• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Game Informer | Exclusive Gameplay From Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice's Hirata Estates

Dec 11, 2018
The games animation is so smooth and beautiful! Already pre-ordered. Can’t wait to see how it plays and looks on the X

Oct 28, 2017
Looks absolutely phenomenal.

I don't think there's anyway I'll enjoy it more than Bloodborne, but getting mentioned in the same sentence is praise enough.

Oct 29, 2017
Swimming is not something I thought we'd get, so that's really cool.

Also... Butterfly Hag? That doesn't sound like a boss we've seen yet, unless it's a very unfitting name for the old woman ninja who fights on wires.

Oct 27, 2017
That night stage hnng! Traversal looks amazing and holy fuck i didn't know you can swim! What are you doing Lord Miyazaki?
My hype is reaching critical levels.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Swimming is not something I thought we'd get, so that's really cool.

Also... Butterfly Hag? That doesn't sound like a boss we've seen yet, unless it's a very unfitting name for the old woman ninja who fights on wires.
Apparently her official name is Lady Butterfly, but it could still change. Butterfly hag was the name on the dev build that they played

Sep 7, 2018
Is that the title theme playing in the background? It sounds like Kitamura.

Awesome if she's lead composer again.
On the GI Show they said it was the same person that did Dark Souls 3, which doesn't help cause both Motoi Sakuraba and Kitamura worked on DS3

Jan 10, 2019
England
I've played every SoulsBorne game and completed none haha, but this one is looking so sweet! even though BloodBorne was smoother than past Souls games this game looks like butter, Got it preordered for day 1 so hoping i can actually complete a game on my 6th attempt...

Oct 27, 2017
On the GI Show they said it was the same person that did Dark Souls 3, which doesn't help cause both Motoi Sakuraba and Kitamura worked on DS3
It is Kitamura then. Sakuraba was brought in by Bandai, but he was mostly phased out for DS3 (Kitamura and Saitoh are From's in-house composers).

The music we've heard is absolutely From's own team, but I didn't know if Kitamura would have the lead again (I think Suzuki left, but I'm not sure about Saitoh—both only did one track each for DS3).

The Tenchu vibes of that mission. This is gonna be great

It is Kitamura then. Sakuraba was brought in by Bandai, but he was mostly phased out for DS3 (Kitamura and Saitoh are From's in-house composers).

The music we've heard is absolutely From's own team, but I didn't know if Kitamura would have the lead again (I think Suzuki left, but I'm not sure about Saitoh—both only did one track each for DS3).
Yeah they confirmed it was her earlier this week.

Oct 27, 2017
That video was pretty unimpressive how little it showed. Felt like a teaser for more footage than anything.

Game still looks amazing though....

Jan 27, 2018
How many bosses are there going to be in this game?

Would anyone like to venture a guess?
Miyazaki mentioned that it will be around the same amount that you find in the souls games. There are optional bosses in Sekiro, some harder to find than others. This game has a lot of smaller mini bosses that you can kill for valuable loot (upgrade materials etc).

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Miyazaki mentioned that it will be around the same amount that you find in the souls games. There are optional bosses in Sekiro, some harder to find than others. This game has a lot of smaller mini bosses though that you can kill for valuable loot (upgrade materials etc).
I've never played the souls games - how many bosses are in those?