Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
It's not like he's literally done anything of value except die twice and then get his ass handed to him by the TVA. He's a loser and a chump and there's no benefit to trying to push him. All he does is lose.

They can actually build off of that to a compelling villain TBH. Don't know if they will but there is potential there!

FF6 did it perfectly of course, thematically.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing wrong with reading leakers, they are entertaining and pretty much all liars, especially the ones trying to charge their followers for leaks like Shine and Daniel RPK so they can continue being grifters.

However, any and every Marvel multiverse movie or project starting with Doctor Strange 2 has had leakers spread all kinds of bullshit about what will be in the movie that people actually buy hook line and sinker to the point where people get mad that the leaks (which were fake to begin with) weren't right!

It's cool to read and discuss random bullshit as potential things that can happen, but Im just pointing out that we've been down this road multiple times before with leakers (and even these same leakers!) and it almost always is bullshit. Fun to read bullshit, but yea.

Like it was so bad that people were going into non spoiler threads talking about their "theories" that were just regurgitating the leaks they had read.
Great post. I completely agree with you! :)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely fell for the Dr Strange 2 "leaks" and had somehow convinced myself that Tom Cruise as Iron Man was going to pop in the movie and then came away disappointed when it was. When that was always an unreasonable expectation to have going in and I blame myself but I also wasn't the only one in the same boat.

So I am keeping my expectations reserved for future projects especially when it comes to cameo.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
There are a lot of fake leaks but I do remember reading the entire plots of Ant-Man 3 and the Marvels years ago.

Feb 16, 2022
God, if only. It would really be nice if they just use that as an excuse to let the Kang plot drop and focus on characters whose shtick is more interesting than "YOU BEAT ME BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER, BECAUSE THERE ARE INFINITY MORE OF ME".
Isn't that like the complete opposite of who Kang is, though? In stories I've read him in, he doesn't get along well with his other selves, and he actually takes pride in he himself being THE Kang.

Feb 16, 2022
Alex P. was the dude who said Deadpool 3's plot was about how the 838 Avengers were coming to avenge the Illuminati that Wanda killed in MoM so I don't know why anyone still pays attention to him

Also not a single one of them knew Hugh Jackman was coming back, which I find hilarious

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I still buy the theory that at least some of the MoM leaks were true...in an earlier script

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The Ant-Man 3 leaks were like The Rise of Skywalker leaks. The entire plot was leaked months in advance, but nobody believed them because they were just so stupid.

Tom cruise as Iron Man/Legion, otherwise the whole plot had been leaked beforehand yes
The Tom Cruise rumor was so obviously fake though. Marvel isn't going to get a massive actor like Tom Cruise to play a tiny bit role.

I think the big leaks that were not in the movie was Baldr being in the film and the film opening with Wanda decapitating Mordo and both of those were proven to be simply cut from the film rather than fake.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The end credits scene has to be X-Men related. Either return of old actors, or a tease of the new casting of the MCU version.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
On another subject, I wish I could be a fly on the wall for the Blade development.

TBH it probably was a lot of it various people in the chain saying "this isn't good enough"

Not like Deadpool 1 where Fox didn't even want to put out the movie and then when the movie was coming out the director and star ended up hating each other.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Were there any notorious "leaks" people were talking about that ended up as not true?

I remember leaks all about Wanda being the villain which were true though
I remember in the original Antman 3 leaks, in the final battle when Cassie creates a portal to save Hope and Scott, they end up getting stranded there and it's Kang who ends up escaping through the portal. Then they also went on to say that the end credits scene is Cassie working on monitors trying to get them back and then looks at a screen in shock and awe, and then it cuts there.

This is obviously not what happens in the movie BUT that whole ending scene felt poorly cut and sloppy to begin with so I can definitely believe they changed the script here. Especially when 90% of the rest of the movie was leaked very accurately.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So Michael B. Jordan have shared the Deadpool & Wolverine trailer on his insta, so people are obviously speculating he could cameo as the Human Torch from the 2015 travesty.

e1Ta60x.jpeg

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I remember in the original Antman 3 leaks, in the final battle when Cassie creates a portal to save Hope and Scott, they end up getting stranded there and it's Kang who ends up escaping through the portal. Then they also went on to say that the end credits scene is Cassie working on monitors trying to get them back and then looks at a screen in shock and awe, and then it cuts there.

