• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jafku1

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft. They're starting to branch out however and I hope they continue that practice in the next gen

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda Game Studios. They make enormous, expansive worlds that bore me to tears but I can see why other people love them.

Puweyxil

Oct 28, 2017
Rockstar. Their games just aren't for me but they're obviously doing something right. I mean, damn, GTA 5 sold 80 million copies worldwide so far.

free_bubble

Oct 27, 2017
Naughty Dog for sure. Their games display incredible craft... in non-interactive elements that I don't really value for their own sake. I feel like I've outgrown the type of blockbuster set-piece driven experiences they put out so expertly.

Except TLoU. That game looks cool.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
NetherRealm. Unless we're talking about Smash Bros., I don't like fighting games but MK and Injustice games are cool to watch.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Naughty Dog. Their games look beautiful and boring at once. I couldn't get into the Uncharted series and I couldn't get into TLoU.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix

They have a lot of history behind them for Jrpgs and was seen as role models but even their past games didn't really do anything for me and just seemed ok. If anything kingdom hearts is the one sole franchise they have that I actually enjoy.

I'm talking about the games that the actual dev studio makes not the one they publish or from their subsidiaries.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sony. Can't help but respect them for entering the videogames enviroment and positioned themselves in first place almost inmediatly. Sony basically managed to do in one gen whan Sega never managed to do in its lifetime: Pushing Nintendo to irrelevance and change people's perception of videogames.

Now, i can't get myself to enjoy them, their realistic looking games take temselves too seriously and their cartoonish games lack a soul in my opinion. Their machines also lack personality, being basically cold electronics with, again for me, no real meaning. Every time i've got myself a Sony console has been for a third party game. No exceptions so far.

Dr. Dre's Dr.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo. It is nice they are finally trying new things gameplay wise but the same tired story lines are wearing thin for me. I can't look past how well made the games are though.

spydersvenom

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas City
Arkane. Prey was good, was never able to get into Dishonored though.
Arkane for me as well. Mad respect for the concept and design of both Dishonored titles and Prey, but the way the games play just don't mesh well with me. I think it's that the game seems to offer freedom of choice, but to do crazy things like pacifist and completionist runs reveal the flaws in the overall implementation.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
My answer is Double Fine.

I love everything about the company but their games. I greatly respect their independent attitude and think their games often have a really cool aesthetic, I just don't enjoy playing them...

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
What about companies that you enjoy but don't respect?

I'll name one, Zenimax.

I enjoy most of their games, Doom, Wolfenstein, The Evil Within, Prey, Dishonored, Skyrim and Fallout. I loved all those games and still I just can't respect then.

Going by that game list I should love then but there is something about Zenimax/Bethesda that just feels wrong to me. Their decision to not allow reviews before release day was just the last thing to make me despise then.

I feel like they have something of an image problem. Don't know if anyone agrees with me.

Just the fact that they focus that much on single player games on this day and age should make me appreciate then more, but I just can't feel sympathy for then.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard and Rockstar. I loved Warcrafts 1 - 3 and Starcraft but after that I just stopped playing Blizzard's games for some reason. Maybe just RTS fatigue. GTA-games are not really for me but I can definitely see the appeal.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo
I respect the hell out of what they do and the games they create, but boy, the ones I personally enjoy are few and far between.

Molemitts

Oct 25, 2017
I have a passive interest in Platinum games, most of their games I have played I've found reasonably enjoyable, but I can't fall in love with them. There's a few reasons for this I don't like the way checkpoints work especially during bosses where if I reach a certain point with low health it feels like I might as well die so I can start partway through with full health. The games also have little sense of place and I really enjoy a good setting, personally. I get people appreciate the focus on pure action and that's great but I always want a little more then that. I though Nier: Automata woukld be the answer to a lot of my Platinum complaints but that has its own set of problems.

CD Project Red, I haven't really enjoyed the Witcher games but everything I've seen about them reassures me that they are good games, especially in the writing and setting. For that reason I'll keep an eye on them and hopefully they will put out a game that I'll actually enjoy the moment to moment gameplay of.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Naughty dog, and Rockstar. They make great games but was never a fan of w.e they decided to tackle. Naughty dog in particular

Oct 30, 2017
Devolver Digital
Nintendo (cause I haven't played a Nintendo product since the SNES)
Platinum
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Platinum

I just don't enjoy their action games, especially not Bayonetta, didn't have fun playing through and didn't like the sexualized character.

Putting my hopes on Nier Automata thoo.

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
CD Projekt - I admire what they do, but I'm just not a fan of the Witcher series. Hopefully Cyberpunk will change that!

Rockstar - I only really like GTA 3, just haven't been a fan since, I admire the work and detail they do though, they put a lot of heart into their games

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Probably Blizzard. Not really a big PC guy and even the games they do put out on consoles arn't really for me, but I gotta respect them for what they do.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
CD Projekt Red. The amount of effort they put into Witcher is amazing even if it bores me to tears because I can't get into it. They're like modern Square Enix, except when their game finally comes out it is universally acclaimed and deemed worth the dev time, lol. I'm still excited to see what Cyberpunk 2077 ends up looking like.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Nippon Ichi Software's close enough. I just don't have much interest in stat-heavy games like Disgaea, nor their more experimental but simple releases like Yomawari and its siblings. But I've heard very good things about their quality, so I'll give them benefit of doubt.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard, for sure. Genuinely love everything I see from them and the quality of their releases, but the genres they focus on are simply ones that don't interest me (RTS, MMO, MOBA, TCG, etc.). The closest I ever got was the 20-30 hours I put into OW earlier this year, but besides that, nada. D3 is probably my best next chance to get into something by them, but haven't started yet (I have it waiting for me on my PS4).

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nintendo. they make amazing fucking games, I recognize zelda and Mario kart are some of the best series in gaming but I just can't seem to enjoy them. I'm gonna power through Breath of the wild though soon.