• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Game Grumps Community |OT| No Longer Accepting D-Club Applications

This is my favourite thing they've played in a while. I'm guessing the image quality wasn't this good back on the Sega CD, though? lol
Haven't opened my copy but if it's anything like every single other SegaCD FMV game I have and have popped in my console, yeah, it's not gonna be that good quality. This version looks great though. It's neat that they still have all the raw footage to remaster it with. Because you wouldn't get anything useful off a SegaCD game. (Super low resolution 16 color low frame rate video files ain't gonna upscale that well.)

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good for people who like collectibles, but man I don't know how anybody can collect all of these toys without going insane. They're always making new shit and you need space for them.
For as much as I said earlier that I wanted them, this is why I ultimately didn't bite. Also, I realized I'd be sad if I didn't get ones that I wanted, and then I'd want to buy more and more, and it's $25 for three pins.

That's a rabbit hole I don't need to go down.

Oct 25, 2017
For as much as I said earlier that I wanted them, this is why I ultimately didn't bite. Also, I realized I'd be sad if I didn't get ones that I wanted, and then I'd want to buy more and more, and it's $25 for three pins.

That's a rabbit hole I don't need to go down.
Lootboxes really did find the correct approach to just push folks to buy more. Copy the trading card game booster pack model lmao.

Selina

Art Angel
Administrator
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't opened my copy but if it's anything like every single other SegaCD FMV game I have and have popped in my console, yeah, it's not gonna be that good quality. This version looks great though. It's neat that they still have all the raw footage to remaster it with. Because you wouldn't get anything useful off a SegaCD game. (Super low resolution 16 color low frame rate video files ain't gonna upscale that well.)
It's making me want to get the PS4 version, along with Night Trap. I'm up for some goofy fun.

It's making me want to get the PS4 version, along with Night Trap. I'm up for some goofy fun.
I don’t really get into nor understand how to wrap my head around these FMV multiple security camera games. Especially Five Nights at Freddy’s which is basically the same thing except without the FMV. (Though it’d be a lot more interesting to watch if it did have FMV.)

Selina

Art Angel
Administrator
Oct 28, 2017
I don’t really get into nor understand how to wrap my head around these FMV multiple security camera games. Especially Five Nights at Freddy’s which is basically the same thing except without the FMV. (Though it’d be a lot more interesting to watch if it did have FMV.)
I just don't understand how people beat them without a guide, like Dan said lol

Trial and Error. I was surprised Dan said that since he's used to the text parser versions of Sierra games that were pure trial and error.

BTW I want to add that Dan playing old Sierra games alone is pure sleep fodder. It's like whale song on how relaxing it is.

I am so goddamn invested in them finishing Double Switch now.

Honestly, if they could play old Sega CD FMV games forever, I would be totally happy.
If companies keep porting those old games to modern consoles then we'll be set. It's so weird that this is a genre that has somehow made a "comeback" over 20 years later when for all intents and purposes it should have (rightly) been left to the sands of time to be forgotten forever.

I guess as long as the original video sources still exist we'll keep getting them from time to time.

Where's my HD port of INXS Make My Video, people!? (Yes I also own that one in box. No it's not still sealed. And yes, I have tested it.)