• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Looks fun. Back in the day I wasn't in the mood for a Diablo-esque brawler thingie like MUA, 'cause I played some X-Men game (I think) beforehand that soured me on it a bit. But this one, I will pretty much definitely try. Wonder what story Sumerak came up with.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
High-powered consoles have created the illusion that every game has to be of high graphic fidelity with ridiculous presentation standards, otherwise it's simply not worth the $60 price, and deemed unplayable. That's where we are with gaming.
Yep. Did you see the reactions to Medievil? Awful

Oct 25, 2017
The first two games don't look like iPad games, whatever that means.

This looks better than those.

so yeah, it doesn't look like an iPad game, whatever that means.

Saying "this looks like a mobile game" as a negative is about as stuipd as saying "I don't like indies". It makes no sense. It's dumb. If you want to criticize a game's visuals, do so without sounding dumb.
Yah I didn't say anything of the sort, I simply said the game looks like shit visually.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Any word on MCU costumes/skins?
Costumes can unlocked from infinity trials but they aren't saying what kind of costumes.
Yep types are unconfirmed but I'd expect more comic callbacks than movie ones... then again this being made in Japan means there's one costume we need over all others
220px-Toei_Spider-Man_costume.jpg

A potentially dumb question here, seeing as I never played the original games, I know you pick a team per mission but can you switch to other team members or are you locked in until the mission is over?
You can swap out at glowing blue checkpoints where Lockjaw will teleport n and out the selected team members(no seriously that is the new canon explanation)

Sad we didn't get a look at the character select though... or any menus for that matter , Nintendo is being sneaky here

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I own the Switch, I love the Switch. If I were to buy this (and had options) I'd get it on Switch for the co-op as I have lots of controllers. The game could look A LOT better and even though it's clean, it isn't visually striking in anyway. It's getting the job done and that's it. I don't think people should be so dismissive about posters saying they don't the way it looks just because they think it's not on their preferred platform. There are genuine criticisms.

Yep, this. I do think it looks kinda bad, but that wouldn't stop me from playing it. What's bothering me is the 30fps with drops. Gotta get that cleaned up before release or it's a non-starter.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Gameplay first and foremost but the character on display here is fantastic, the characters and tone we know and love from the MCU. The OG games always felt so stilted in their character depictions.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like MUA to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't to me, weirdly. It looks so frantic and chaotic - it reminds me more of Dynasty Warriors than Diablo. I think it's mainly that characters and enemies seem to move a lot when they attack or are attacked.

Edit:
Just checking I had no idea Team Ninja was part of Koei Tecmo. The similarities make a lot of sense now.

Last edited:

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
For a Marvel property? You don't say.
Yeah, from what I've seen that's most of what the game has going for it. Doesn't seem to be too involving gameplay wise and the visuals are shoddy. So a Marvel property being seemingly mediocre means it doesn't do much outside of simply being Marvel branded.

Obviously it'll sell solid due to that brand, but there needs to be more.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You know what'd be hilariously awesome? is if Spidey got the Toei costume in Mua3 and it made him default to his Japanese voice actor while everyone else still has the western dub

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Thank you to the people that replied to my original question but I may have worded it poorly.

Say I go into a mission with Spidey, Deadpool, Cap and Hulk, can I seamlessly switch between each one mid-battle or am I just stuck as Spidey until I reach a point where I can change my team out?

Hope that makes more sense and thanks again to anyone who replies to this.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
No, it doesn't look like a ghraphical showcase but, as a fan of MUA, I think it looks fun. Just hoping they manage to pack a lot of content in it.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Imagine the "Cel shaded game looks like a previous gen game" hot take still being spouted in 2019.

Also apparently, people haven't either played an MUA game a Musou game or both

Apr 21, 2018
Surprised by the mixed reactions. I thought it looked pretty good. The gameplay is rather simple, but that's good for younger audiences and turning-the-brain-off gameplay. Kind of like Hyrule Warriors or Diablo. I think I'm in for this.

I actually thought it was going to look a lot worse after the reveal trailer.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Thank you to the people that replied to my original question but I may have worded it poorly.

