• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
He said BCIs will lead to gaming experiences far better than a player could get through their "meat peripherals" — as in, their eyes and ears.

You're used to experiencing the world through eyes, but eyes were created by this low-cost bidder that didn't care about failure rates and RMAs, and if it got broken there was no way to repair anything effectively, which totally makes sense from an evolutionary perspective, but is not at all reflective of consumer preferences.

So the visual experience, the visual fidelity we'll be able to create — the real world will stop being the metric that we apply to the best possible visual fidelity.

It turns out game engines are really useful because they simulate a lot of the information you need in order to create a simulated hand for people. You can iterate software faster than you can iterate a prosthetic, so we give them a framework in which they can do research and work with patients.

More at this link

One of the early applications I expect we'll see is improved sleep — sleep will become an app that you run where you say, 'Oh, I need this much sleep, I need this much REM

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
People will reject it because it doesn't force dual analog on all gamers, on console that is.

Bring it on, well if the neural link interface thing is not so bad and actually wide spread and required like cellphones.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
this is the interview you give when you mix up your bag of lays with a bag of shrooms.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I understand the noble intentions behind finding a way to just let people choose prescribed amounts of time to sleep, or other helpful functionalities, but hearing him describe an app that controls when you get to sleep also scares the heck out of the part of me always on the look out for how tech corporations can make life hell.

OP
OP
gitrektali

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
EsjaIfUU4AAyzOV

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Look forward to this technology coming out right after I merge with infinity. This shit aint happening anytime soon sadly.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I understand the noble intentions behind finding a way to just let people choose prescribed amounts of time to sleep, or other helpful functionalities, but hearing him describe an app that controls when you get to sleep also scares the heck out of the part of me always on the look out for how tech corporations can make life hell.
For real, capitalism is going to make this sort of technology a hellscape. I can't wait to have to pay a subscription to get a good sleep.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The same pseudoscientific babbling coming from the same people. /yawn

aeon.co

Your brain does not process information and it is not a computer | Aeon Essays

Your brain does not process information, retrieve knowledge or store memories. In short: your brain is not a computer
www.wired.com

The Neurologist Who Hacked His Brain—And Almost Lost His Mind

Neurologist Phil Kennedy set out to build the ultimate brain-computer interface. In the process he almost lost his mind.
thebaffler.com

Everybody Freeze! | Corey Pein

Cryonics has regained an undue aura of respectability as the thought leaders of Silicon Valley have trained their vision on the conquest of death.

Last edited:

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait for all of you day 1 enthusiasts to work out all of the deadly brain damaging kinks.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I don't know. Outside of medical uses this sort of thing seems extremely creepy to me. Companies are already super invasive with the way they pull and use customer data, I shudder to think what would happen with a bunch of neurological data that I would have no way of knowing how they will be used. This seems to me like the definition of a dystopia.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
He's been talking up this sort of thing for a while, but it'd be nice to see if they have anything like hardware related to it yet.

Oct 30, 2017
Billionaires sitting around thinking of ways to make money by integrating us completely into computers and software so we can all be part of the recurring revenue streams.

Really creepy.