• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GI had lots of trouble with FROM Software in the past (Dark Souls 3 cover story), so I hope we actually get some new info. If not, the game's close enough as is.

Edit - The coverage video makes it sound like there's lots of new info.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of trouble in what sense?

They were promised lots of access to the game they ended up not receiving (though they were still able to publish a pretty good cover story). It was the subject of that issue's opening editorial by Andy McNamara.

Sounds like they've got lots of juicy info this time around though, based on the coverage preview video on their site.

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They were promised lots of access to the game they ended up not receiving (though they were still able to publish a pretty good cover story). It was the subject of that issue's opening editorial by Andy McNamara.

I see. Activision is handling the marketing of the game, though, right? So, it shouldn't happen again, even if I'm cool with FROM not wanting to show too much.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
where do you guys pick up this, at al gamestop? I'll be visiting US on february and I want to buy it while I'm there

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This and the lack of online co op actually excites me. Instead of making a wider, more shallow style of maps and enemy design tailored for lots of player builds and groups, they can focus in and build the levels and enemies and challenges around a more fixed perspective. In a lot of ways, this game should be even more challenging than dark souls or bloodborne, since it's more of an action game where the challenge can't be mitigated by RPG elements

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
That Hurricanrana in the video...this game is gonna be so sick! Cant wait for the Dev and Miyazaki interviews!

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017

itspants1

Jul 17, 2018
Boy oh boy oh boy! Can't wait. Might have to pick up this issue.
Speaking of which...can you buy a single issue of Game Informer? As far as I can tell you can only get it via subscription now. Does anybody know if single issue purchase is possible, and if so, where you've personally seen it available? (i.e. not "it should be at newstands / grocery store / book store")

EDIT: For anybody looking for DIGITAL single issues. Looks like February isn't up available yet though

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
It will be an upset of Sekiro isn't my favorite game of 2019. First time I've been hyped to read a magazine cover story in quite awhile.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After Bloodborne, continued streamlining and deemphasizing of build variety shouldn't be surprising, I guess. I never felt this harmed the design of the earlier games, though, so I'm curious to see just what improvements this is intended to make.

It definetly harms balance, see Pyro on DS1 or miracles on DS2, etc...

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Speaking of which...can you buy a single issue of Game Informer? As far as I can tell you can only get it via subscription now. Does anybody know if single issue purchase is possible, and if so, where you've personally seen it available? (i.e. not "it should be at newstands / grocery store / book store")

EDIT: For anybody looking for DIGITAL single issues. Looks like February isn't up available yet though

You can buy single, physical issues at Gamestop stores too.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
I preordered this the moment the page went up on Steam.

Fromsoft and CD Projekt RED are the only devs I can say that about.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My most anticipated game of the year. Still disappointed this is not an RPG but I trust Miyazaki, I know the game will be great.