• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Game Grumps Community |OT| No Longer Accepting D-Club Applications

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I wish they'd space out these "guest" episodes a bit. Three in a row is much. I like Arin's solo plays or when Matt and Ryan join him for stuff, like the Runescape episodes.

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I just don't like how their thumbnails have become a jumbled mess now. They used to be standardized and recognizable. You'd be able to glance and tell what episode was what game or if it was a gameplay or an animation or a compilation or whatever else. Now it's all a complete mess and I can't tell what's an actual episode anymore.

Nov 12, 2017
So glad Sonic Adventure 2 is back. The fanfic readings are fucking hilarious.

I hope they space out the readings a bit though, I love when they react to the insanity happening in the actual game.

Oct 25, 2017
Tryforce is out in the usual musical places. Giving my first listen right now, little too early to say whether it'll be a regular listen...

(edit) Whelp... that's 2 good songs, one okay song and the rest are... umm... I feel bad cause you can tell a ton of effort went into this, but compared to the first two star bombs, I just don't see myself putting this into rotation.

Last edited:

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tryforce is out in the usual musical places. Giving my first listen right now, little too early to say whether it'll be a regular listen...

(edit) Whelp... that's 2 good songs, one okay song and the rest are... umm... I feel bad cause you can tell a ton of effort went into this, but compared to the first two star bombs, I just don't see myself putting this into rotation.
I haven't listened to it, but that's pretty much how I feel about every Starbomb album. There are a couple of really good songs... and then the rest of the album.

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly liked the album. "Vegeta's Serenade" was surprisingly good.
Definitely my favorite. This Song Sucks is a close second, and Simple Plot part 3 was okay. Kind of annoyed at the Dream Daddy advertisement in the middle of my CD. Bought the game, it's a good game... but it's literally just an ad in the middle of my comedy CD, and the skit for it isn't even funny to make up for the fact that it's an ad in the middle of my CD.

Like I'm actually a little legit angry at the fact that they dropped an ad for another product of theirs in the middle of the CD (literally track 6 of 14).

I guess A Wild Guitar Solo appears is pretty good, it's not particularly funny, but the actual music played by TWRP is legit enjoyable.

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Definitely my favorite. This Song Sucks is a close second, and Simple Plot part 3 was okay. Kind of annoyed at the Dream Daddy advertisement in the middle of my CD. Bought the game, it's a good game... but it's literally just an ad in the middle of my comedy CD, and the skit for it isn't even funny to make up for the fact that it's an ad in the middle of my CD.

Like I'm actually a little legit angry at the fact that they dropped an ad for another product of theirs in the middle of the CD (literally track 6 of 14).

I guess A Wild Guitar Solo appears is pretty good, it's not particularly funny, but the actual music played by TWRP is legit enjoyable.
"A Wild Guitar Solo" and "Filling in the Name of' were both great, instrumentally. The Dream Daddy thing is okay, but as an album skit doesn't really lend itself to repeat listens.

I do wonder if this is going to be the final Starbomb album though.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm mostly satisfied with the album, and I feel like it may be the most "balanced" of the three (first one has a bit much on "lol, dicks and fucking and drugs and killing in videogames" jokes, which leads to the weakest tracks like the Animal Crossing and Kirby ones, while two had like 3 songs that were just silly lists with the God of War, Transformers, and Pokemon ones. Whereas nothing immediately jumped out to me with this one in that respect.)

That said... how in the fuck do you mess up enough to do "The Simple Plot of Kingdom Hearts" and only focus on the first game?! Like, that should've been a gimme for them, but they fucked up hard conceptually there focusing on, y'know, the one game in the series where the plot is just generic JRPG stuff with Disney mixed in, as opposed to the continually ramping convolution of the games the followed. Like all they had to do was start with a quick KH I and be all "okay, that's a little weird, but I can work with that", maybe a throwaway line referencing how Sora doesn't remember CoM, spend the bulk of the song on II's weirder points, end on a breakdown throwing out random crap from the rest of the series that is just off the walls. Man, that one just made me a bit bummed there.