This is obviously not what happens in the movie BUT that whole ending scene felt poorly cut and sloppy to begin with so I can definitely believe they changed the script here. Especially when 90% of the rest of the movie was leaked very accurately.
I 100% believe that was the original ending and they changed it when focus groups didn't like it.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
new-look-at-captain-america-falcon-in-captain-america-brave-v0-zocuqujp9cxc1.jpeg

New Leak from Cap. I don't know man, I think by calming down the outfit they made it boring again. SteveCap's black had a reason, and it was part of a story that was rushed, but told at least. I liked the CA&WS suit way more. Old suit with a bit more muted colors would be way better.

For Falcon, he looks like shit honestly. I'm not quite sure what I don't like about it, something to do with Spider-Man I think.

Feb 16, 2022
It still feels kinda insane to me that Brave New World is still a year away. I'm hoping all the time they're taking is put to good use.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
new-look-at-captain-america-falcon-in-captain-america-brave-v0-zocuqujp9cxc1.jpeg

New Leak from Cap. I don't know man, I think by calming down the outfit they made it boring again. SteveCap's black had a reason, and it was part of a story that was rushed, but told at least. I liked the CA&WS suit way more. Old suit with a bit more muted colors would be way better.

For Falcon, he looks like shit honestly. I'm not quite sure what I don't like about it, something to do with Spider-Man I think.

Apparently from the cinemacon footage this is his Stealth Suit he'll get part way into the film after being officially put on government payroll by Ross because he'll be going to Japan due to the "discovery of the century" found in a Japanese mine. It's assumed by New Rockstars that's to do with adimantiun.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Torres Falcon looks like a bad photoshop job😭 And looks to be a prototype suit than a completed one. He does looked like " We have Vulture at home" mixed with a tinge of Wonder Woman 1984.

I also liked the colours of Cap's suit from the series.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Meh...they should just stick with the FATWS color scheme at least.
Just make the suit more sleek or something with the white, blue, and red.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think the white cowl is necessary on Sam's Captain America costume, he otherwise looks too close to his Falcon getup.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
jha1nihi5gxc1.jpeg

Physical versions of those McDonalds toys we saw promotional art of a little while ago.

Not really sure what's going on with Diamondback, as that was supposedly the character Rosa Salazar was spotted playing in set photos alongside Seth Rollins, but this toy looks absolutely nothing like that:
Captain-America-Brave-New-World-Rosa-Salazar-Coat-800x800.png

So either she wasn't actually playing Diamondback, or she gets some wild makeover mid movie, or that toy is from a redesign for the character for the upcoming reshoots (though considering the lead time on merch I don't think that's the case).

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
The recent Avengers 5 roster is questionable and lame imo.
We don't need 2 Hulks and switch one out for Shang Chi instead.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017

Apparently from MTTSH's patreon or something.

-Captain America
-Spider-Man
-Hulk
-She Hulk
-Moon Knight

Weirdly super small (one fewer than the original Avengers?) and yeah, if you're going for a roster that small you don't need two Hulks. If you swap out Hulk for Shang-Chi and throw in like one other character--Captain Marvel or Ant-Man or someone--it could be fun. But yeah very odd. I don't really buy it.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

-Captain America
-Spider-Man
-Hulk
-She Hulk
-Moon Knight

Weirdly super small (one fewer than the original Avengers?) and yeah, if you're going for a roster that small you don't need two Hulks. If you swap out Hulk for Shang-Chi and throw in like one other character--Captain Marvel or Ant-Man or someone--it could be fun. But yeah very odd. I don't really buy it.

There's basically no way they go back to a team that small or a team with one token woman again.

That would be catapulting yourself so far backwards at mach speed for no reason.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

-Captain America
-Spider-Man
-Hulk
-She Hulk
-Moon Knight

Fuck no that roster sucks unless it's the starter crew and they gain members throughout.

