• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched Game Grumps in years but 10 Minute Power Hour got me back into it, that Easy Bake Oven episode was hilariously disgusting

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Is this suppose to be like Mario Party?
The Wii generation was completely full of shovel ware that consisted of pretty much 90% waggle party games. Companies would follow the trends and just throw together cheap licensed shit to make a quick buck. Like Garfield would have worked well as a platformer, like the original NES game was. But no, the Wii generation trend wasn't platformers. It was waggling party games. Like I literally only have one third party Wii game. No More Heroes. And my Wii U library is exclusively first and second party games based on Nintendo properties. This doesn't count indie games of course.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The latest Skyward Sword episode seemed very familiar, then I realised it's the episode they accidentally uploaded 3 weeks ago lol.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Thank you, I forgot all about that and it was bugging me why I felt they had this conversation about Twilight Princess already. Or Toilet Princess, I mean.
Yeah, the Toilet Princess bit is what made me go "huh?" I thought they were just repeating the joke from an old episode, since they have been known to repeat jokes haha.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited for this you don't even know!(Figure it's related to game grumps, so hopefully ok to post this~)

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I feel so bad for danny when that episode of doki doki happens. He sounds so upset

That's honestly the part where I usually quit watching. It's one of my favorite playthroughs right up until the first twist, but after that I feel like it goes downhill.

The game gets pretty freaky and the guys' comments largely aren't funny enough to make it worth it. Also, Danny's spirit by the end is just completely broken, and not in a funny way.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I guess Trivia Boy wasn't caring about the Jon era when he asked the "missed an episode" question because they missed a LOT of days back then. It wasn't until Danny came along and GG2.0 premiered that they had a proper schedule allegedly managed by Suzy.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Trivia Boy wasn't caring about the Jon era when he asked the "missed an episode" question because they missed a LOT of days back then. It wasn't until Danny came along and GG2.0 premiered that they had a proper schedule allegedly managed by Suzy.

tbf it seems they got their stuff together after jon left in terms of...everything.

coincidence? maybe

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I thought it was eventually revealed that Jon left because Arin was going to double down and make it a serious business, and Jon didn't want Grumps to become his main thing.

oh yeah, I remember that. Maaan. iirc jon just wanted to keep it a side thing because he was busy on his own videos(which took forever to come out anyways).

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
tbf it seems they got their stuff together after jon left in terms of...everything.

coincidence? maybe

Well I thought it was eventually revealed that Jon left because Arin was going to double down and make it a serious business, and Jon didn't want Grumps to become his main thing.

oh yeah, I remember that. Maaan. iirc jon just wanted to keep it a side thing because he was busy on his own videos(which took forever to come out anyways).
Yeah I assumed they were talking about GG as a legit business which didn't start until Danny came and Jon left, but they also asked questions from when Jon was still there, didn't they? The one about when it was started? July 2012 was Jon, June 2013 was Danny. Which is why I was confused because they definitely missed a LOT of episodes during the Jon days before Suzy came along and organized things. Like there would be days where nothing was uploaded and before it they only did one a day. So when they went full time and got a proper schedule I was totally on board even though Jon was gone. Danny totally won me over during the early episodes with his love of SMB2 and how much of a contrast he was. While others were complaining about conspiracy, I was just enjoying the fun of someone who actually liked playing the games. Plus since then a lot of other similar LPers have come into my life and I'm super happy.

I like how the other day Danny joked that he was gonna leave the show right before Skyward Sword ends so it becomes the next Sonic 2006 with fans begging him to come back to finish it. I'm glad they can joke about that era now.

Also, Jon isn't even on GG and has nothing else going on and it STILL takes him extremely long amounts of time to put videos up. (I only really know because I think I never bothered to unsubscribe on YouTube just out of curiosity's sake and I follow his Reddit for the lulz of every post either being about Flex Tape or how many decades its been since he uploaded.) So GG was definitely not hurting his output that badly. He's hurting it himself. Even before his racism stuff he wasn't uploading much except that Star Wars games stuff that ended with a cameo from Arin signifying the mending of their friendship. Since then it's been a trickle. Which is weird because after he did leave before the stuff in 2017, he had gotten an expensive studio setup to film in like he was going big time, then nothing. Oh well. After the Hat in Time thing he's probably given up or is laying low until he can pop up unexpectedly like Louie C.K. for a day.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Today's episode of Monopoly was fucking great. Dan had his Wheel of Fortune luck again.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Have you guys seen that they are doing Dream Daddy comics? I will absolutely be getting them. The characters were just so amazing.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When your timing is right, I shall join my voice with your harp.

AAAaaaaaAAAaaAAAaAA

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Yes, that's the one by the Sizzler, bro!"
"There's a Sizzler there?"
"Hell yeah, there's a Sizzler there."
"Have you been there?"
"Hell no, it's a Sizzler."

That killed me for some reason, as did pausing the episode only to return to this lady
A96F1EC7FB981EF2FC78B646379E784B1DA5E70D

oh my god the botched trade in Monopoly
4tCIK.gif

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monopoly continues to be a joy

I was at first down at the idea that they were doing monopoly again but

this is great

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Oh god. Arin was so mad at the Monopoly Finale. I think I'd be okay if they did another rematch next month, or something.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I watched a Shovel Knight compilation last night and I forgot how amazing the Co-op playthrough was.

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Okami livestream on their channel right now - people are donating like crazy

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tuned in late to the livestream but it was fun. I don't know if Okami was the best choice, they seemed kind of disinterested but maybe after a hours of playing they were tired.

I liked they talked about the show, addressing even some things that's been talked about here (eventually finishing some Zeldas, Detroit is a must finish also it seems) . Live streams fit the format really well for them and the interactions is nice.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking dying

"What's a sister country to Louisiana?"
"A sister country to the city of Louisiana? I mean the fucking state of Louisiana!"

I played that over like 5 times

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Which obscure Catfishing answers did you guys know? I definitely knew Akhenaten just by 'Atenism'. I was also kinda right with Cervantes, but I was definitely picturing someone else...
fVb06yY.jpg

Arin "the Warrior" Hanson blew a 3-1 lead

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Weird how they mainly drew from just the Power Hour stuff and barely featured them doing any actual gaming. No Starbomb mention either.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Which obscure Catfishing answers did you guys know? I definitely knew Akhenaten just by 'Atenism'. I was also kinda right with Cervantes, but I was definitely picturing someone else...
fVb06yY.jpg

Arin "the Warrior" Hanson blew a 3-1 lead
I don't think I got any of them. They were all really obscure, at least for me.

Also, Zelda, come back! :(

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love these VS eps where Arin doesn't understand football and Dan doesn't understand video games