• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
R089sZ4.png

XH3hieH.png

This is a series starring everyone's favorite game critiquer and sellout artist Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson with his best-est buddy that he doesn't have sex with
for nooooow
Danny "Sexbang" Avidan. They play video games to give you the yucks and chuckles, and everyone is happy until they drop a game that people enjoy like Earthbound or something! Occasionally some other jerk named Ross O'Donovan will show up too I guess.

also they had a guy named "john" or something on their show, idon'tfuckinknow

WQQxzXF.png

Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson - Arnold is an animator hailing from the primordial internet ooze known as Newgrounds, and originally became internet famous for his animated shorts based on video game humor, such as the Awesome series. He is now a prolific actor, lending his voice to cartoons such as Cartoon Network's Mighty Magiswords and Adult Swim's Rick and Morty, and most recently starring in Dan Harmon's live-action YouTube Red series Good Game. He is also a part of the band Starbomb alongside Dan and Brian of Ninja Sex Party.

DtyU6Ax.png

Leigh Daniel "Danny Sexbang" Avidan - Danny is a singer/musician and member of the comedy duo/kickass band Ninja Sex Party. Together with bandmate Ninja Brian, Donny is known for such hits as Road Trip, Attitude City, 6969, No Reason Boner, and Dinosaur Laser Fight. They also do really great cover songs and have a second cover album coming soon tomorrow. But uh, Game Grumps. Denny joined the show in 2013 due to the unexpected departure of the previous host, but he's been a beloved member ever since. He also co-starred with Arin in Good Game.

E7D97dw.png

Currently they're in the middle of playing: Mario Odyssey? Holy shit!

If you're new to the Game Grumps and wanna watch some of their earlier stuff, here's a list of series that I personally recommend (in no order), with favorites bolded:

Recommended Series/Episodes to Watch
- Super Mario Maker (simply too huge of a playlist to link)
- Mickey Mousecapade
- Shadow of the Colossus

- King's Quest V
- LoZ: Breath of the Wild
- LoZ: Wind Waker
- Battle Kid
- LoZ 2: Adventure of Link
- Bloodborne
- Grump's Dream Course
- Mega Man X (ARIN SOLO PLAYTHROUGH)
(Also the playlist doesn't include all the episodes he did but it's still really really good)
- Miitopia

This is by no means a definitive list, just my own recommendations. Other series that are highly recommended by fans include:

- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and Punch Out!! for Wii
- Heart of Darkness
- Katamari Damacy, We Love Katamari, and Katamari Forever
- Kirby's Epic Yarn
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
- Super Mario 64 (and the Green Demon Challenge)
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Super Mario 3D World
- Super Mario Galaxy

alsohere'sthetitlereference

5AiO2vJ.jpg

EDIT: VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO TheOGB for the pretty graphics, additional Grump info, and the additional playlists!

Last edited:

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ayyyyy! I was just wondering if I was going to have to do the Grumps thread myself! Thanks, Professor!

I really loved the recent Chuck E Cheese series. The whole, "I am FriendDog" bit seriously cracks me up.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Bump now that I'm awake (but at work). I'll try and keep the op updated with the main series they're playing. One more series that I recommend, especially for Halloween, is REmake. Arin does a good job going through it.
Ayyyyy! I was just wondering if I was going to have to do the Grumps thread myself! Thanks, Professor!

I really loved the recent Chuck E Cheese series. The whole, "I am FriendDog" bit seriously cracks me up.
Nice to see ya, Retro! Glad you made it over!

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Oh hell yes. I was literally just about to ask Twitter if there was any interest in a Grump OT.

Edit: Can I make a suggestion? Add Super Mario 3D World to the list of great series. It's fucking delightful to watch Danny screw Arin over whenever he can. I wish Odyssey was a two player because we really need another series like that.

Last edited:

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, guess I was too slow making my OP (probably because I linked everything I could think of :V). Well, I've got a bunch of banners you can use if you want, Beef.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Updating with the OP. This could be a more comprehensive recommendations list that we add suggestions to, so the OP isn't too long or cluttered.

Series:
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (and the No Touch Challenge)
- Battle Kid
- Zelda: ALttP
- Zelda: ALBW
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- Zelda: Wind Waker HD
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Out of This World
- Katamari Damacy, We Love Katamari, and Katamari Forever
- Super Mario Maker
- Shovel Knight (and co-op, and Spectre of Torment)
- Sonic Adventure DX
- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
- Sonic and the Black Knight
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Bloodborne
- Dark Souls 3
- Dead Rising 2
- Inside
- The Last Guardian
- The Legend of Zelda CDi games (Wand of Gamelon, Faces of Evil, Zelda's Adventure)
- Devil's Third
- Everything
- Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude

Solo Playthroughs:
- Mega Man X (Arin)
- Chrono Trigger (Arin)
- Space Quest III (Dan)
- Space Quest I (Dan)

Game Grumps VS:
- Kirby Dream Course / Grumps Dream Course fan mod
- Wheel of Fortune
- Hollywood Squares (the first time, and especially the second time)
- Ice Hockey (Part 1 and Part 2)
- Acton Girlz Racing
- M&Ms Beach Party
- Ribbit King
- Gundam Assault Battle 2
- The Wacky World of Mini Golf
- Checkers
- Chinese Checkers
- Battle Chess

