• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
5181a5b8-6e3d-466f-9cea-8f900375fd42-720-000000640b9c2bac.gif

On December 27th the old board of GAINAX resigned after the shitty thing that happened with the young voice actress.

The new board is

Representative Director: Yasuhiro Kamimura (Groundworks representative director) [Groundworks is a company set up by Studio khara to manage the complex Evangelion rights]
Board members: Yuko Takaishi (Kadokawa Anime Business Department Anime Production Division head), Atsushi Moriyama (King Records Rights Division senior operating officer), and Yoshiki Usa (Trigger representative director vice president)

Gainax confirmed that it has gone through economic turmoil recently, and intellectual property and production materials have been scattered and lost. However, the company reported that the new executives quickly assessed and responded to the situation "while gaining cooperation from related companies, coping with the circumstances, and beginning work on normalizing Gainax's business operations." Gainax also stated that it is taking the current situation seriously; the company is working toward a fresh start as it strives to repair the image of its brand and products built over the past 35 years.

www.animenewsnetwork.com

Yasuhiro Kamimura Becomes New Representative Director of Gainax

Yuko Takaishi, Atsushi Moriyama, Yoshiki Usa also become board members

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Hope that they can turn things around and that the next decade of Gainax is better than the last one and a half. Hope they also give Anno what he's owed and between Gainax and IG start doing their original IPs justice...somehow.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
This whole situation has been bizarre. Hopefully they can finally straighten things out.

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
Can someone provide an overview of the "situation". All I know is that their output has been slow, what are the other controversies here?

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone provide an overview of the "situation". All I know is that their output has been slow, what are the other controversies here?
Something about one of the board members taking lewd pictures of an underage girl and Anno's expose of them last month for them owing him a ton of money that he lent them out of the kindness of his heart that they've been avoiding paying him for years as well as selling off their IPs and other materials that should belong to Studio I.G and the creators there that were behind many of Gainax's beloved works.

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
Something about one of the board members taking lewd pictures of an underage girl and Anno's expose of them last month for them owing him a ton of money that he lent them out of the kindness of his heart that they've been avoiding paying him for years as well as selling off their IPs and other materials that should belong to Studio I.G and the creators there that were behind many of Gainax's beloved works.

Oh geeez. That is quite a mess. I'm glad they're on track to a course correction.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
What does Gainax still even own? I thought they sold everything off / moved it to "spinoff" companies.

From memory

Gunbuster and Diebuster
Panty and Stocking
Otaku no Video
Gurren Lagann

They most importantly own the assets from they works, the animations and cells especially were a huge question mark for years. They apparently sold a lot of them for cash.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I thought I'd read that Anno/Khara had a deal to purchase the Gunbuster, Diebuster and FLCL rights only for Gainax to sell them off to someone else at the last minute.

FLCL has been sold to Production I.G, Gunbuster/Diebustuer I have no idea at the moment, but Gaina is working on Gunbuster 3 so maybe they sold it

www.crunchyroll.com

Gaina Helms Production for Gunbuster 3 and Wings of Honneamise 2

Formerly known as Gainax Fukushima, animation studio Gaina Co., Ltd. has announced a new slate of upcoming anime projects, including a theatrical anime film Aoki Uru / Ur

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Panty & Stocking pretty popular, relatively speaking? I'm surprised they never tried to milk that more.

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Representative Director: Yasuhiro Kamimura (Groundworks representative director) [Groundworks is a company set up by Studio khara to manage the complex Evangelion rights]
It's worth to mention that Mr. Kamimura, along with his wife Noriko Kamimura, have been involved with the "old" studio since the DAICON FILM era; Yasuhiro Kamimura even acted as Deputy Director-General at the former GAiNAX headquarters, and Ms. Kamimura worked administering the GAINAX OFFICIAL SHOP and EVANGELION STORE while posting at blogs and mailing list news hosted by the company under the pseudonym "Norimama" (のりママ).

In fact, they stayed at GAiNAX after Mr. Anno's departure to also serve as a link between both Studio Khara (or χαρα) and GAiNAX in regards to copyright management of the joint properties at the time, until early 2010 when Mr. & Ms. Kamimura left GAiNAX to form Studio Khara's affiliated GroundWorks company (http://gworks.biz/) and signalled the definitive rift between the two entities.

Last edited: