• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
I played with this phone a couple of weeks ago. A couple of features I don't think anyone has mentioned is some sort of video enhancement. We were watching Incredibles on it and an iPhone XS Max and the video just looked so much better, smoother. It also has the feature from the Mate 20 pro where when you take a picture everything can be monochrome but the subject is in color not sure if it works for video. The wide angle is nice I'm glad others are following LG on this. Night time shots are also really good. I saw very little noise if any.

Last edited:

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I don't know why they held the "reveal" until the 20th; A lot of non press have played with this phone already and all the features are out of the bag for the Galaxy S phones. As an iPhone user Apple has a lot to worry about from its customers who are on the fence about switching as it seems Samsung is looking to one up them on most relevant features.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't really understand why a pinhole is preferable to just a slim bezel on the top. Even a water drop notch is better than a straight up hole in your screen.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
It looks amazing, not gonna lie. Plus it still has a dang headphone jack! That's like a punch in the guts for Apple and it's stupid courage. Seriously, all these recent cool almost-all-screen phones makes the current iPhone XS and it's huge notch looks like an outdated joke.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Literally I ditched laptops with my s9+ I was about to buy mac pro but nah I can do whatever I want on my s9+ that I would do on laptops even got one of the best screens on market it compete with the best TVs hdr screens out there.

Just pure perfection I wanna hold to it until S12 Hopefully.

I don't think I'd ever be able to ditch my laptop, as it's my only computer. Photoshop, video editing, excel work, etc is still a pain in the ass to do on a phone.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Do they differentiate a scratch vs a crack on the screen for the trade-in program? My S8 has a 1/4" long scuff, but going from 300$ to 100$ for trade-in is rough. Prices look high on kijiji in my area, might have to sell it myself instead.

I went from my Nexus 6P to a S8 when the battery died (two months before warranty was over). I like it overall, but I can't stand the placement of the fingerprint sensor, which is used for several of my banking apps.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I played with this phone a couple of weeks ago. A couple of features I don't think anyone has mentioned is some sort of video enhancement. We were watching Incredibles on it and an iPhone XS Max and the video just looked so much better, smoother. It also has the feature from the Mate 20 pro where when you take a picture everything can be monochrome but the subject is in color not sure if it works for video. The wide angle is nice I'm glad others are following LG on this. Nigt time shots are also really good. I saw very little noise if any.

yeah that's pretty cool. When my uncle used to work at Nintendo, it was awesome getting the inside scoop on things!

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
any leaks on the prices?

ya, few weeks ago
DyTHHa6XQAAzuqA.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. I want the 10+ but T-Mobile is going to charge a big down payment for their Jump on Demand because they are crazy, so...probably will go with regular S10.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, I'm beginning to suspect that Samsung are dropping the Upgrade Programme for the UK this year.
There's no trace of it on their website anymore, and when I tweeted Samsung UK about it they just said,

Which doesn't inspire me with confidence.

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Would have liked an S10e with an in display fingerprint sensor. Basically I just want a non-curved screen but with all the features on the regular S10.
All versions of the S10 besides the S10E require the pricey dome screen protector for the in-screen fingerprint sensor to work.

The S10E will allow for cheap screen protectors to work. Hoping the S10E has stereo speakers and some waterproofing.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Tell me about the Galaxy F please.
I don't know anything about the galaxy f. I know the galaxy will come in 3 sizes. I played with the S10+ in a pearl white gradient. It has an earphone jack, reverse charging (hopefully it works better than the reverse charging on the mate 20 pro), the speaker is really good, video enhancement (don't know what the feature is called) I think it has 10x digital zoom (We compared it to my P20 pro's 10x zoom and it wasn't quite as good). The nighttime shot I saw I'd put on par with the pixel 3 and my P20 pro maybe even better. The wide angle camera was really cool. I might actually get this but I kind of wanted the mate 20 pro too.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about the galaxy f. I know the galaxy will come in 3 sizes. I played with the S10+ in a pearl white gradient. It has an earphone jack, reverse charging (hopefully it works better than the reverse charging on the mate 20 pro), the speaker is really good, video enhancement (don't know what the feature is called) I think it has 10x digital zoom (We compared it to my P20 pro's 10x zoom and it wasn't quite as good). The nighttime shot I saw I'd put on par with the pixel 3 and my P20 pro maybe even better. The wide angle camera was really cool. I might actually get this but I kind of wanted the mate 20 pro too.

Noooo..

Other than the in screen finger print scanner, I mainly care about the zoom capabilities on this. Hopefully it's good enough of an upgrade over the S9+, which I've been pretty happy with for zoom. Disappointing if it really can't match up to the P20 for that.

Night sight I essentially have access to right now - just need to test it out on this modified APK of the Google Camera for S9+.

I've envied one of the past LG phones due to the range of awesome video editing tools that they had built in. That steady shot shot where the camera could maintain focus on one object while zooming in looked awesome

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Noooo..

Other than the in screen finger print scanner, I mainly care about the zoom capabilities on this. Hopefully it's good enough of an upgrade over the S9+, which I've been pretty happy with for zoom. Disappointing if it really can't match up to the P20 for that.

Night sight I essentially have access to right now - just need to test it out on this modified APK of the Google Camera for S9+.

I've envied one of the past LG phones due to the range of awesome video editing tools that they had built in. That steady shot shot where the camera could maintain focus on one object while zooming in looked awesome

Yeah we took a shot of a billboard across the street and the zoom on P20 pro was cleaner and more detailed but the S10+ wasnt bad per se. It also has the feature from the Mate 20 pro where you can take a picture and your subject can be in color and the rest of the shot in black and white. Like I said I don't know if it works in video. I didn't play with the selfie camera so can't comment on that. The wide angle was really cool just like on the Mate 20 pro and LGs. I don't know if you can record in wide angle. I hope you can.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I
Yeah we took a shot of a billboard across the street and the zoom on P20 pro was cleaner and more detailed but the S10+ wasnt bad per se. It also has the feature from the Mate 20 pro where you can take a picture and your subject can be in color and the rest of the shot in black and white. Like I said I don't know if it works in video. I didn't play with the selfie camera so can't comment on that. The wide angle was really cool just like on the Mate 20 pro and LGs. I don't know if you can record in wide angle. I hope you can.

Huawei uses a 3x zoom lense. Samsung is using a 2x

stone616

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Eh. I don't use a screen protector anyway.
Yeah I've had the Galaxy Note 7, S8, Note 8, and Note 9. Really there aren't any good screen protectors for curved glass screens. The good news is if you take care of the phone you won't need one. I never used a screen protector on any of those phones and never scratched any screens on any of them.

All I used with them was a UAG Monarch case. Same plans for the S10+ that I sold my Note 9 to get.

Chromhound

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Too bad i bought a Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 :( i broke my S8+... I'll wait for the Galaxy Fold

Edit: the 12gb of ram with 1tb is probably for people who use Samsung Dex (PC Mode)...

Last edited:

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Still waiting for confirmation on this but preorder leak in Malaysia:

S10+ = $900

S10 = $800

S10e = $660

Preorder comes with:
Tab A 7

Galaxy Buds

Screen Protection

10+ 512gb:

Galaxy Watch

Screen Protection

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I'm content with my Note9, I think I'll just wait out this notch/pinhole nonsense. :p

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Really interested how the S10e turns out. My S7 Edge is becoming really slow and unresponsive, not to mention the battery plummets after charging.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's odd. Sorry I just remembered seeing something about it being out. Guess I figured unlocked must be good.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of these out in the wild on Saturday. I saw some people who appeared to be Bell employees with phones identical to the leaks poking away at them outside a pizza shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.