• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. My S8 is still doing pretty good though, so I might try to hold out for that foldable phone rather than get this when I upgrade.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I would get this if it wasn't for the curved edges, everything about this phone is appealing to me except for that(and maybe the pinhole camera but it's a compromise).

Oh do they not offer one with no curved edges now?

I found the edge UI useless and the curves didn't do anything for me either

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't actually look bad in that photo. I think I'll have a better idea once I play with it in person.

I'm probably in for sure if Samsung's telephoto lens is a good improvement, and if it does use UFS 3.0. There was a rumor before saying it would be 2.1. I don't see myself getting another phone after this for a while so it needs to be as future proof as possible.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
nothing wild but renders:
https://www.91mobiles.com/hub/samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-official-press-renders-exclusive/

Pcbv3b6.png

UT6ZrtB.png

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm going to be honest I use my AirPods as much as I can every day and never have any charge issues. Maybe the charge case is that good idk.

I just set myself up a nice charging setup and plug my shit in at the end of the day. Charging doesn't bother me and that new air pad thing looks to solve some of those charging issues.

Honestly it's the freedom from the wires. Get up and walk around and ur still connected. No wires is huge.

Cool. That time I forgot my earbuds on an international flight and I was spared 8 hours of boredom because the carrier gives out free wires buds is enough to want the jack. You can still use wireless. Why do you want to remove very inexpensive features that don't impact you? I don't use mobile hotspot, I'm not going to insist the feature be removed because reasons.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Cool. That time I forgot my earbuds on an international flight and I was spared 8 hours of boredom because the carrier gives out free wires buds is enough to want the jack. You can still use wireless. Why do you want to remove very inexpensive features that don't impact you? I don't use mobile hotspot, I'm not going to insist the feature be removed because reasons.

Can you just highlight for me the part where I say that. This is an old thread so I need reminded bc I don't see it in ur quote

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously hope this comes out quick. Going to switch back to Sprint this week, but just bring my T-Mobile Galaxy S8 with me until this drops.

Lyft drivers (and maybe others?) get up to 5 lines for 20/mo unlimited Data for a year.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
My Note 9 camera stopped working after a month. Pretty dissapointed considering my Note 3 lasted 4 years with no issues

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
This has cemented me not switching over to Apple until at least after generation 10. Headphone jack seals the deal, plus all the other stuff like SD card, USB-C, etc. which Apple doesn't have (though fingers crossed on USB-C for them).

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Wonder what the pricing on the Samsung Upgrade Program will be like.
I signed up with the S8+ and got an S9+ last year, but those just had one RAM/Storage available. I'm going to guess it'll translate to the 6GB/128GB version.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
And of course the most interesting colour is limited to the unreasonably expensive models, I'm going to have to get a hell of a trade in deal and discount combo to even spring for the E (thanks Apple).

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forget the circle dot. Why the fuck are android manufacturers still using the old 3 button tool bar? Why not adpot the apple and pixel one button navigation. Is there anyway to download software to get around this?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Forget the circle dot. Why the fuck are android manufacturers still using the old 3 button tool bar? Why not adpot the apple and pixel one button navigation. Is there anyway to download software to get around this?
Gestures are dumb when they take exactly the same screen space than just having 3 buttons. It serves no purpose and makes navigation more annoying.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gestures are dumb when they take exactly the same screen space than just having 3 buttons. It serves no purpose and makes navigation more annoying.

The ability to scroll through open apps without lifting your finger off the screen makes navigation and multitasking on a phone a lot easier.

Oct 28, 2017
Why in the name of james would anyone spend $1800 on a phone? What am I missing. I feel old asking this since I work in telecommunications.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Wish the S10+ didn't have the dual camera crap on the front. The cutout looks bad enough for a single camera but looks absolutely horrendous for a dual camera setup that is 100% unneeded. I'll either get an iPhone this year or switch to the regular S10, I think the screen will only be 0.1 inch smaller than the S9+. As for Samsung phone pricing, does European pricing typically equal the same dollar amount in US, so the US S10 would be $899 and S10+ $999?

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
This looks interesting but the most important thing to me in a phone is the cameras if their track record is anything to go by then hard pass from me.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, these are good looking phones. Might ask work to upgrade my Pixel 2.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cant believe myself but i think im gonna go full s10+ 1tb in white. This will be my last cell phone for a while so i mind as well go all out.

Sucks about the price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.