• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me which of the yu-gi-oh games on gba are rpgs where you walk around and stuff and which one is best?

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Well, there it is, I've been trying to shoot my old GBAs for a video about the Analogue Pocket, and they don't seem to hold a lot of charge anymore. I charged them all to completion beforehand and my modded SP and childhood SP had trouble powering on at all. My Famicom Micro held five minutes before having the blinking red Select and Start button... Thankfully I have a modded original GBA, which at least uses AA batteries (the screen is bad though)!

Well, there it is, I've been trying to shoot my old GBAs for a video about the Analogue Pocket, and they don't seem to hold a lot of charge anymore. I charged them all to completion beforehand and my modded SP and childhood SP had trouble powering on at all. My Famicom Micro held five minutes before having the blinking red Select and Start button... Thankfully I have a modded original GBA, which at least uses AA batteries (the screen is bad though)!

I'm fairly sure you can buy decent quality batteries for all those on the cheap.
I have a replacement battery for my Micro and it works perfectly for several years now.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I'm concerned about my Micro. I've not touched it in years.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
i've been picking up "junk" gameboy pockets and the main thing that makes them "junk" is burned out screens. does anyone know where i can pick up polarizers that are the right color (grey, not green)?

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
i've been picking up "junk" gameboy pockets and the main thing that makes them "junk" is burned out screens. does anyone know where i can pick up polarizers that are the right color (grey, not green)?

Look for FSTN polarizer film. It's rarer and more expensive. Not sure about other places, but I saw a listing on Aliexpress for like $45 for a larger sheet (I think between A4 and A3). No smaller sizes, but if you have a bunch of GameBoys to fix or other people to divide it, it might be worth a try.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So, I've been having some issues with my original Game Boy. One was the vertical lines issue on the screen, but I fixed that already. The other issue is strange, and I have no idea how to fix it. Basically, the controls are all over the place. Like, every direction on the d-pad presses down, and also the start button sometimes presses down, too. Select button presses up on the d-pad most of the time. I think B and A are okay, at least. Heh.

Edit: Now B and A are pressing left and right...

Edit 2: I should note that the controls were already acting up well before I ever opened the Game Boy up.

Edit 3: It's the ribbon cable causing the issues. Everything seems to be good now except for up on the d-pad, which I just cannot get working.

Last edited: