• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
https://www.gameinformer.com/exclus...of-marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-the-black-order

Will update with YouTube video when they post it
All month long we're celebrating Marvel by rolling out exclusive features on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order to go along with our new cover story on the Nintendo Switch exclusive. This feature is a big one, with Ben Hanson and Ben Reeves walking you through exclusive gameplay showing off parts of the story and separate challenges called infinity trials. Watch the video above and let us know what you think in the comments below.

Yes this is big enough for its own thread, it's the first non trailer footage of the game

Seems like every weekday(5 days) next week we are getting a new character profile and video

Update: since people don't have time to listen carefully to this video, the podcast and read the articles here's something really important to keep in mind about this footage: a majority of this b-roll footage from Nintendo(not captured by gameinformer) is from either the miniboss/boss fights(which tend to be an arena by nature to prevent skipping the fight) or from the arena based Infinity Trial challenges where you have to beat a certain number of enemies in a certain amount of time in an arena from an unlocked level that the challenge is from. There is less than a minute of regular level footage from the normal corridors and multilevel areas. This is a gameplay video, and in order to show off the actual characters and special moves most of the footage is limited to an arena where it can be showcased with the largest number of characters without spoiling the plot. We have mainly seen areas from the first two chapters(space ship and prison) as well. The plot scatters the gems across the entire marvel universe so there is much more to see.
Also regarding the button mashiness that has to do with the footage being in the easiest difficulty which as stated in the article(paraphrased from another thread):
"Different difficulties like: Casual, the "friendly" difficulty with emphasis on button-mashing to victory, Mighty, for greater challenges and a new difficulty after clearing the story once."

I'm also putting this info in a thread marked post for those who don't go back to the op

Last edited:

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I liked what I saw of the game.

Reminds me a bit of Musou games, which I love, just because of all the npcs on screen. Hopefully they smooth out the fps by release.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Watching as soon as I get home! I really hope this game can capture the time where I played the first one (I doubt it will since it won't be the first but still!)

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
They keep being dorks about the game looking "hectic" or "chaotic"

Game looks fine, it's like they tryna get it toned down or something

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Looks kinda fun but good lord is this ugly. The environments here show no inspiration at all.

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
I feel like im in the miniority here but I feel like this looks terrible....this looks like a musou game with a marvel skin on it

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok so Lockjaw isn't playable(during story at least) he's the mechanic by which they explain how the classic checkpoints for swapping out characters work: Lockjaw warps you out and them in!

Also for those of you worrying about depth: unlike previous mua games you start with only one special skill unlocked and then you have to level up to get the rest!

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Looks pretty good from what they've shown. I've been craving a game like this for a while so it's going to be an insta-buy regardless.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looks pretty much exactly like what it is:

A Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
I feel like im in the miniority here but I feel like this looks terrible....this looks like a musou game with a marvel skin on it

I loved the first two games and I was really looking forward to this and I agree with you. It doesn't look good at all. It looks like a bargain bin PS2 game. I don't feel like the camera angle or moves look like the first two games.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah I don't know that I expect engaging gameplay here. The fandom might carry it pretty far here.
Outside of the pack of carry throws gameplay is the same here as the old games, did either of you play the original marvel ultimate alliance? I mean there's more going on but that's too be expected after 10 years

There's still a limited number(not infinitely spawning) number of characters like mua

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
Cannot WAIT for this couch co-op goodness, and talking my co-workers into bringing their Switches into the office for a couple local wireless co-op missions at lunch. So stoked MUA is coming back.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Yeah, I'm going to enjoy this.

Not too worried about the looks. Original X-Men Legends and Ultimate Alliance games weren't lookers anyway.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
During gameplay it looks really bad with aliasing and FPS drops :( Cutscenes look good though.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looks terrible, why can't it be cutting edge like the original games?/s

MV5BNzExNWJkY2MtNDgzYy00MzNiLTk2NjMtNzcwYjMzZGI3Y2Q0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjgwNzg0MzY@._V1_.jpg

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
damn those special move effects are flashy as fuck, I love it.

really like that closer camera too.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Look as bland as you get from a game with no UI. i remember seeing Diablo 3 on the switch without a UI and i was like meh. Got the game and things was different. So yeah looks good to me.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Visuals are rough and hopefully they can get the framerate more stable but for the most part I like what I see. I'm still really bummed about only four moves per character though. DD looks fun.