• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Who all has been tuning into the livestreams? I tend to catch them later then aired but they are so fun.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
They always happen in the middle of the day while I'm at work so I can never see them. Then the streams themselves are so long that it would take up my entire night before I have to go to bed afterwards lol. I caught bits and pieces of the Skyward Sword stream, so maybe I'll give the other ones a shot on my day off.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
During the week I can catch them, just have it in the background at work and pause when I need to even if it takes an extra day.

Weekends are tougher because I'm not at a computer as much and it's harder to set aside a couple of hours just for that. I usually have to wait until I have literally nothing else to do to catch up on those. Thankfully work is slow right now.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Are they good? I've tried to watch a few, but the audio always seems way lower than a regular episode.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
The streams are great. They're a wonderful way to finish off long games without dragging them out into a hundred episodes so they can put more smaller episodes of other games up but still satisfy the fans of the longer games that wouldn't get any resolution otherwise.

Also, that fucking scream yesterday. Holy shit. They need to play with SuperMega a lot more often. We need another Mario Party play through remach with them.

Also, what exactly is this NES Zelda thing anyway? Is it just a version of the game that has a save file with a bunch of items and stuff? Is it random or is it fixed?

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The streams are great. They're a wonderful way to finish off long games without dragging them out into a hundred episodes so they can put more smaller episodes of other games up but still satisfy the fans of the longer games that wouldn't get any resolution otherwise.

Also, that fucking scream yesterday. Holy shit. They need to play with SuperMega a lot more often. We need another Mario Party play through remach with them.

Also, what exactly is this NES Zelda thing anyway? Is it just a version of the game that has a save file with a bunch of items and stuff? Is it random or is it fixed?

I think it was a rerelease that Zelda kinda did on the Switch, with the intention of letting the younger generation play the game without having to deal with alot of the hard stuff like collecting keys and what not?

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they good? I've tried to watch a few, but the audio always seems way lower than a regular episode.

It can be lower, but I put on headphones to help out.

The Detroit playthrough is fantastic, at least finish that one if you haven't started that series.

I only watch the streams with Arin and Dan, though. I know they do others with other GG folks but my prerequisite is it has to have both of them.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'll check out the Detroit one. I was enjoying their play through of it when they came out.

How are the Skyward Sword ones?

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I only watch the streams with Arin and Dan, though. I know they do others with other GG folks but my prerequisite is it has to have both of them.
I dunno. The one with Arin and friends playing Mario Party was fun.

I'll check out the Detroit one. I was enjoying their play through of it when they came out.

How are the Skyward Sword ones?
They've only done one Skyward Sword stream so far and it was wonderful. They've done a bunch of Detroit though. Also it's hard to figure out where all their streams are on their videos list. I'm afraid I'll miss one. Thankfully they're labeling them more properly now but they used to just label them vaguely "lo-fi radio" with no game mentioned and some with no thumbnail representing the game.

The most recent is Skyward Sword. They won't be doing anymore streams until after Thanksgiving and will probably continue it when they do. I'm hoping to finish the game myself before they get to that point though. I'm still on the boss of the Fire Sanctuary like right before the final portion of the game. I've avoided spoilers for years. It's just such a slog to get through. The controls are fucking horrible and we were dumb to think this was the future of gaming. 1:1 sword swinging sounds good on paper but is shit in practice. The game should have had an option for a normal sword button. But I digress.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, like Detroit they'll finish with livestreams. Just think of it as really long episodes (a good chunk you can fastforward though when they spend 10 minutes thanking donations if they stop the game)

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I love how these guys are a lovable bunch of dorks.

Dr6E1GqU0AA3953.jpg:large

Dr6FE_uVsAA5Y9j.jpg

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Oh my god, look at his eyes!"
"It's the black cat!"
24glr5K.gif

And just like that I'm invested lmao

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
did they just upload 2 zelda episodes in a row?
GameGrumps7 hours ago
Greetings gamers. You're probably like "what the heck happened to yesterday's episode and why are there two episodes of Zelda today". Simple answer is that there was a mix up with the recordings and labeling of my own files and I straight up GOOFED. It's all fixed now, and I apologize for the confusion! It's not the fault of anyone else at Game Grumps but my own, and I hope you still enjoy the episodes! Thanks for understanding! Love, Matt (editor-in-chief)

Yesterday's episode was way 2 episodes ahead of where they were.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GameGrumps7 hours ago
Greetings gamers. You're probably like "what the heck happened to yesterday's episode and why are there two episodes of Zelda today". Simple answer is that there was a mix up with the recordings and labeling of my own files and I straight up GOOFED. It's all fixed now, and I apologize for the confusion! It's not the fault of anyone else at Game Grumps but my own, and I hope you still enjoy the episodes! Thanks for understanding! Love, Matt (editor-in-chief)

Yesterday's episode was way 2 episodes ahead of where they were.

oooh yeah. Because in the 6th episode it was like 'You need to hit gohmas eye' and I was thinking 'Wait...they already beat him yesterday..'

