• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jul 20, 2018
It is Kitamura then. Sakuraba was brought in by Bandai, but he was mostly phased out for DS3 (Kitamura and Saitoh are From's in-house composers).

The music we've heard is absolutely From's own team, but I didn't know if Kitamura would have the lead again (I think Suzuki left, but I'm not sure about Saitoh—both only did one track each for DS3).

Saitoh was the lead composer for Déraciné so he's probably still around.

知らぬ

May 9, 2018
tokyo
MsN2ZTk.gif

Oct 26, 2017
The way you execute enemies reminds me so much of Tenchu, this area reminds me of it. The walking atop rooftops and so on all reminds me of it and I love it.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
Can't wait.

Lack of MP means this is likely gonna be a one-and-done for me, unlike the previous games, but I'm still looking forward to what they do with the setting. Dark Souls & Bloodborne's respective descents from very trope-y settings and enemies to straight-up nightmare fuel are some of my favorite enemy escalations in any game I've played.

There is a playfulness too, in the level and encounter design, that I haven't seen in many other games. Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne both had traps with designs that were similar to traps that appeared in Demon's Souls and the first 2 Dark Souls, but the traps were remixed in ways that seemed specifically made to trip up returning players. It feels like the team at FromSoft is having a dialogue with their players, through the level design, and I find that really cool when I'm playing these games.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, just to echo the Tenchu vibes. Except this looks fun and empowering. Tenchu wasn't either, for me.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The emphasis on verticality and jumping is something I loved in Ashen. Sekiro seems to take that to a whole new level.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks really damn good visually especially compared to the Souls games. Then again being fully single player probably helps with that a bit.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great!

...but I think I can see framepacing issues like pretty much every from game :(

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting to realize the hype that there's going to be a new FromSoft game coming in a few months. Damn. Can't wait to play it.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Going to likely be a toss up between this and RE2 for me. This year is going to be a strong one in any event.

This whole time I've been pronouncing it "Say-Key-Rho"

I feel dumb.

It probably doesn't technically sound like the way the GI guy pronounced it either. Most have been pronouncing it closer to "Sah-Key-Rho" anyway. The Japanese pronunciation is probably different from both as well.

Last edited: