• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Haha yeah. I have the biggest crush on him.

fNHFlOS.png

Cuuuuute!

Bionet

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of commissions, I am interested in acquiring a head / possibly more with a semi realistic style. Any suggestions, particularly who are open / will be open for commissions soon?
Semi realistic style? Only artist I can think of with that style at this time would be Oouna. Unfortunately I'm not sure if they're open for commissions at this time.

EDIT: Oh also CadmiumTea but they're on break at this time.
EDIT 2: Never mind, CadmiumTea is open for portraits at this time!

Last edited:

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's amazing to me that even hobbyists can make animation this fluid now. Animation programs have gotten pretty good.

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Typhon Cool.

I can't really draw. But I'd want my art style to be somewhere in the top left square, probably.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a significant difference between toony and anime?

Compare Carrot from one piece to the Trix rabbit, Toony usually aims for something more akin to ceral mascots or old school looney tunes, also called "funny animals", but modern furry artists who do toony style usually don't go for the chuck jones era style or the tony the tiger style, and it's more humanoid like anime does, very little furry artists hit peak "toony" anymore.

The "furry" aesthetic in the collective conciousness of the intrenet is smack dab in the center.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Compare Carrot from one piece to the Trix rabbit, Toony usually aims for something more akin to ceral mascots or old school looney tunes, also called "funny animals", but modern furry artists who do toony style usually don't go for the chuck jones era style or the tony the tiger style, and it's more humanoid like anime does, very little furry artists hit peak "toony" anymore.

The "furry" aesthetic in the collective conciousness of the intrenet is smack dab in the center.
Huh, thanks for clearing things up.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing around with my 3D printer lately, and decided to finally try out prints on fabric. Started with a really cool dragon scales file I found on thingiverse. This could probably be stitched to a tail, kneepads, gloves, etc. Now I'm making my own patterns in solidworks to see what I can come up with.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
I've been playing around with my 3D printer lately, and decided to finally try out prints on fabric. Started with a really cool dragon scales file I found on thingiverse. This could probably be stitched to a tail, kneepads, gloves, etc. Now I'm making my own patterns in solidworks to see what I can come up with.

Woooooah, that's awesome!
And I bet the scales make a nice clacking sound to boot.

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
Typhon

I can't really draw. But I'd want my art style to be somewhere in the top left square, probably.

Swap "Anime" with "Heavy Stylisation" and I'd aim for something far up between "Heavy Stylisation" and "Photo-like". Sometimes dipping a little bit down into toony for doodles or portraits of wacky characters. Not too much of a fan of drawing anime style characters. I did draw Chopper from One Piece once a long time ago but that's about it.

I love how they move! Good luck on whatever you'll end up doing with them. :)

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Hi, I'm just passing by for saying that after beating Ghost of a Tale (great game) I discovered that the 2D artist is Jerome Jacinto, who also did work on Armello and Tooth&Tail. Checked his twitter, tumblr, deviantart. The guy is awesome, I really really love his work:

trujwo.png

jerome-jacinto-rifts-of-rimefinal.jpg

jerome-jacinto-cykfinal5.jpg

I don't want to flood my post with so many images. Here you go his deviantart in case you want to see more of his work: https://chichapie.deviantart.com/gallery/

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Armello mostly because of that artist. Didn't have as much interest in the gameplay but just the character design in itself was enough to pay almost full price for it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Tried checking out the Tumblr of the Armello artist, but it looks like it's been hacked or something. It's just a bunch of posts about free Fortnite currency. :(

Still, loved going through their DA page. Absolutely love the art.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I get so nervous whenever a new furry-focused thread pops up here. Hopefully the one about Russia doesn't go to shit.

Also, anyone heard of Fox n Forests? I stumbled upon it last night, seems like it could be fun.

Ashgar

Oct 28, 2017
I get so nervous whenever a new furry-focused thread pops up here. Hopefully the one about Russia doesn't go to shit.

Also, anyone heard of Fox n Forests? I stumbled upon it last night, seems like it could be fun.

This one was on kickstarter, and got positive attention from Jim Sterling while Greenlight was still a thing. As that implies, it's been in the works for a while. I'm looking forward to it,

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for fursuit makers and deciding on one is pretty tough. I'm thinking about saving up for a partial, and I actually came up with a list of makers I'd like to look into more about a year ago, but I seem to have lost it. At least I get to see a bunch of cute-looking fursuits again while I research, but that just makes deciding even more tough. :(

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017

I like building stuff in general and that idea of printing onto mesh is pretty good for armor making and prosthetic work IMO. Lots of layers of plating and such that could move around as the user moves. Bet with the right layout you could create a bone structure for a face printed on that mesh to turn into a mask for someone to wear that will move as they move their face. Might require latex coating someone's face or prosthetic gluing the mesh based bone prints onto the model to get a solid bond but you could definitely exaggerate jaw, eyebrow and mandible movements to a degree using strips of this. Once in place lay fabric, latex or whatever over them. Coat that and you got some really neat FX makeup from bones to flesh to create a new facial anatomy for your model.

