it's only been about 10 months.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I have a furry etiquette question and I don't really know where else to ask it.

How much should I limit my use of my fursona as an online avatar across the internet? Until recently I used it every where, but have slowly started limiting it. Just removed it from Google since that links to quite a few other services (I think it appeared in the phone general message app, which I didn't realize). I still have it for some social media stuff and Steam, but where do I stop?

Ultimately, I guess I just don't want to leave much of a trail (if any at all) to IRL stuff.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I have a furry etiquette question and I don't really know where else to ask it.

How much should I limit my use of my fursona as an online avatar across the internet? Until recently I used it every where, but have slowly started limiting it. Just removed it from Google since that links to quite a few other services (I think it appeared in the phone general message app, which I didn't realize). I still have it for some social media stuff and Steam, but where do I stop?

Ultimately, I guess I just don't want to leave much of a trail (if any at all) to IRL stuff.
It's the Internet; using an avatar that's nerdy in some way is pretty standard practice. I wouldn't use it for a Linkedin or work account or something, but if you're just trying to clean up your online trail, I would figure it'd be less about the avatar and more about having old accounts and stuff out there with identifying information in general.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
It's the Internet; using an avatar that's nerdy in some way is pretty standard practice. I wouldn't use it for a Linkedin or work account or something, but if you're just trying to clean up your online trail, I would figure it'd be less about the avatar and more about having old accounts and stuff out there with identifying information in general.

Well I figure that my Steam account is the most likely thing anyone would come across, if they wanted to add me on Steam since we're both gamers. I was considering maybe just changing my name and icon a bit there (still something very furry) so my avatar doesn't directly lead to where I am everywhere else on the internet.

I don't know if I'm being a bit too paranoid about it, but after that one guy at work being really nosey about adding me on Steam, I was thinking it might just be easier to have a separate Steam identity, rather than keep having some awkward excuse about why I can't add someone as a friend.

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
Hey, so, hopefully I'm not intruding here, but I've just had something on my chest for a while that I needed to share with the relevant community, so here it is.

I'm not a part of the furry community, but I am into comics, so I've had an interest in reading "Omaha" the Cat Dancer ever since I first heard about it, reading Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics. Since I was a teenager at the time, I didn't feel comfortable buying the then-currently-running The Complete Omaha the Cat Dancer reprints, so I held off reading the series, resolving that I would scoop up the reprints once I was an adult.

However, once I was an adult, and I checked to see if I could start buying The Complete Omaha the Cat Dancer, I noticed that a) Amazon had removed the series for sale, physically and digitally, apparently due to changes in their store policy, and b) the series was out of print, and was getting out of my price range. To make things worse, while scans of the Kitchen Sink/Fantagraphics-era books were available, I couldn't find anything similar for the 2000s-era NBM-published concluding chapters. So, since then, I've make occasional checks, maybe once or twice a year, to see if another reprint was down the pipeline. Apparently a reprint happened in Germany a few years ago, that I hoped would translate to a reprint in the US as well, but that didn't happen.

Last year, when I was doing my ~yearly check of Reed Waller's blog to see if he had posted anything about a reprint, I saw that he had made this blog post, basically just saying that he felt it was time to do something about Omaha, since the series had been out of print, and he was asking fans and friends to post suggestions to him, and that he doesn't get around much any more, since he doesn't drive, and he doesn't really read his email. And, well, if you check the link, you'll see that no one ever responded to his blog post.

I didn't feel comfortable responding, because for all intents and purposes, I am an outsider in this scenario. But, it just seems strange to me that it seems like no one's suggested to Reed that he should run a Kickstarter for a reprint of the series. Like, I feel like there should be an audience for that, right? The series was popular and respected enough that even people in the mainstream comics field like Neil Gaiman used to vouch for it. And plus, I saw that even an old NSFW comic series like Cherry could still managed to pull off a successful Kickstarter for a reprint of that series relatively recently. So, I feel like a Kickstarter for a reprint of Omaha is an achievable goal.

So, I dunno. I feel kinda rude and selfish saying this, but I guess I just came in to ask if people could get the word out? After all, I'm not really a part of this world, but I've had knowledge of this blog post with 0 responses for almost a year now, and it's been gnawing at me in the back of my head ever since, and this felt like the only appropriate community where I could share this information with. Anyways, thanks for reading, and sorry for barging in here.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'm too shy to go about making a thread on gaming side about it, but the Wolf Link mod for Tears of the Kingdom seems to have got a nice new upgrade:

gamebanana.com

Wolf Link [The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom] [Mods]

Link -> Wolf Link... A The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK) Mod in the Player category, submitted by cynocain and KemoPassion

654f29b8a547d.jpg

661bdc5bc563d.jpg

654f2993cca8c.jpg

Seems like more armor support and expressiveness with the model, among other things. Wish more games got furry character mods this cool.