• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The regular person will probablly find it more difficult since you can't grind out levels to inch out victories using bigger numbers. The Skill-tree sounds easier to understand than the usual stat-sheet of souls games but it's on you to get the gameplay complexities.
They said that having a on the spot resurrection mechanic won't make the game easier and some other demirit for dying they aren't talking about yet.
Great! That's what I wanted to hear. Thx

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's a ninja with a prosthetic arm fighting demons and monsters. Are you expecting a super realistic game?
it's a fast-paced action game, what do you expect? slow walk and realistic swimming animation?
In comparison to what? In Bloodborne you fight and kill elder gods and tank star explosions.

Are you telling me I should have expected this? This is the first footage of the game that I've seen..

And this is a From game, so whatever the game is actually about it should be understood that, right or wrong, many gamers, seeing the game for the first time, will be EXPECTING something akin to Dark Souls. Swinging around the map like Spider-Man is not like Dark Souls!

So what was I EXPECTING? Not Spiderman.

Now if you're telling me I'm not entitled to my own opinion... well....

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
And this is a From game
You could have also expected robots then or a first person dungeon crawler.

That said no I misunderstood your post. I assumed you were turned off because the protagonist was doing crazy shit in general and found it dumb instead of it just taking you by surprise.

This is not a Souls game, it has some similarities but it's an action adventure.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Looking great. Relieved those huge grapple point indicators from earlier builds are nowhere to be seen here. Good, they were ugly and not necessary. Hope it stays that way in the final game.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Looks incredible. There's going to be major strategy involved, given all the traversal options. I'm hyped.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Are you telling me I should have expected this? This is the first footage of the game that I've seen..

And this is a From game, so whatever the game is actually about it should be understood that, right or wrong, many gamers, seeing the game for the first time, will be EXPECTING something akin to Dark Souls. Swinging around the map like Spider-Man is not like Dark Souls!

You're ignorance makes your opinion...well dumb.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
This game looks ridiculously good. It has the feel of a Souls game but adds great traversal options that really change the whole feel of it (while also fixing a few weaknesses of the Souls games - terrible platforming and not being able to really get around obstacles in the environment). The new setting is also very appealing.

And no more boring PvP that gets forced on you.... even better!

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game looks incredible but my biggest concern stays - no clothing customization, not even merely cosmetic? That would disappoint me greatly since one of the bigger appeals of From's Soulsbourne games for me was exactly that, eventually looking like a total badass... or bum, whatever I choose to be after many hours of grinding NG+++... So are there any new infos on that particular aspect of Sekiro?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I've never played the souls games - how many bosses are in those?

You should give them a try, like seriously you really should. They are the best 3D Metroidvania games ever made, in fact I would even call them Metroidvania Evolved.

MsN2ZTk.gif

That giant fish on the right is my biggest fear in life, it's why I NEVER swim in open water (lake, river, ocean etc.)

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
Samurai ninjas on those times seem to all be pro skaters. Too bad From's past games based on Victorian Times forgot that the characters in that era were all pro on the skateboarding scene.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're ignorance makes your opinion...well dumb.

This isn't an appropriate comment.

(By the way... writing, "You're ignorance makes your opinion... well dumb." - in addition to being lazy and offensive, is also quite funny for a reason that will be obvious to some, but will go whooshing ten thousand miles over your head.)

Last edited:

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Game looks incredible but my biggest concern stays - no clothing customization, not even merely cosmetic? That would disappoint me greatly since one of the bigger appeals of From's Soulsbourne games for me was exactly that, eventually looking like a total badass... or bum, whatever I choose to be after many hours of grinding NG+++... So are there any new infos on that particular aspect of Sekiro?
The GI interview says there is no loot in terms of weapons or armor. So no more fashionsouls.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
You should give them a try, like seriously you really should. They are the best 3D Metroidvania games ever made, in fact I would even call them Metroidvania Evolved.

That giant fish on the right is my biggest fear in life, it's why I NEVER swim in open water (lake, river, ocean etc.)
If I adore Sekiro, I'll check them out.

On the subject of giant aquatic things - is there any chance we will see some giant water bosses?

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I thoght this was that Sony game for a moment. Hearing it was done by Myazaki turned up the hype.

But this game looks good as well. Never heard of it before.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
On the subject of giant aquatic things - is there any chance we will see some giant water bosses?

You can't swim in previous Souls games but there are some water bosses such as the hydra from Dark Souls so yes.
It's a tricky fight cause if you get too close to the boss itself you will fall into the water and die.
Boss_0014_Hydra.jpg

Also Sekiro is literally not souls, so even if you end up loving Sekiro you might still hate Souls, and vice versa.

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
Shorter video that I expected. I really want to see more of this game, but at the same time I appreciate how they're keeping it close to the chest. Also interested in the swimming, wondering if it's just there for the stealth/traversal or if they'll go wild with it for a boss fight.

This game isn't called Dark Souls 4, if you were expecting that then that's your problem. From has made games ranging from Souls to a game about the president of the United States piloting a giant robot, they're not a one-trick pony and they should be free to explore new forms of gameplay.

You can also have an opinion without being completely hyperbolic. Comparing grappling towards specific points to an open world game where you can swing through buildings at high speeds without touching the ground once is like saying Sekiro is Mario just because the main character can jump.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even a huge soulsborne fan and that looks fucking incredible. Almost has a ninja gaiden vibe, ironically given it is not the feudal japan action game developed by Team Ninja lol (couldn't really get into Nioh honestly)

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
You can't swim in previous Souls games but there are some water bosses such as the hydra from Dark Souls so yes.
It's a tricky fight cause if you get too close to the boss itself you will fall into the water and die.
Boss_0014_Hydra.jpg

Also Sekiro is literally not souls, so even if you end up loving Sekiro you might still hate Souls, and vice versa.
My favorite giant water boss is Hydrus from Shadow of the Colossus. Hopefully there is a boss like that in Sekiro.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

(By the way... writing, "You're ignorance makes your opinion... well dumb." - in addition to being lazy and offensive, is also quite funny for a reason that will be obvious to some, but will go whooshing ten thousand miles over your head.)

🙄

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Looks better and better. I was a bit disappointed it wasn't going to be an RPG when first revealed but it seems like there's lots going on here regardless. I wonder how freeform the grappling is though or if you can only attach to specific preset points.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks better and better. I was a bit disappointed it wasn't going to be an RPG when first revealed but it seems like there's lots going on here regardless. I wonder how freeform the grappling is though or if you can only attach to specific preset points.

It's set points. But from the look of footage so far, they are almost everywhere.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
You can only attack to specific points.

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks better every time I see it. The new GI details got me even more excited.