• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Doxxing the creators of an anti-harassment service, sending them death threats, alot of that harassment being organized through gaming tangential sites? That's no longer surprising these days.
Gonzales and Lepers said the campaign against them was organised via an infamous youth forum on website jeuxvideo .com -- roughly a French equivalent of the English-language message board 4chan, a hub for young internet trolls.
Unfortunately, this was the most surprising part of the article. JV used to be a solid news source back in the day.

gesicht

Oct 25, 2017
Gamer culture continues to disappoint. Almost everything about the way mainstream games are made, marketed, sold and discussed is pretty awful. Glorification of violence, objectification of women, shitting on minorities PLUS competition, testosterone and fucking Doritos. We've got it all.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
JVC still being trash it seems.

The 18-25 (I assume most of the 15-18 migrated there) should be deleted.

Nothing redeemable over there.

Doxxing the creators of an anti-harassment service, sending them death threats, alot of that harassment being organized through gaming tangential sites? That's no longer surprising these days.

Unfortunately, this was the most surprising part of the article. JV used to be a solid news source back in the day.

Still is but their forum has been full of hatred for years now.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Utterly pathetic behavior like this is why I wish people could be held more responsible for their online behavior

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, let me get this straight.

This was an anti harassment resource meant to give women whom were being harassed by men a little leverage and that was enough to get these guys mad?

Seriously?

Oct 27, 2017
Hjod, do you play video games?

Me: No, never touched them.

Sometimes it's a fucking embarrassment taking part in this hobby.

Calling them trolls is just misleading, assholes are more apt.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Oh look, it's about ethics in videogame journalism. Obviously. Right guys? Riiiiight?

Goddamn GGassholes. We see you. We are still here. Your day will come.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
JFC. It seems like in the last 10 years half of nerd culture in video games (and I'm being optimistic with that 'half' figure) decided to grow up and the other half simply embraced their fragile identity and masculinity even more.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Don't even need to read the article's content to know the trolls were from jv.com. The forums on that website are complete cesspits.

I've got 3k posts on there. Don't judge me I was young and dumb :@ (although I want to be very clear I never engaged in any form of harassment).

Raptor Jesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
jeuxvideo is a gaming forum?

I haven't heard that name in ages and always assumed it was a video hosting site.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Is JV.com still the #1 french videogame website ?

It's so weird that such an important and "official" website is okay with harboring such a disgusting and heinous community. Wondering if it could affect the main website traffic long term or if it's already declining so they want to benefit from the traffic generated by this shit.