• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone transcribe this. Hard to hear precisely what he is saying.

Valve games releasing on console would be great, but Steam on consoles would be a game changer, and I'm not sure how that would even work.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean couldn't they announce nothing by the end of the year and that mean nothing is happening?

i am hopeful but will not hold my breath

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Valve games on console isn't anything new.

Steam on consoles would be massive. Though that raises all sorts of questions as to how it's implemented.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone transcribe this. Hard to hear precisely what he is saying.

Valve games releasing on console would be great, but Steam on consoles would be a game changer, and I'm not sure how that would even work.

Q "will steam be porting any games to consoles, or will it just stay on PC"
A "you will get a better idea of that by the end of this year. And I don't think the answer is what you'd expect"
then something about how he thinks they'll react..

Oct 30, 2017
Their history of console support post-release has been very shitty in the past. Granted, I'm talking like Orange Box and Counter-Strike on the OG Xbox.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Alyx will probably make it to PSVR 2, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. Both PS5 and PSVR2 should be able to handle it.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Its either going to be Alyx, or just a multiplayer API.
Or maybe a Dota game announced during TI (August).

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
As someone who has, like, three games in my Steam library, I am not sure what this means, but I guess I look forward to hearing more.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
This should be the thread for this because of the zoom and the misspelling of Gabe's name.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. I could see MS allowing remote play since you can straight up use emulation on a series x. I wouldn't think there would be more than that.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Official PC/SteamVR support for PSVR2 would be a welcome addition, maybe even the ability to pair the PSVR2 headset with Index controllers.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Half Life Alyx on PSVR2 I hope.

Edit: Steam on Xbox would be awesome as well but I doubt it. More like something with GP or XCloud and Steam/XBox.

Steam on Xbox... curious to see what will come out of this.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna say something with Microsoft but the only Valve game I can think of is Half Life Alyx and that's VR so PSVR?

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The logistics of getting that running have me head spinning. Like will it be a curated store? It kinda has to be, right? There's so many games on steam that wouldn't work with a controller.
I'm guessing a "console" tag will be applied to games that are cross-platforn. But will your library just switch over? Like say if I have Ass Creed on steam will it play on XBOX as well?
I appreciate the effort, but this just screams hot mess waiting to happen.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Narrator: Nothing ended up being announced that year.
Cool news nonetheless, glad to see they're thinking about bringing something to consoles.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Total pipe dream probably, but as someone with only a regular old laptop but has amassed a pretty large library of steam games over the years, if I could play that library on my series X and just plug in a mouse and keyboard that would pretty incredible.

Likely not what he's getting at, I'm assuming he's talking about Alyx for PSVR2, but a person can dream.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
So is it just Valve games coming to consoles?
Steam on consoles would cannibalise the respective stores from either Sony or MS, so I doubt that's gonna happen... both have models on the market that rely exclusively on their store's ecosystem.

A new go at the Steam Box on the other hand...

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta imagine PSVR2 gets announced with Alyx at launch. I'd be shocked if it wasn't.