I'm betting you could make one helluva cosplay of "The Thing" or "Collossus" doing this.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone here ordered a tail from AnthroWear.com before? I've been wanting to get a new set of ears and tail before the next local furry con, and AnthroWear's stuff looks pretty good (better than my old ears and tail from Pawstar, at least), but I'm concerned about how you attach their tails. They offer two options—a "Deluxe Belt Loop Buckle" and a "Steel Pant Clamp"—but neither option really feels like it would be ideal for me compared to the double belt loop solution that my Pawstar tail has. Here are what the two options look like, for reference:
https://anthrowear.com/Belt Loop Buckle

The deluxe belt loop buckle seems like the more convenient and comfortable option, but since it loops around your belt with a single loop I'm concerned that it will just slide all around. Plus there's the fact that most pants seem to have a belt loop in the very center of the back of your pants, meaning that the tail would have to be off-center to either side of that, which would be really annoying. On the other hand, the steel pant clamp allows you to clip the tail wherever you want to any kind of pants, no belt required, so it seems to be more versatile, but it's literally just a binder clip, and I can imagine it being not so comfortable (it looks like you'd have the metal part pressing up directly against your back). So yeah, if anyone has any experience with an AnthroWear tail with either of these attachment options, I'd appreciate any impressions! I can't really seem to find any good information or reviews online comparing the two options.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone here ordered a tail from AnthroWear.com before? I've been wanting to get a new set of ears and tail before the next local furry con, and AnthroWear's stuff looks pretty good (better than my old ears and tail from Pawstar, at least), but I'm concerned about how you attach their tails. They offer two options—a "Deluxe Belt Loop Buckle" and a "Steel Pant Clamp"—but neither option really feels like it would be ideal for me compared to the double belt loop solution that my Pawstar tail has. Here are what the two options look like, for reference:

The deluxe belt loop buckle seems like the more convenient and comfortable option, but since it loops around your belt with a single loop I'm concerned that it will just slide all around. Plus there's the fact that most pants seem to have a belt loop in the very center of the back of your pants, meaning that the tail would have to be off-center to either side of that, which would be really annoying. On the other hand, the steel pant clamp allows you to clip the tail wherever you want to any kind of pants, no belt required, so it seems to be more versatile, but it's literally just a binder clip, and I can imagine it being not so comfortable (it looks like you'd have the metal part pressing up directly against your back). So yeah, if anyone has any experience with an AnthroWear tail with either of these attachment options, I'd appreciate any impressions! I can't really seem to find any good information or reviews online comparing the two options.
I bought a wolf tail from them a few years ago, went for the deluxe belt loop buckle. I've only worn it at one convention (and not really anywhere else), but the off-center thing did come up a little bit. It was never super annoying, but because of the belt loop being right in the middle of the jeans like you said, the tail was always off-center, which one or two people pointed out to me. It don't remember anything about it sliding around though... which I guess is a good sign at least?

It being off-center didn't bother me enough to not wear it, mind you. But it did happen and was seemingly at least somewhat noticeable.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017

Wow. It's a bit questionable that they only offer those two options for tail fastening, when the double loop "use your own belt" tail design is already a tried and true solution.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a wolf tail from them a few years ago, went for the deluxe belt loop buckle. I've only worn it at one convention (and not really anywhere else), but the off-center thing did come up a little bit. It was never super annoying, but because of the belt loop being right in the middle of the jeans like you said, the tail was always off-center, which one or two people pointed out to me. It don't remember anything about it sliding around though... which I guess is a good sign at least?

It being off-center didn't bother me enough to not wear it, mind you. But it did happen and was seemingly at least somewhat noticeable.
Hm... Yeah, I feel like that would bother me too much, lol. As for sliding around, I'd expect that to possibly happen more with thinner belts, and I'm not sure how thick yours was, but maybe that's not an issue at all. Another thing that concerns me is how visible the buckle seems like it would be, unless your shirt covers it. Ugh, I want to like it, but I just see too many issues with it, lol. Thanks for the info, though!

Wow. It's a bit questionable that they only offer those two options for tail fastening, when the double loop "use your own belt" tail design is already a tried and true solution.
Yeah, I mean it's nice that they have two options...but I don't really like either of them, lol. I wish they offered a double loop option as well. =/

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I completed a digitigrade body suit in a day and conned at FWA on Saturday. I got home at basically 6AM this morning and had to go to work.

I'm dead, Jim.

Dec 18, 2017

If nothing else, that is some really gorgeous sprite-work.

So, uh, how does one go about becoming a Furry? I don't feel like I've ever been a part of this community before.
I have been a "brony" or I guess "pegasister" or something like that, so I guess that's kind of close? I really like My Little Pony.

Are MLP fans welcome in the furry community?

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State

So, uh, how does one go about becoming a Furry? I don't feel like I've ever been a part of this community before.
I have been a "brony" or I guess "pegasister" or something like that, so I guess that's kind of close? I really like My Little Pony.

If you like stuff just come on in :p

Don't worry about what you wanna called, just enjoy! If you wanna refer to yourself as Furry, then you may do so!

I follow and post a bunch of furry stuff yet wouldn't consider myself one...I guess I'm furry -adjacent?? XD

I do know the Furry community on Era is super cool and welcoming

Last edited:

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

If you like anthropomorphic animals and decide you like them enough to call yourself a furry, that's all it takes. There isn't really anything more to it than that. Most furries create fursonas to represent themselves online and in artwork, but not all do. There's no real requirement or qualifier for being a furry other than the interest in anthros, and whether or not you call yourself one.

There is some crossover between furs and the MLP community— maybe not as much as there was a few years ago, but that has more to do with the show's waning popularity than anything else, at least in my experience. Furs are generally pretty cool and accepting (almost to a fault in some ways) of people with all sorts of hobbies and interests. You're fine. :D

Dec 18, 2017
If you like stuff just come on in :p
Cool. I don't know much furry stuff outside of the really popular things like Sonic, My Little Pony, Pokemon, ect. But I will try to broaden my horizons, and there's a lot of cool furry stuff out there.
A lot of which I sadly don't know anything about yet.

It's a serious crime that Klonoa doesn't have more games.

vjnr0f5.png