• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dans on fire in Detroit.

"Wait is this 1994?"
"No it said 2038"
"Wha..."

"So the androids, see this is what I don't understand, did they program them to have feeling?"
"I don't know why don't you ask Guillem DeFangamere, whatever that guys name was"
"It's David Cage.."
"It's Ka-ge. David Ka-ge."

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So they just skipped right to the hostage situation. Didn't even gather any information. Haha. At least everyone I've watched play this so far has done it a bit different. Didn't even pick up the poor fish.

Hope they continue. Then I'll have four people playing it in my Subscriptions. All with different opinions and play styles. (SBF, Jesse Cox, ProJared. If the Beard Bros play it then I'll be complete.)

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I don't know if the BB will play Detroit since Jirard just had a Completionist episode on it.

Also, I kinda feel like this will be just 7 episodes, if that. Didn't seem like Arin was too into it or cared. But who knows.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I wonder why Matt and Ryan went off with the Game Grumps and didn't stay working with Markiplier.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't know if the BB will play Detroit since Jirard just had a Completionist episode on it.
I know he did. Sometimes he does episodes when he's planning on completing it on video. If anything they might do a stream. Or nothing at all. I haven't watched his video yet though. Does it have any spoilers? I'm waiting for the SBF to finish the game first.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
maybbe the grumps are better employers?
It seems like they are thriving under the GG umbrella.

I know he did. Sometimes he does episodes when he's planning on completing it on video. If anything they might do a stream. Or nothing at all. I haven't watched his video yet though. Does it have any spoilers? I'm waiting for the SBF to finish the game first.
I'm not sure if it's too spoilery. He doesn't go into the end-game stuff too much, but with a story heavy game like that a lot could be spoilers.

Also he did say that getting everything kinda burned him out doing it in a week. That's why I don't think he's gonna do it on Beard Bros.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm not sure if it's too spoilery. He doesn't go into the end-game stuff too much, but with a story heavy game like that a lot could be spoilers.

Also he did say that getting everything kinda burned him out doing it in a week. That's why I don't think he's gonna do it on Beard Bros.
Probably wouldn't make much sense anyway since you can't really "complete" it in one run I assume. Since there's many branching paths that have different outcomes. Question: When you play a second time does it remember and mark off what path you took the previous playthroughs? How do you exactly "complete" it?

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Probably wouldn't make much sense anyway since you can't really "complete" it in one run I assume. Since there's many branching paths that have different outcomes. Question: When you play a second time does it remember and mark off what path you took the previous playthroughs? How do you exactly "complete" it?
There's a flowchart that keeps track of what you've done. They showed it on the Grumps episode today. Jirard said there were like 55 possible endings.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
There's a flowchart that keeps track of what you've done. They showed it on the Grumps episode today. Jirard said there were like 55 possible endings.
No I mean does it keep track across game attempts? If you complete the game then start a new one does the flowchart for each subsequent game show you what you did in previous playthroughs? Or are you supposed to just remember what you did and didn't do before?

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No I mean does it keep track across game attempts? If you complete the game then start a new one does the flowchart for each subsequent game show you what you did in previous playthroughs? Or are you supposed to just remember what you did and didn't do before?

It'll keep track of it. What you did in a current playthrough will be highlighted, but it will show you the other scenarios.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching them play Wizard of Legend convinced me to buy it. Game looks fun.

I'm also playing a game called Icey on Switch that I think might be fun for them to play. It starts off as a pretty standard 2D hack and slash, but it has some fun extras if you choose not to follow directions. And we all know how good Arin is at following directions.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love that they're deconstructing Detroit

"If it's just the androids, why don't they just do everything at once with the transaction"

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just caught up with Detroit. I'd been debating whether or not to watch because I have it and I was going to play it, but I think I'm enjoying watching it more lol.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Why'd you kill him?"
giphy.gif

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
god that's exactly what happened

watching Arin play and it's like 'ARIN SAVE THE ROBOT INTERVENE WHAT ARE YOU DOING' and Dan is like 'Dude, step in' and Arin is like 'AAHHHHH'

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tbf I would've given up at that point too, but it was hilarious that THAT POINT was the part where ol' dude had to go nuclear lol

Yeah lol, I honestly thought he was going to blow up but grabbing the gun was like..wow.

Man, I hope they play through it. They seem so into it, and it's always fun to see them react to the things happening.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
watching Arin play and it's like 'ARIN SAVE THE ROBOT INTERVENE WHAT ARE YOU DOING' and Dan is like 'Dude, step in' and Arin is like 'AAHHHHH'
Yeah, I was like "Why would you give up now??" I wouldn't have intervened and then given up; that kind of half-measure at that moment seems like it could only have led to something bad, lol.

