• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lara Croft. I want to protect her.

Protect that smile!

wncq3mug6xl11.jpg

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Vaylin, from Star Wars The Old Republic.
She deserved so much better, the poor thing.
Caged, brain-washed over and over again by an abusive monster of "father", for the sole purpose of being "too powerful".

Just look at this and tell me you don't feel for her :

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Madeline.

I really appreciate the sounds used for her voice, they really nailed the sound of someone who is sad/scared

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
orig_7545074ff4071f6e927af97fedaf88e4.png

It's strange. I don't remember ever seeing her before but I feel sad when I look at her.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Arthur Morgan. Man, that dude got a raw deal in life. Toward the end of the game, seeing him become more positive, and seeing him take genuine interest in some of the stranger missions (AL the photographer needing horses herded comes to mind) made me so much more sad at his inevitable fate. Poor guy. :(

Also, inb4 "don't hug b/c he'd give you TB"
Yeah he actually needed a hug

Oct 27, 2017
London
latest

Shiho Suzui from Persona 5

Plain Doll from Bloodborne

Eder_composite.png

Eder from Pillars of Eternity. Total bro who loves petting animals and loves to joke around.

latest

Yukiko Amagi from Persona 4

Arthur Morgan in RDR 2
after visiting the doctor and he gets diagnosed with Tuberculosis. Wear a face mask though to avoid germs for a safe hug

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lucas deserves all the hugs in the world, poor kid.
That was my answer too. Lucas has to have the rawest deal if any character I've ever seen in a game. Over the course of the game he:

• Sees his Mother violently killed protecting him from a monster that had been friendly prior to being driven mad with cybernetics.
  • Loses his twin brother when the brother attempts to avenge their mother by killing the monster.
  • Watches his father grow withdrawn and distant as he spends his time searching for Lucas's brother, leading him to grow up neglected by his only remaining family.
  • Watches as his hometown is "modernized" from a tight night rural community to a cold and detached one in which everyone becomes obsessed with materialism and status.
  • Learns the entire world was mostly destroyed long ago, and his friends and family are the last of humanity, and they aren't doing a particularly good job with the last chance they were given.
  • Learns his brother's body was claimed by the villains and turned into a cyborg against his will.
  • Sees his father potentially fatally wounded protecting him from his cyborg brother.
  • Forced to fight his brother while the spirit of their mother begs for the boys to stop fighting.
  • After his brother regains his senses (which involves letting him beat the shit out of Lucas while Lucas doesn't fight back), he unwittingly assists in his brother's final suicide, and cradles him in his arms as the brother dies for real.
  • Potentially brings about the end of the world by awakening the dragon that was being contained by the final needle.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mayuri from Steins;Gate 0 specifically. Would someone please give this girl a damn hug?! Too pure.

Bonus anime for your pleasure:

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Hug because cute - Trico

Hug because they need it - Nines. He's a good boy but he can be so angsty.

Hug because hot - Kass

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe not from me particularly as it would be creepy coming from a grown ass man, but half the characters in Rule of Rose need a hug big time

2qb4r9k.png

For those not planning to play the game but want details, check this 1 hr+ long video analysis (most of which is accurate)

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Nate and Elena at the end of Uncharted 4, the cast of Persona 5.

But most of all, Toriko from The Last Guardian. At least I have my dog (he's awesome).

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
Robin from Iconoclasts.
cZ46A2x.gif

Especially after the end. She fights through the Theocratic Military, loses friends and family and it turns out that their God was just a bird guy who wanted fuel for his starship. All the death, pain and suffering ended up serving no purpose whatsoever.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
That was my answer too. Lucas has to have the rawest deal if any character I've ever seen in a game. Over the course of the game he:

• Sees his Mother violently killed protecting him from a monster that had been friendly prior to being driven mad with cybernetics.
  • Loses his twin brother when the brother attempts to avenge their mother by killing the monster.
  • Watches his father grow withdrawn and distant as he spends his time searching for Lucas's brother, leading him to grow up neglected by his only remaining family.
  • Watches as his hometown is "modernized" from a tight night rural community to a cold and detached one in which everyone becomes obsessed with materialism and status.
  • Learns the entire world was mostly destroyed long ago, and his friends and family are the last of humanity, and they aren't doing a particularly good job with the last chance they were given.
  • Learns his brother's body was claimed by the villains and turned into a cyborg against his will.
  • Sees his father potentially fatally wounded protecting him from his cyborg brother.
  • Forced to fight his brother while the spirit of their mother begs for the boys to stop fighting.
  • After his brother regains his senses (which involves letting him beat the shit out of Lucas while Lucas doesn't fight back), he unwittingly assists in his brother's final suicide, and cradles him in his arms as the brother dies for real.
  • Potentially brings about the end of the world by awakening the dragon that was being contained by the final needle.
This is a very compelling argument here. Forgot just how fucked this game is.

The sandbag from SSB exists to only get the shit beaten out of it, and I'm pretty sure it's sentient so it deserves a shoutout...

Vandal Deca

Oct 21, 2018
I really wanted to hug Hyun-ae from Analogue: A Hate Story. She suffered so much trauma.

And yes, Madeline from Celeste is a great pick as well.

Oct 27, 2017
How am I the first to mention Mimikyu???

250px-778Mimikyu.png

Its backstory is so sad :(

A lonely Pokémon, Mimikyu is always covered by its disguise. Since this Pokémon is weakened by sunlight, it is rumored that the veil is used for protection. It is believed that seeing its true form will cause a mysterious illness or even a painful death. Mimikyu's disguise is modeled after Pikachu because of the popularity of Pikachu-styled merchandise, thinking that its disguise would allow it to make friends with people.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Arthur Morgan. Man, that dude got a raw deal in life. Toward the end of the game, seeing him become more positive, and seeing him take genuine interest in some of the stranger missions (AL the photographer needing horses herded comes to mind) made me so much more sad at his inevitable fate. Poor guy. :(

Also, inb4 "don't hug b/c he'd give you TB"

Co-signed

Also, Sierra 117. He was kidnapped and forced into the life of a soldier from a young age and due to the intense training and augmentations candidates (many died) had to undergo to become Spartans he became more stoic and even robotic at times, only rarely showing emotion due to the connection forged with Cortana.

Chief deserves a damn hug if any character does dammit! >: (

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Any Pokemon, especially Ditto.
Any Digimon, especially Belzemon.
The shy girl from BOTW.
Mipha, because she needs all them hugs in the world.
Euden from dragalia lost.
Skanderbeg from EU4.

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
Like, half of Kingdom Hearts characters, mainly Aqua, Roxas, and Xion.

The firekeepers from the Souls games.

Chloe and Max from LiS.

Angela from SH2
Walter Sullivan from SH4

MasterVampire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lucas from Indigo Prophecy after he guts that guy at the diner bathroom with a steak knife and is freaking out later on at his apartment

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
559px-FEMN_Jagen_02.png

All Jagen characters (Titania, Mycen...). Imagine fighting all your life for your country/company, you're the most veteran fighter on your army... and EVERY rookie soldier gets far better than you in only a few battles.