._.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
The audio on Yoshi's Island is completely wrong. Like it's pitched up. It's off-putting. It's also stuttering like an emulator or something. How could they not own the game? Arin said he used to use it to test out CRTs.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
During their "lolrandom" bit from the Monopoly episodes, they mentioned "Bacon Grumps" but I thought they said "Bakin' Grumps" and wanted a cooking show with Arin and Dan.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I feel like they've already played through Yoshi's Island, but maybe I'm misremembering and it was some other YouTuber I watch.

The audio on Yoshi's Island is completely wrong. Like it's pitched up. It's off-putting. It's also stuttering like an emulator or something. How could they not own the game? Arin said he used to use it to test out CRTs.
I thought they would have just played it on the SNES Mini. I'm sure they have one in the studio.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yeah the stuttering is noticeable..the heck?
Arin didn't even mention it which makes me wonder if it's part of the video itself and not the game. Haven't seen any reply from the Twitter account either. Only a few people have mentioned it on Reddit. Some saying it's because of Nintendo's copyright police but they play pretty much nothing but Nintendo games and never get flagged. And if they did it on purpose they surely would have mentioned it and explained.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yeah, that's what it is. I see it was all the way back in 2012.

Also, I didn't notice any stuttering, I'll have to go back and take another look.
I remember Jon playing it with him. But he's with Danny now who is more likely to enjoy the games he's playing as much as he does. Jon was always contrarian and made them stop a lot. Arin loves this game and Danny has never seen it and is intrigued. So they'll hopefully play for a while. It's not a super long game. It's pretty finite. Only like 48 main levels.

I'm glad they're playing again but the audio pitch is so noticeable. If they make it passed 6/7 episodes I'm sure they'll acknowledge it once they see all the feedback. There is definitely stuttering in the first episode as if it's an emulator on a slow computer. Which is weird and why I want them to acknowledge it because it's weird that they would use an emulator for the game when Arin most likely owns at least one copy on SNES and I'm pretty sure he also has a SNES Classic (I mean he has every Amiibo on display. There's no way he doesn't own both Classics.)

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I remember Jon playing it with him. But he's with Danny now who is more likely to enjoy the games he's playing as much as he does. Jon was always contrarian and made them stop a lot. Arin loves this game and Danny has never seen it and is intrigued. So they'll hopefully play for a while. It's not a super long game. It's pretty finite. Only like 48 main levels.

I'm glad they're playing again but the audio pitch is so noticeable. If they make it passed 6/7 episodes I'm sure they'll acknowledge it once they see all the feedback. There is definitely stuttering in the first episode as if it's an emulator on a slow computer. Which is weird and why I want them to acknowledge it because it's weird that they would use an emulator for the game when Arin most likely owns at least one copy on SNES and I'm pretty sure he also has a SNES Classic (I mean he has every Amiibo on display. There's no way he doesn't own both Classics.)
Yeah, it's been a pretty chill playthrough so far, so I'm loving it. Always nice to see Arin play a game he actually likes. Also I notice the stuttering now, it really is quite bad. It is strange if they are playing it on some flimsy emulator. It could be an issue with the capture card not working with the game properly though, but who knows. Hopefully they address it soon.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it could be with the capture card. They did mention that they spent an hour on the main screen before they started recording in episode 1, so I wonder if it was them trying to solve the issues on their end?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Yeah it could be with the capture card. They did mention that they spent an hour on the main screen before they started recording in episode 1, so I wonder if it was them trying to solve the issues on their end?

Maybe. I'm sure if they continue passed episode 7 it'll be addressed as I said.
It's been revealed on today's episode of Yoshi's Island that they are using a Retro Freak, and it does look like they are having some issues with it.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been revealed on today's episode of Yoshi's Island that they are using a Retro Freak, and it does look like they are having some issues with it.

And my god it's revealed in a way that only the Game Grumps could reveal, by the console thinking the cartridge has been ejected in the beginning of the video.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My work has become an absolute bore and will continue to be for the next month or so until we head to the field, so I've been using this chance to binge grumps in the background of my phone (mainly audio since its an option to have screen off) and catch up with different series.

Finished off Paper Mario TTYD. I was glad they finally finished it. I loved how mad people were getting with them playing it 'wrong'. It's a staple of Grumps that they fuck up something.

Hell I finally got the chance to watch their Bloodborne run, and when they forget to
consume the umbilical cords for the true ending
and you just hear Danny's silent anger I was cackling. And that's considering Arin for the most part was doing decently throughout the whole series to do such a screw up.

Still have a lot of major series of theirs to watch. I wish I could erase my memories of their Doki Doki run since it's such a great Grumps series and I could watch it fresh again.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list of the longer series out there? I figured I'd go through all of the long series first but they don't seem to have a Playlist for everything in their channel.