• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

In a recent interview with Quantic Dream's David Cage, DualShockers learned just how major of a shift this actually is for the developer. It became clear that Quantic Dream was "thinking about where we wanted to go with the company for quite some time" and that breaking away from releasing games solely on PlayStation platforms would allow them to "work on different platforms and reach players all around the world" and become a "boutique publisher."

David Cage confirmed that Quantic Dream had actually been looking to expand and break free of PlayStation exclusivity since "around two years before the release of Detroit," and that "after having worked exclusively with PlayStation for 12 years, we thought it was the right time for us to put our money where our mouth is." He gave multiple reasons for Quantic Dream wanting to become more independent with what they develop and what platforms they release for "We also felt that the landscape would change in the coming years, with the emergence of new platforms, 5G and Cloud Play."

While Quantic Dream decided to split off from relying on Sony and has brought previously PlayStation exclusive games to another platform, there does not seem to be any bad blood. "We always had a great relationship with Sony PlayStation. They have always been very supportive of my work and we have always been very loyal to them in return. So we had a very open talk about all this, and they allowed us to release our catalog of titles on PC," David Cage confirmed. After all of these talks and partnerships were in place, the PC porting process could finally begin, though it was not all smooth sailing.

More here. Close if thread's already made.

Last edited:

JohnMichonski

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
User warned: Derailing.
I wish they'd get shut down instead.

EDIT: Look, I'll take the L for being so flippant, but I do not actually want everyone at QD to be jobless. Cage is a sex pest and an awful person and I would love for him to get the just desserts he deserves. That's it. I apologize for coming off like I did, but I'll still stand by my stance that Cage sucks completely and his writing is racist, sexist, and bad.

Last edited:

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Well Xbox players, PC player who already had a taste and maybe Switch/Nintendo players down the line? are you ready for some Cage goodness?

Are ya?

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed Detroit, one of my fav games this gen and last year. The more people that get to play their games the better

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 26, 2017

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
..........so essentially this is just an invitation for publishers to line up their wallets then ?

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
giphy.gif

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While Quantic Dream decided to split off from relying on Sony and has brought previously PlayStation exclusive games to another platform, there does not seem to be any bad blood. "We always had a great relationship with Sony PlayStation. They have always been very supportive of my work and we have always been very loyal to them in return. So we had a very open talk about all this, and they allowed us to release our catalog of titles on PC," David Cage confirmed. After all of these talks and partnerships were in place, the PC porting process could finally begin, though it was not all smooth sailing.
Always had to laugh when I saw the "Quantic Dream bought the IPs back" nonsense here on ResetEra. xD

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure how they'll fund games like Detroit without a backer who really wants an expensive prestige project on their platform. Even Epic doesn't have limitless money to hat.

Also, lol at just throwing in the "5G" buzzword with no context.

Oct 26, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm good without ever playing another David Cage Game for the rest of my life. On any platform.

But good for the people who like them I guess.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
David Cage is probably one of the best examples of a man failing up in the industry despite his failures.

hopefully QD games either get a lot better or a lot worse like Indigo Prophecy.

EDIT: David Cage is also a Racist

"Mad Jack" is played by a white dude.

Last edited:

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 day): hostility

EDIT: Look, I'll take the L for being so flippant, but I do not actually want everyone at QD to be jobless. Cage is a sex pest and an awful person and I would love for him to get the just desserts he deserves. That's it. I apologize for coming off like I did, but I'll still stand by my stance that Cage sucks completely and his writing is racist, sexist, and bad.
you're a piece of shit

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
There's always a GOTCHA attention-seeker ready at 1st post. It's incredible how prevalent thread-derailing is.

That said, this is good - people seem to really enjoy QD titles.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Having some reports / investigation about the divorce between QD & SONY when the information dropped would have been cool. I remember listening a French podcast (ZQSD) discussing it and one journalist seemed adamant that the split was more due to SONY after the toxic atmosphere reports back in early 2018. But that's pretty much all I've read / header since.

Personally I wouldn't take David Cage's words as gospel.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
I love what QD brings to the gaming landscape, their games are not for everyone, i enjoy them a lot, but it's inportant to have variety and new ideas in the industry. They always push technology too which is great.

I hope Sony keeps working with them for a long time and i hope other publishers invest in their projects too.