• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Excitement at 300%
aL9Pjnp0_700wa_0.gif

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
As far as the soundtrack goes, what kind of music can we expect from this game? Will it be japanese-inspired with kotos, flutes and the like; or something more synth/electronic?

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
As far as the soundtrack goes, what kind of music can we expect from this game? Will it be japanese-inspired with kotos, flutes and the like; or something more synth/electronic?
It's sounding like Yuka Kitamura is doing the soundtrack, so probably orchestral like the previous souls games, and yeah definitely heard more japanese inspiration in trailers and footage. Also seems like there's now music playing in the background all the time.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

Lots of koto, samisen and drums, surprisingly more ''exciting'' compared to Souls games atmospheric/sorrow/epic choir.

It's FromSoftware's idea of an action title.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
The former.

From synthesizes most of their instruments and vocals, but they're all classical compositions. You can hear the music in the background of the video here, and there's been other music in previous gameplay videos.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
z92cmeB.gif

The way you execute enemies reminds me so much of Tenchu, this area reminds me of it. The walking atop rooftops and so on all reminds me of it and I love it.

I've been viewing this as a spiritual successor to Tenchu from day 1, and the more gameplay I see the more fitting that description is.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Small question: is it SEH-ki-ro or Se-KEE-ro?

Also, I'm super happy Kitamura is composing this one. She did a marvelous job as lead composer on Dark Souls III.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Small question: is it SEH-ki-ro or Se-KEE-ro?
Neither since in Japanese you wouldn't emphasize a specific syllable. How does it feel to be DOUBLE wrong?

I put all three Dark Souls games on my GotY lists for each year, but I am completely burned out on the series. This game looks like a fresh direction while still maintaining the interesting aspects of the Souls games.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Looks a perfect environment to show off the added verticality and light stealth elements. Hope we get an extended look soon.

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like Nioh 2...

Well, no.

Nioh had completely boring locations, graphics were a lot worse than this and it was totally focused on the combat with no interaction with environments or other way to take on the enemy.

This one already showed in 30 seconds clip you can swim, you can grapple, you can quickly escape from your enemy, you can stealth kill them, you can combine all of these, and you can have boss combat with a much better variety and awesome soundtrack. Totally not Nioh 2.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why they decided to not just make it the reboot of tenchu.

Not that it matters, looks great.

I'm of two minds on the subject... I love Tenchu's world of super ninjas and no overt supernatural creatures and fantasy, and we really don't have enough of that.

On the other hand, FROM does fantasy so well, and the game does feel like it kept some of the most important elements from the Tenchu series, so I can't wait see the monstrosities they came up with.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Looks a perfect environment to show off the added verticality and light stealth elements. Hope we get an extended look soon.

i don´t need an extended look tbh, this game will be my personal highlight 2019 .-) time to go on media blackout now because i don´t want to see more, really hyped for this game now and it is already around the corner. 2019 is shaping up to be really killer: Ace Combat, RE2, KH3, Metro, Anthem, DMCV, Division 2 and finally Sekiro. and all of that in the beginning of the year...

Bloodborne 2 is definitely happening, Sekiro existing doesn't stop that.
i wouldn´ t be so sure of that tbh

Apr 21, 2018
This looks incredible. How did I not really notice this until now. I love how open ended and fast paced it all is, and beautiful. I can see what carried over from the Bloodborne engine but the gameplay now looks more my cup of tea. I hope it's less difficult or has a less difficult option than Bloodborne.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
i don´t need an extended look tbh, this game will be my personal highlight 2019 .-) time to go on media blackout now because i don´t want to see more, really hyped for this game now and it is already around the corner. 2019 is shaping up to be really killer: Ace Combat, RE2, KH3, Metro, Anthem, DMCV, Division 2 and finally Sekiro. and all of that in the beginning of the year...

i wouldn´ t be so sure of that tbh
I would, what's your reason for it not to happen?

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The character flying about like Spider-Man is a huge turnoff for me. Also thought the swimming was over-the-top fast. Is this a super-hero game, cause that's what it looks like.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
The character flying about like Spider-Man is a huge turnoff for me. Also thought the swimming was over-the-top fast. Is this a super-hero game, cause that's what it looks like.
Pretty sure he was using his prosthetic arm like a motorboat.
Yes, you can use your prosthetic arm to become a ninja motorboat.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Deep water is finally not an instant kill anymore i wonder if you can dive as well,man people going in blind will get their world flipped upside down and probably miss a lot of hidden stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
This environment is really nice but the character's foot slide and general sense of connection to the ground is not very good.

I also really didn't like the slash trail effect they've implemented. It makes the attack look very weak and amateurish even though the character's actual motions are fine. I expect better from them in that area.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on difficulty? Souls level?
The regular person will probablly find it more difficult since you can't grind out levels to inch out victories using bigger numbers. The Skill-tree sounds easier to understand than the usual stat-sheet of souls games but it's on you to get the gameplay complexities.
They said that having a on the spot resurrection mechanic won't make the game easier and some other demirit for dying they aren't talking about yet.