• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017

What an amazing year for PlayStation and Sony. Congratulations and very well deserved.

And congrats to all other nominees.

Annoying Old Party Man

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Last year it was Nintendo, this year it was Sony. I would like to hope next year will be Microsoft's, alas...

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Sony can get at least two of their big three upcoming titles out next year they'll have a fair few nods again in 2019.

Oct 27, 2017
Last year was Nintendo so having one first party publisher having a great year isn't new. If anything is a sign of a thriving industry

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Ouch, Xbox just 3. not even half of Nintendo's and Nintendo is already a third of Sony's.

Last edited:

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
If Sony can get at least two of their big three upcoming titles out next year they'll have a fair few nods again in 2019.
Yeah, I don't see it happening, but TLoU, Death Stranding, Tsushima, Dreams... Not going to happen, but in theory, Sony could have the best year they've ever had, maybe any publisher has ever had in fact.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this year was free for Sony. They had a lot of their big titles come out this year and they were all fantastic so it's pretty obvious the results. Next year will basically just have Last of Us 2 which will do well (it's coming next year I guess lol). How's this compare to last year?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see this repeating if The Last of Us 2 releases next year. And Nintendo will also be much better than this year.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
2017 was the Year of Nintendo, but 2018 was very much the Year of Sony.

I've used my PS4 almost every day this year. I loved the gorgeous new Shadow of the Colossus, really enjoyed God of War, and am looking forward to playing Spider Man. Sony's first-party investments have really paid off and they deserve full credit for that.

I can see this repeating if The Last of Us 2 releases next year. And Nintendo will also be much better than this year.
2019 could be a serious battle in which the consumers win. Imagine a year where Last of Us, Death Standing and Ghost of Tsushima go up against Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Metroid. Hooooo boy...

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
User Banned (5 days): History of console warring and trolling threads to provoke others
best xbox one exclusive!

scalebound
crackdown 3
fable legends
phantom dust

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Sony has a lot of nominations, but they arent going to win any awards for it. That's usually how it goes. You get a lot of games but only the creme of the crop can win. RDR2 will probably sweep everything in the same way that a year with a big nintendo release would probably sweep

Despite having more nominations this year however, i'd be far more inclined to say they deserved it more last year with the amount of exclusives they had on offer that appealed more to my personal tastes

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I see 2 nominations for Forza Horizon 4 where's the third Xbox nomination? What am I missing?

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last year it was Nintendo, this year it was Sony. I would like to hope next year will be Microsoft's, alas...
Lol yeah that's not happening anytime soon. I don't see Crackdown being up for anything unless there really aren't a lot of great multiplayer games next year. Battletoads is doubtful. Ori 2 will likely be up for a few things. Gears 5 is a bit of an unknown as that franchise has been getting stale. Maybe if this new one really changes it up a bit and has a worth a darn story and characters for once.

Oct 27, 2017
Honest question: is there a recent year where Sony wasn't very high in this ranking? I genuinely can't remember a year where they had as little nominations as Xbox (and another genuine question: was there any year where Xbox was in the top publishers?)

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Honest question: is there a recent year where Sony wasn't very high in this ranking? I genuinely can't remember a year where they had as little nominations as Xbox (and another genuine question: was there any year where Xbox was in the top publishers?)
They can't have been well received in 2014. It was a shitty year for MS too. Even Nintendo had a bad year actually, Bayo 2 was probably the highlight.

That year was rough in general though. Any year that has DkS2 as the highlight is a bad time.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Sony is one of the most consistent publishers in the business. They will have a massive number next year as well with TLOU2 and Dreams very likely to crack 95+

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Nah, I believed it might release this year but didn't hear of any announcements. Terribly wrong I guess.
I think the original plan is to release the game this year, but they never announce the daye and recently in their interview and streams they start saying that the beta will be this year but say nothing about the release date. Even in very recent stream they still insist that the beta will be this year though. I'm expecting shadow drop for the beta now. Like maybe during tga you get a trailer saying beta available now or something

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Aside Days Gone, Dreams, and Medievil, one or two of the three (Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, and The Last of Us Part II) are coming out next year so it'll be similar situation with Sony next year, especially with TloU Part II. That's going to swoop everything because it's Naughty Dog.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Fever!

Pxj0GiO.gif

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. Sony is a powerhouse in that regard. They worked long and hard for this.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

They've been up there since Geoff started the awards show,

2014 TGA - The Last of Us Remastered\The Last of Us: Left Behind

2015 TGA - Bloodborne\Until Dawn

2016 TGA - Uncharted 4\Ratchet & Clank

2017 TGA - Horizon\Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

2018 TGA - God of War, Spider-Man, Detroit, and Astro Bot.

This year was the most they've ever been nominated and I expect next year to continue that trend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.