Feb 16, 2022
I'm excited for Thunderbolts due to the talent involved, but that Avengers lineup wouldn't be surprising to me considering how "bland" the Thunderbolts lineup is.

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024

-Captain America
-Spider-Man
-Hulk
-She Hulk
-Moon Knight

Two Hulks and no Shang-Chi is super dumb. Swap Bruce out, there's no juice left in that character. I'm down for a smaller team though, what the MCU desperately needs is relationship building between Avengers and that's hard to do with a cast like Infinity War's.

Also, just putting my producer hat on, having two characters introduced in D+ shows on the roster seems like a recipe for disaster. Which is a shame because She-Hulk and Moon Knight are who I would be most excited to see (even if I'd prefer Moon Knight to remain isolated from the rest of the MCU). At the very least, this should mean S2 for both those shows. Edit: I'm picturing it and it would be really funny to see Marc/Steven talking to himself and Jen talking to the audience and everyone else is just confused.

I'm guessing since Cap 4 deals with Hulk stuff, that's the story link between those 3 characters. But how will a Spidey who nobody knows and a Moon Knight who definitely nobody knows land on this team?

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018

-Captain America
-Spider-Man
-Hulk
-She Hulk
-Moon Knight

Shang Chi definitely needs to be there.

- Shang Chi
- Captain America
- She Hulk
- Wong
- Ant Man
- Spider-Man
- Moon Knight
- Man Thing (who actually has something to do with the multiverse)

beat

Oct 28, 2017

-Captain America
-Spider-Man
-Hulk
-She Hulk
-Moon Knight

This is a roster desperately lacking in resources and money. None of these guys except maybe Sam can even dependably call on a ride that can take them across the country (and no wizards for easy portal travel) and none of them have anything suitable as a home base. I skipped out on Secret Invasion; what's the state of SHIELD now? Can Fury still pop up and call in Quinjet rides?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is a roster desperately lacking in resources and money. None of these guys except maybe Sam can even dependably call on a ride that can take them across the country (and no wizards for easy portal travel) and none of them have anything suitable as a home base. I skipped out on Secret Invasion; what's the state of SHIELD now? Can Fury still pop up and call in Quinjet rides?

As far as MCU proper goes, there's no SHIELD. I even wonder what SWORD is doing now, since the organisation in The Marvels might not be SWORD but just SABER(?) and Fury is stationed in space on the SABER space station.

Meanwhile in the Agents of SHIELD universe the ending has one of the main characters being the director of Shield. The academy and Helicarrier is back. Some members are also exploring space. So SHIELD is thriving there at least.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I'd believe them just jumping straight to the young avengers, with or without spidey, than that lineup

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I really was looking forward to Cap, Strange, Carol, T'Challa, Spiderman, Antman as the new lineup after Endgame but too bad that doesn't seem to be a thing?

IMO, pretend like the D+ stuff didn't happen and use your main leftovers from Endgame, have them need help and recruit the post endgame people.

Almost all the post endgame characters need some sort of reintroduction like Hulk, Widow, Hawkeye had in Avengers 1.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018

-Captain America
-Spider-Man
-Hulk
-She Hulk
-Moon Knight

This list looks like it was made by someone who thinks that Marvel cares about critical reception when deciding who gets to come back for future movies.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Moon Knight really makes zero sense there narratively - as a core "New Avengers," yeah, you'd probably lean on characters that Sam worked with in the past that are still hanging around on Earth, so Spider-Man and Hulk are no-brainers, and Hulk would naturally call in his cousin. You can argue why others wouldn't come back (Hawkeye is retired and Jeremy Renner almost died, Ant-Man's last movie bombed, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel are off doing other shit) but it makes sense.

Moon Knight, though, is barely a superhero, has zero connection to any other heroes, and would be a huge headache to drop into a film that already has a ton riding on it, particularly since his gimmick is kind of hard to understand (magical mummy-guy possessed by a god who also has multiple split personalities and the one in charge seems to only speak Spanish?).

If it was Shang-Chi, or Kate Bishop and/or Ms. Marvel, or the new Black Panther, I'd buy it, as that seems like a good lean starting lineup, and the sort of cast I would have wanted for Cap 4 if I could rewrite history.