But every scene with that deviant I was distracted because I kept thinking about his character on Scandal lmao

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Detroit is actually a great game for this sort of playthrough. It is dynamic for both those who have played it and those who haven't, and the branching paths leave room for viewers to still have fun even after watching this.

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I love how flustered Arin gets in these types of games, so its hilarious to watch him miss things or mess up.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
That Power Hour was great.

Not going to watch the Detroit playthrough until I've played it myself. Glad to hear the playthrough is good.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not going to watch the Detroit playthrough until I've played it myself. Glad to hear the playthrough is good.
the playthrough is pretty dang fantastic. Seeing dan get super into it is alotta fun, heck seeing both of them be invested into it is pretty dang great. Alotta times they just talk about random things, but Detroit is one of the playthroughs where they pay attention to whats happening.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love the 10 Minute Power Hour.

Matt looked like he was ready to spit mad bars about being biracial and spreading peace, love, & positivity.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
aw man(detroit small spoilers)
they didn't get the chase sequence, but man that flowchart at the end! holy shit!

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

Detroit playthroughs are this years Undertale for me. Everyone plays differently so it's fun to watch multiple people at once. Best Friends are really thorough and accepting of their choices, Jesse Cox is very curious and thinks things through and ProJared is having a lot of fun even though its not his biggest money maker series. And then there's Arin. lol

Each one is different and I love it.

For instance, the Best Friends went up to the roof before talking to the Androids in the kitchen at the TV station only to find they ended it with the chase and death of the Jericho member they left behind and got sad, contemplating restarting before deciding to live with their choices, whereas Jared went into the kitchen and didn't touch the roof. Each one gave a different ending to the scene. As it turns out that's how it goes.
Though in Jared's playthrough, he didn't leave anyone behind and all four escape because he shot the human. Best Friends left the one guy behind for Connor to find but didn't shoot the human.

Edit: Oh.. Oh.. this Power Hour is amazing so far, and it just started. Kmart.

Last edited:

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying the Detroit playthrough. I bought the game, but I got to the end of Kara's first chapter and was just like, "Man, I don't actually want to play a depressing game." I platinumed Heavy Rain, which involved getting all the endings, and I got most of the bad endings in one stretch one day while I was home sick. And after watching that much death and misery in one day, I was pretty messed up.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
You guys are making it hard to not just go ahead and watch it lol.

Also, I can't believe they stopped Dark Souls for Gal Gun. T_T

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Gal Gun is so boring to watch.

Also the Detroit playthrough is making me want to get the game. Especially knowing I can probably go through a different path. But at the same time, I don't know how much I'll end up playing it.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
You guys are making it hard to not just go ahead and watch it lol.

Gal Gun is so boring to watch.

Also the Detroit playthrough is making me want to get the game. Especially knowing I can probably go through a different path. But at the same time, I don't know how much I'll end up playing it.
Honestly I would recommend watching/playing it. Quality of the game's writing notwithstanding, there's enough choices that you'll get your own experience of the game that won't be the same as GG's...unless you're copy/pasting their exact routes of course.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Honestly I would recommend watching/playing it. Quality of the game's writing notwithstanding, there's enough choices that you'll get your own experience of the game that won't be the same as GG's...unless you're copy/pasting their exact routes of course.
I'll probably get it later. Hopefully by then I'll probably forgot what happened in the Grumps playthrough.

Also, looks like they have an episode of Radical Heights up right now.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
They switch off all the time. They usually film 7 episodes or so at a time. Also Arin went to Japan so they probably had Gal Gun saved up for when he left to replace Dark Souls.
Yeah, I was thinking maybe it's that. Just got a bit worried. It also seems they filmed a lot of episodes of different games while they were jetlagged lol

Yeah, I might end up watching it depending on whether I can get Detroit sooner rather than later.

Anyway, Radical Heights seems like it could be a fun watch. I love Arin tweeting out telling people to get on and then he gets some people replying "what is that?" XD

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the detroit playthrough is too enjoyable, I hope they go through it all. It seems to be pretty popular thankfully?

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving that he's playing it differently from everyone else. If you want a good play through there are other choices. I mentioned them above.
I like the episodes but Iget frustrated when he gets stuck. The game teaches you in the intro to scan when you enter a new space for points of interest but since they skipped most of the intro they missed that and rarely do this.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I like the episodes but Iget frustrated when he gets stuck. The game teaches you in the intro to scan when you enter a new space for points of interest but since they skipped most of the intro they missed that and rarely do this.
Yeah, I knew what I was in for the moment they skipped saving the fish. And then ignored the tutorial message to make jokes.

But I'm not watching theirs for completion. That's why I watch the Best Friends, Jesse Cox and ProJared.