• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
I'm on the edge of waiting for a price drop before diving into this phone now.

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Nice. Might upgrade to this half a year after release. I love my oneplus 3T but am also itching for an upgrade. I was also looking at the Pixel 3 but I think I'm going to wait for this.

NickHyde

Oct 26, 2017
the S10 lite might nice since it has no curved screen... the problem is the exynos processor and battery life in european phones. Will wait for the reviews and see. I still hope the xz4 compact from sony is a real thing.

Oct 30, 2017
What do you do that needs 6 gb of ram? Do you never close Google chrome tabs?

a lot of android phones have pretty terrible RAM management. even the pixel 3 was notorious for things like closing background music when opening the camera.

it's not like 4GB is unusable but if i were spending more than a few hundred dollars on a mid-to-upper range phone that i was planning to use for a couple of years, i'd want at least 6GB. it's the baseline at this point even for $300 chinese phones.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just goes to show the headphone jack can easily be catered for in a modern slim and powerful phone, anyone saying otherwise is PR bullshitting the fact that they want to cut costs and push people into paying more for extra accessories and dongles.
Name me a phone that has haptics as good as in the iPhone and also a headphone jack.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
The ability to scroll through open apps without lifting your finger off the screen makes navigation and multitasking on a phone a lot easier.

Samsung one u gives you the option to completely hide ui buttons. I love it!

Swipe up from middle - home button
Swipe up from left or right corner - app switch or back

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you'd actually experienced good haptics on a recent iPhone then you would bemoan the lack of them.

I'd take the Taptic Engine over a headphone jack.
My father has an iPhone X and I used it the other day and can honestly say I didn't care for the haptic feedback. I never cared for it on my S3 either.

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
iPhones had very good haptics even when they had headphone jacks, why do we pretend to have to choose, because Apple said so??

Dec 3, 2018
I was going to get an iPhone next after the issues I've been having with my S8, but headphone jack may just be enough to sway me.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My S9 is a beautiful phone, the infinity display is like nothing I've ever seen before....but this S10...Jesus, it's like God himself designed it.

Day one.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
Why Samsung S8/S9 are still the best phones compared to every other manufacturer if you don't want to pay the S10 price at launch.
I also got One Hand+ from the Galaxy Apps to tweak gestures to do what you want. You don't need One UI's lame navigation system.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
How is he able to post videos like that already?? like can't he get sued from samsung???

It's not the real phone. They're dummy models manufacturers use to design their cases. You can find them pretty easily online. If Samsung/Apple wanted to sue for these "leaks" they would've done so years ago, as this isn't the first time MKBHD (and plenty other tech youtubers) has shown dummy models before launch.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
It's not the real phone. They're dummy models manufacturers use to design their cases. You can find them pretty easily online. If Samsung/Apple wanted to sue for these "leaks" they would've done so years ago, as this isn't the first time MKBHD (and plenty other tech youtubers) has shown dummy models before launch.
ahhhh okay i see now.

Oct 27, 2017
Meh. My S8+ is still plenty powerful plus it's coming out of contract, so plan to stick with it for another year and save money until 5G is in place and widely
supported.

Don't forget Samsung has said S8/S9 are getting Android P too, so what's the reason to upgrade again? Oh yes, those stupid prices. Why?

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Any word on the camera? Supposedly it's going to follow LG and Huawei with an additional wide angle camera but any word on improvements to the main?

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm hella tempted to give this a try but it's still too big for my preferences.

Hopefully someone comes up with a 4" flagship phone. I have the cash waiting for you, manufacturers.

cyress8

Avenger

DyTHHa6XQAAzuqA.jpg

The foldable Note 10 is going to fucking destroy my cashflow.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Was just playing with the S10+ I can confirm headphone jack, reverse wireless charging, 10xdigital zoom (not as good as the P20 pro's 10x zoom) amazing sound, and this really cool feature that makes video look better and smoother than on other phones

Last edited:

WolfForager

Oct 27, 2017
In the age of Google Photos, do you really need more than 128GB of storage? My S8 has 64GB and I only had to clean up my photos after a year.

HotTakeCakes

Alt account
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Reading
a lot of android phones have pretty terrible RAM management. even the pixel 3 was notorious for things like closing background music when opening the camera.

it's not like 4GB is unusable but if i were spending more than a few hundred dollars on a mid-to-upper range phone that i was planning to use for a couple of years, i'd want at least 6GB. it's the baseline at this point even for $300 chinese phones.

Source?

I'm currently on the Pixel 2 XL which is my 7th Android phone, ranging from Galaxy's, Nexus and Pixels and not a single one of them has ever closed down any currently running app to make way for another. RAM management on Android phones is pretty good to the point where I never even need to check what resources are being used.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Source?

I'm currently on the Pixel 2 XL which is my 7th Android phone, ranging from Galaxy's, Nexus and Pixels and not a single one of them has ever closed down any currently running app to make way for another. RAM management on Android phones is pretty good to the point where I never even need to check what resources are being used.
It happens randomly. My biggest complain (I have a Pixel) is the Chromecast volume stopping working out of nowhere, because something closed in the background. It happens so often that I usually open the Home app to change the settings instead of trying the volume buttons...

I had music stopping as well, but only 2 times so I can't really say it's a memory problem in Android or a bug in Spotify.

Status
Not open for further replies.