Say I go into a mission with Spidey, Deadpool, Cap and Hulk, can I seamlessly switch between each one mid-battle or am I just stuck as Spidey until I reach a point where I can change my team out?

Hope that makes more sense and thanks again to anyone who replies to this.
You can swap between active team members at any time as long as someone else isn't using them, you use the dpad generally, it's a series staple

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Looks ok, but a touch deflated as a fan of the old games and musou titles. Its got a mix of both which is the point but the arenas in the preview were boring.

Also that Nick Fury voice... Really not a fan of Marvel's modern animation and game VO choices in general but this one was bad.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Since this is a Nintendo exclusive, they should bring back the scrapped idea of Nintendo guest characters that they had for the previous title, but rather than Link and Samus, they should give us Nintendo's own superhero:

Wario-Man_AMIO.png

WARIO-MAN!

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I mean, imagine babies were $60 games... You can like or dislike a game, but it is very obvious this is not an indie game or a remake of a 10 year old game, so the price is just the regular price for new games.

what else would it be?

It honestly looks like a $40 game to me at most. Just doesn't look polished at all.

just watched the video. what the hell are people on about? it looks great.

what does a full budget $60 game look like exactly?

Well I'll use the most recent example, Ghost Recon was unveiled this week. Pretty stark difference. Not trying to argue just giving my opinion.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Since this is a Nintendo exclusive, they should bring back the scrapped idea of Nintendo guest characters that they had for the previous title, but rather than Link and Samus, they should give us Nintendo's own superhero:

Wario-Man_AMIO.png

WARIO-MAN!
It's not like he'd look out of place next to a sassy talking raccoon.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017

Wario-Man_AMIO.png

WARIO-MAN!

It would be amazing and hilarious if they actually did this.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It honestly looks like a $40 game to me at most. Just doesn't look polished at all.

Well I'll use the most recent example, Ghost Recon was unveiled this week. Pretty stark difference. Not trying to argue just giving my opinion.
How are you a judge of the value of a game? Get outta here with this nonsense. I can't roll my eyes enough with such a stupid statement.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Uh

Why are all 3 of the levels they showed off just a single circular arena

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I just realized this is a switch exclusive. Graphics make sense now. Animations still look rough though. Disregard my last comments.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018

And Tom Clancy's series aren't getting a dime from me because of how pro-military they are.

Different people value games differently.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Unreal... I'm so disappointed. This looks like an AmigaCD32 game.

/s

I can't wait. Looks like it'll be tons of fun.

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
How are you a judge of the value of a game? Get outta here with this nonsense. I can't roll my eyes enough with such a stupid statement.
Goes back to what I stated earlier. These attitudes are becoming increasingly prevalent as consoles continue to move forward in terms of technology.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The combat looks good, not that I expected less from Temco, and hearing how the game is structure is interesting as it will make me switch out characters and try them out. Though once I get Spider-Man, I am never swapping him out.

I really can't wait to get the game.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a cheaply made mobile game. WTF?
Gameplay looks okay. But we will probably never get another Superhero Action-RPG reaching X-Men: Legends 1+2's quality :\

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Uh

Why are all 3 of the levels they showed off just a single circular arena
Because as stated in the footage most of the b roll is from the infinity trials that' take place in arenas in existing stages so they can show off gameplay and characters without spoiling the story. The boss fight with nebula is also in an arena but we also see a bit of the overall prison level

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
All the posters saying this "doesn't look like a $60 game" are the reason indie games will never charge what they're actually worth. Graphics should have never become the standard for a game's value.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I think any comment of "This looks like a PS2 / mobile game" should be accompanied by a real image of a PS2 / mobile game.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Goes back to what I stated earlier. These attitudes are becoming increasingly prevalent as consoles continue to move forward in terms of technology.

I think people like games to be visually compelling - I don't think it has as much to do with technology. People say MvC3 looks better than MvCI - it's an art direction thing.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Looks better than expected both graphically and gameplay, looking forward to this!

Lots of salt that it's exclusive I see :P