• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Going to Megaplex for the first time next month. It'll be my first time at a con with more than a few hundred people, so kinda nervous lol.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
This artist really likes Disney foxes.

So do I

Also grabbed a copy of the first volume of Beastars earlier this week

D_oqRdAVUAwkzCP.jpg

Yus, I have an actual job now thanks to visiting my wolf

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to sketching this mutt:

OfzpfnY.jpg

Sorta-kinda final-ish. I'm only attached to the face and large details. But I have until MFF to get this guy done. Even set up a spreadsheet to track my inventory, expenditures, labor, etc., because I want to get serious about making suits for sale. I'm tired as fuck of working in medical lol. Will try to foam the entire head Tuesday after work.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got around to sketching this mutt:

OfzpfnY.jpg

Sorta-kinda final-ish. I'm only attached to the face and large details. But I have until MFF to get this guy done. Even set up a spreadsheet to track my inventory, expenditures, labor, etc., because I want to get serious about making suits for sale. I'm tired as fuck of working in medical lol. Will try to foam the entire head Tuesday after work.
They look great! I feel like terriers are underrepresented among fursonas.
So do I

Also grabbed a copy of the first volume of Beastars earlier this week

D_oqRdAVUAwkzCP.jpg

Yus, I have an actual job now thanks to visiting my wolf
I picked it up, too, and I've fallen in love with the characters' small behaviors and expressions. I'm going crazy waiting for volume 2. D:

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just found out that SonicFox is a guest of honor at Megaplex next week, and I'm kind of fangirling a bit?? Gonna be really fucking cool to see him at opening ceremonies.

Really excited for the con. Only ones I've been to so far are Fangcon in Knoxville, TN and Anthro Southeast in Chattanooga. Never been to a big one like Megaplex before. Also been a long time since I was last in Florida.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hi ERA spotlight. Some good adult anthro comics i recommend you to read:

*Blacksad
*Solo (i don't know if it's published in the USA)
*Grandville
*Omaha
*Beastars (Manga)

You're welcome.
I second Blacksad. Amazing artistry and surprisingly compelling in the way it treats sociopolitical topics.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
I'll be honest the Beastars anime is cool but I'm more excited about the actual merch that will be made now.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Behold the horrors of unfinished suit heads:

uVYSULt_d.jpg

Right now he's just blocked in- cut templates pinned to a shell. Made a special double liner to better protect my hair since I'm too lazy to buy a balaclava.

Next step is to glue, shave, and refine it to look more like the thing on the right. After that, handpaw patterns.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I went through a phase a long time ago. Still have e-friends who are self proclaimed furries and they're cool/funny people
edit: send me all your Zootopia fan art

Last edited:

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Behold the horrors of unfinished suit heads:

uVYSULt_d.jpg

Right now he's just blocked in- cut templates pinned to a shell. Made a special double liner to better protect my hair since I'm too lazy to buy a balaclava.

Next step is to glue, shave, and refine it to look more like the thing on the right. After that, handpaw patterns.

That is really cool. Do you make a video of the whole process? That would be fun to watch. Very talented

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That is really cool. Do you make a video of the whole process? That would be fun to watch. Very talented
Thank you!

And unfortunately no video! I'm concerned with trying to price and time myself making him that I didn't think to film myself. But I'm not adversed to sharing exactly what I do on every part, because I crib various techniques from other makers. Anything specific you want to know?

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Thank you!

And unfortunately no video! I'm concerned with trying to price and time myself making him that I didn't think to film myself. But I'm not adversed to sharing exactly what I do on every part, because I crib various techniques from other makers. Anything specific you want to know?

I just thought a time stamp video would be cool because of how awesome it is already.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Head progress. Glued and carved out his dumb face. There's some slight twisting issues bugging me but I'll get to fixing those. Aside from the lack of ears he's pretty much done in that department. Once I get them on I'll line the inside:

Nogavo9.jpg

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just boarded my flight back home from Megaplex. Had a blast at the con, and the hotel was easily the best I've ever stayed at for a convention so far. Gonna have to make sure to come down again next year.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Charr are the best. I was almost done with Tumblr until a charr artist ended up on my watch list. Then I found even more.

GW2 community as a whole seems pretty great too. I love seeing the screen captures of everyone getting together for events.

I took a couple screenshots after our Pride March concluded. Even GMs will march too.

bXocJoe.jpg

c96BLOX.jpg

DanCon

Oct 30, 2017
complete and utter shot in the dark... was watching TV with my flatmate and he saw this tshirt that he seriously wants! for the life of me i cant find where its from, anyone familiar with the artist or brand?????

tshirt2.png

DM if you do!

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
complete and utter shot in the dark... was watching TV with my flatmate and he saw this tshirt that he seriously wants! for the life of me i cant find where its from, anyone familiar with the artist or brand?????

tshirt2.png

DM if you do!
That looks like Lydiarts! I have one of her shirts. Tight fit, but very nice. Her online shop isn't open atm I think, but she goes to a lot of conventions as a dealer.