• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
Also bought Control. Was waiting on next gen before playing it, but passing on those consoles for now.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
ah sweet thank you for the heads up on this. I picked up Control as well since the Ultimate edition was 30% off. Now I just need to get me a 3080rtx...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Used the second coupon on Disco Elysium so kudos to peeps mentioning it being on sale. Two stellar OSX-compatible games for cheap is wonderful.

GeometryHead

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, I had entirely forgotten about this coupon. I couldn't use it for Hades, since it was too cheap to use the coupon, but I got the Control expansion pass for almost nothing instead. Cheers!

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Great game. However if you are looking for a roguelike to spend hundreds of hours in, hades is likely not gonna be that game for you.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I wish I could use this coupon (or the old MEGA Sale coupon I've also sat on) to preorder Bugsnax on the Epic Store.

Hades will eventually be a Switch game for me.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Whoops, I totally forgot I have 2 coupons.

I have Game Pass and a huge backlog so I have no idea what to get.

Can you stack coupons?

Plum

May 31, 2018
Gonna get Hades on the Switch so I picked up Mortal Shell for a tenner. Not bad, I'd say.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
What is a good roguelike to spend hundreds of hours in then?
There are plenty, Slay the Spire and Dead Cells for instance. Hades is too repetitive and doesn't have much of an endgame. For me there was a point i was done with the game which was after 76 hours, i had unlocked everything, beat 32 heat, did all the achievements etc.

gspec

Oct 25, 2017
I just use it to get red dead redemption 2. Never played it yet so this will be my first experience with the game.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Welp, I just grabbed Disco Elysium for $17.99 and Jedi Fallen Order for $19.99 with my coupons. I think I got a pretty decent haul for the price...

ColR100

Jan 13, 2018
It's a shame THPS 1+2 didn't manage to fall into the Halloween sale at all, as would have jumped right on it.

Not sure it's even worth using the two coupons I have, as whatever I purchase will end up sitting there in the library with no playtime until at least the end of December.

Last edited:

wolfshirt

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles
There are plenty, Slay the Spire and Dead Cells for instance. Hades is too repetitive and doesn't have much of an endgame. For me there was a point i was done with the game which was after 76 hours, i had unlocked everything, beat 32 heat, did all the achievements etc.
Hades has wonderful progression, story and artwork that respects all the time which the player will invest; be it 10 hours, 76 hours or even more.

I don't think your extreme example speaks for everyone here.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Hades has wonderful progression, story and artwork that respects all the time which the player will invest; be it 10 hours, 76 hours or even more.

I don't think your extreme example speaks for everyone here.
I said it was a good game. I just said that its not a game for hundreds of hours, or not as much as other roguelikes at least. That doesn't make it a worse game by any means, but its not that kind of game.

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
Does star wars squadrons on epic have VR capabilities and can I play it with the oculus 2?

EDIT
It does for anyone wondering, just picked it up now with my coupon.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
So my cupom is only good for R$60+ games. Disco Elysium is R$55... but Hades + Soundtrack is exactly R$60, so I guess I'll get that.

Just an old joke about the Epic store and its missing featues, don't worry.

I thought so... and I never realize it didn't have a store cart. I mean, I generally defend EGS, but this is bizarre. I would gladly have got both Disco Elysium and Hades so I can use my cupom, but I literally can't buy both games at the same time.

Last edited:

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Welp, I just grabbed Disco Elysium for $17.99 and Jedi Fallen Order for $19.99 with my coupons. I think I got a pretty decent haul for the price...
I would buy Fallen Order but EA Play is being added to PC Game Pass soon so there's no point.

I have such a huge backlog I'm not sure when I'd ever get around to Disco Elysium- what are some good games I can just pick up and put down? I have two coupons I need to use.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Ooblets also just released an update AND a Halloween event... Still in Early Access, but very good.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
is Shenmue 3 worth $7? otherwise i let the coupon expire...

Hm, maybe. Have you played the first two? For me it was a disappointment but other fans seem to like it, and there are worse ways to spend $7 (I backed it on Kickstarter for a ludicrous amount of money). I liked the environments in the first area, Bailu. Don't have any expectations of the story, but if you just soak in the atmosphere it can be nice.

On topic, I was debating getting Control, but then figured I'd wait a year or two for when I will get an RT card to play it with all the bells and whistles. Then I was thinking of getting Outer Wilds and wanted to play it in VR, but my GTX 1060 would probably not be able to run it in VR. So now I'm thinking Disco Elysium since it's under ÂŁ15 with the coupon and the recommended GPU is... a 1060 :P

(I already picked up Hades a few weeks ago with my other ÂŁ10 coupon, well worth ÂŁ5.19)

bug

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Paris
Cool game I purchased with the coupon, a little too hard for me. Thanks for the heads up ;) Now it doesn't update, but ok.

iqywOOE.jpg

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I was hoping for another Ubisoft sale to come up on Epic but alas...I guess I'm not too concerned about getting Ghost Recon Breakpoint for $5 or AC Origins season pass for $6 (like their last Epic sale)

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Thanks. I picked up Hades for $8. Rougelikes aren't really my thing but from the little I've played of this game so far this seems pretty fun.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Double dipped and got Hades for PC so my wife can try it out; she's been wondering what game I've been raving about.

I'll end up triple (quad?) dipping once the other consoles get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.