• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Small Town Hero sounds too much like an asset flip mobile game.

Then again so does this so there's no winning here.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I like the title.
I've no idea why this game hasn't been released yet, though. I mean, they know they are releasing Pokémon in 3 months, right?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I like the title.
I've no idea why this game hasn't been released yet, though. I mean, they know they are releasing Pokémon in 3 months, right?
Different teams. Game Freak has one of the biggest IPs in the world, but they are practically an indie studio otherwise. They released Giga Wrecker in early access as a Steam exclusive a few years ago out of nowhere. They are a very strange company.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Different teams. Game Freak has one of the biggest IPs in the world, but they are practically an indie studio otherwise. They released Giga Wrecker in early access as a Steam exclusive a few years ago out of nowhere. They are a very strange company.

I know it's different teams, but they still are competing against themselves if they release two games in close proximity, even more if they release a tiny new IP against what will be the biggest game of the year on Switch.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's different teams, but they still are competing against themselves if they release two games in close proximity, even more if they release a tiny new IP against what will be the biggest game of the year on Switch.

Everyone will buy Pokémon, so by default everyone is in competition on Switch these holidays. But it's unlikely to affect an eShop only game like Town aiming only at a niche.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Not all the town will be in the games going forward, only the regional buildings will be present".

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Everyone will buy Pokémon, so by default everyone is in competition on Switch these holidays.

Yes.

But as far as I know, only Game Freak has a say on when Town and Pokémon are both released.
I'm just saying they could have waited a few months to release Town if they didn't want to compete with themselves. Other game publishers do not have the same luxury.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

But as far as I know, only Game Freak has a say on when Town and Pokémon are both released.
I'm just saying they could have waited a few months to release Town if they didn't want to compete with themselves. Other game publishers do not have the same luxury.

Well, we don't know when Town is releasing in any case. It could be shadowdropped two months before the launch of SwSh.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Do we know if Town is multi-plat? It was shown in a Nintendo Direct so I just assumed it was a Switch game.
"Little Town Hero" has a cute ring to it, I understand they couldn't have just called it 'Town'. I also think the game looks great and works to with their artstyle really well, so I look forward to seeing how it looks when they show it off again.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About time we get some news on this. Kinda think they expanded the game a bit, maybe even a retail release

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Unsure if the title is referring to the Hero or the town as little.

Still good to see this game due to release soon

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if Town is multi-plat? It was shown in a Nintendo Direct so I just assumed it was a Switch game.
"Little Town Hero" has a cute ring to it, I understand they couldn't have just called it 'Town'. I also think the game looks great and works to with their artstyle really well, so I look forward to seeing how it looks when they show it off again.
They can still announce it for other systems, but I don't think they would after all this time

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I hoped it would have released before Pokémon, since it sounded like a small game ala HarmoKnight but there's still no news after all that time.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Yes.

Pretty sure The Pokemon Company get to pick when Pokemon is released.
Just Town that's up to GF but I have feeling they might not release it in the best spot. I guess if its done you can't hold onto it for that long so you just gotta release it.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017

That's their respective publishers problem, not Game Freak's.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
That somehow sounds much worse than just plain Town. I know it's just the Japanese name and it could change, but yeah... That makes it sound like a low-budget, short indie title that will be mediocre and quickly forgotten. I'm expecting to see more in a Direct next month, but very low hopes for this one, despite them having GF's supposed 'A-team'.