One-Offs:
- Mickey Mousecapades
- Amazing Frog?
- P.T.
- Dennis the Menace
- Skate or Die 2
- B.O.B.
- Skitchin' (technically a two-off)
- Super Troll Island
- Fuck Mr. Hatcher

Holiday Playthroughs:
- Ghoul Grumps (especially Dead Rising and Resident Evil)
- Jingle Grumps (Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Nancy Drew, Christmas Adventure Candy Storm)

Guest Grumps:
- Jacob Anderson (Wheel of Fortune, Game of Thrones and Mario Kart, Shamu's Deep Sea Adventure)
- Steve-O (MadWorld)
- Dan Harmon (Cat in the Hat)
- Finn Wolfhard (Wheel of Fortune, Crash Tag Team Racing)
- Rob and Patricia Schneider (Mortal Kombat)
- Brent Weinbach (Time Lord)

Steam Train:
- King's Quest V, KQVI, and KQ 2015
- Space Quest IV
- Leisure Suit Larry and LSL6
- The Stanley Parable
- Undertale
- FTL
- Amazing World
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
- Human Fall Flat
- Sonic Dreams Collection

Grumpcade:
- Spider-Man 3 The Game feat. Woolie and Matt McMuscles of Super Best Friends
- Pepsiman feat. Ross and Jimmy Whetzel
- Simpsons Hit and Run feat. Arin and OneyPlays (Chris "Oney" O'Neill, Ding Dong, Julian)
- Miitopia feat. Ross, Holly, Jimmy, and Matt

Last edited:

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Wheel of Fortune deserves a mention too. Seriously the hardest I remember ever laughing at a Grumps episode (though Obama preeing on Grump's Dream Course is up there)
Haven't been keeping up much with them lately, unfortunately. Partly because they've been playing some games I don't want to be spoiled, and partly because I've been losing interest. Are any of their recent series worth checking out? (besides Mario 3)

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Oh hell yes. I was literally just about to ask Twitter if there was any interest in a Grump OT.

Edit: Can I make a suggestion? Add Super Mario 3D World to the list of great series. It's fucking delightful to watch Danny screw Arin over whenever he can. I wish Odyssey was a two player because we really need another series like that.
I mean those are just my personal preferences, but I'll add it when I leave work :V
Lmao, guess I was too slow making my OP (probably because I linked everything I could think of :V). Well, I've got a bunch of banners you can use if you want, Beef.
I'd be happy to use them! Again, once I'm off of work.
Wheel of Fortune deserves a mention too. Seriously the hardest I remember ever laughing at a Grumps episode (though Obama preeing on Grump's Dream Course is up there)
Haven't been keeping up much with them lately, unfortunately. Partly because they've been playing some games I don't want to be spoiled, and partly because I've been losing interest. Are any of their recent series worth checking out? (besides Mario 3)
Leisure Suit Larry, Contra 3, and Sonic Unleashed have all been fantastic and are all recent

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is TEW2 playthrough? I plan to play that myself eventually so I'm not watching it yet, but we all know how hilariously scared Danny is of spooky things so I bet it's pretty great.

EasyRoad

Oct 25, 2017
Yay Game Grumps thread!

Can't wait for more Cuphead, it's perfect. Need more CuphArin and MugDan

Also: finish Paper Mario!

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Double post but fuck it (huehuehue)

Edited the OP to include a lot more of the things TheOGB was working on. I'm playing it safe on adding everything because I'm not sure how huge OPs can be.

Tomita

Oct 25, 2017
Their recent Tungulus vid was pretty good. I also enjoyed the killer robot jokes in the Chuck E Cheese ones.

I just watch a video here and there, especially when I feeling down, so I'm glad for some of those recommended links! RIBBIT KING <3

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't sleep. Thinking about the Tungulus.

One of the top comments cracked me up
Flame of Udun "Tungulus my bungulus, daddy"

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Shame I can't watch their TEW2 playthrough, as I haven't played it yet. Same goes for Cuphead.

Been enjoying Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, though.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
I would be completely fine with it if they just decided to keep doing one off's of shitty steam games for a while longer.

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
thank god was looking for this and afraid we didn't make the switch. Here's to many more years of grumpin'

Fun fact: I am friends with Ethan Monte, who sent the grumps Wheel of Fortune, responsible for that amazing episode. I had actually sent them some games in that same package that they never played.

Last edited:

Bashful Trey

Oct 27, 2017
Houston TX
I haven't kept up with the Grumps in a couple of years! Started feeling a little more forced and less natural, which I can understand when you have to be in go-mode every time you record. That said, that means I probably have 2 years of gold to catch up on!! Can't wait to comb through the OT and find some new favorites.

(Btw, I don't mean "forced" to be an insult. Tons of people love their stuff and just because the feeling of "effort" strikes me, it is likely not the case for most everyone. It coincided with a lot of other departures for me as I got the same vibe from Rooster Teeth, whom I also still love but don't kee up with. Fingers crossed that this is my return to the community!)