• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This looks neat. It's coming out in July, so I'll probably pick it up. Be a fun game to play in small sessions.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I mean it is a mua successor and intended to be more arcadey. Also it's four regular powers(3 that you have to level up to unlock), a synergy and an extreme attack

Literally said "four regular powers" because I knew someone would want to correct me about the synergy and extreme attack. :P

MUA2 released 10 years ago. Omega was clearly an improvement in terms of gameplay, while this is a huge regression. "More arcadey" is a beautiful sentiment, but you can do that without dumbing the game down to the absolute bare Playskool essentials. The game seems entirely braindead in the video, plus characters seem to play very similarly (Captain Marvel and Iron Man have the exact same kind of beam attack, which is pretty bad considering the already reduced number of powers per character on top of the reduced character count). Enemies standing there waiting for their turn to be killed, bossed being slow motioned in place by attacks for several seconds (which BTW looks silly as fuck). And of course the framerate is not looking good either.

I didn't expect Omega levels of complex skill interactions and builds, but this is shaping up not to be much deeper than the Lego Marvel games.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
I can already tell that most of the fighting will take place in a big open space that gets surrounded by an invisible barrier.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like a lot of fun! Me and my cousin played the older games so I'm looking forward to going through with him co-op on this. Framerate is a bit rough but thats kind of how a lot of these mass beat em ups go lol.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people seem really disappointed by the fact that this Marvel Ultimate Alliance game looks like a Marvel Ultimate Alliance game...
i feel like there's quite a bit of concern trolling going on itt. we already knew what the game looked like, it's the 3rd entry in a series and the gameplay is similar to the past two games, so i don't know what people expected, exactly.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see gameplay of black panther next. I didn't like how he played in the 2nd one. Iron Man already looks more fun than the 2nd game.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Like what I'm seeing. My only qualm so far?

It looks like, with this game, I can forever say good-bye to Rocket's accent. And yet, it sounds like it's not the same guy who did him in MvCI, either...?

Jan 2, 2018
i feel like there's quite a bit of concern trolling going on itt. we already knew what the game looked like, it's the 3rd entry in a series and the gameplay is similar to the past two games, so i don't know what people expected, exactly.

We even saw glimpses of this exact gameplay at TGA and the last Nintendo Direct.
Some reactions in here are confusing.

Still looks like an iPad game. :(

Oh! That's new!
So far we have:

"It looks like a PSP game"
"It looks like a PS2 game"
"It looks like a Mobile game"

And now "It looks like an iPad game"

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Literally said "four regular powers" because I knew someone would want to correct me about the synergy and extreme attack. :P

MUA2 released 10 years ago. Omega was clearly an improvement in terms of gameplay, while this is a huge regression. "More arcadey" is a beautiful sentiment, but you can do that without dumbing the game down to the absolute bare Playskool essentials. The game seems entirely braindead in the video, plus characters seem to play very similarly (Captain Marvel and Iron Man have the exact same kind of beam attack, which is pretty bad considering the already reduced number of powers per character on top of the reduced character count). Enemies standing there waiting for their turn to be killed, bossed being slow motioned in place by attacks for several seconds (which BTW looks silly as fuck). And of course the framerate is not looking good either.

I didn't expect Omega levels of complex skill interactions and builds, but this is shaping up not to be much deeper than the Lego Marvel games.
FYI this is likely friendly game difficulty where the entire point is to have a fun time button smashing with friends and there will be two higher difficulties including one that you have to beat the game to unlock and requires more skill and tact
I can already tell that most of the fighting will take place in a big open space that gets surrounded by an invisible barrier.
To keep from spoilers most of the gameplay in from infinity trial arenas which are what you describe and a mini boss fight with nebula. There is indicator of larger and smaller corridor and varies inviroments. Be patient for ther full game they are intentionally trying not to spoil the story(Nintendo). This is gameplay not story footage

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
FYI this is likely friendly game difficulty where the entire point is to have a fun time button smashing with friends and there will be two higher difficulties including one that you have to beat the game to unlock and requires more skill and tact

To keep from spoilers most of the gameplay in from infinity trial arenas which are what you describe and a mini boss fight with nebula. There is indicator of larger and smaller corridor and varies inviroments. Be patient for ther full game they are intentionally trying not to spoil the story(Nintendo). This is gameplay not story footage
Not to mention the article the other day said boss battles will require strategy. Like having to lure venom in the way of sonic weapons.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Looks pretty fun, colorful and some nice effects on attack. Love the third person camera too, makes it seem more intimate and more like a actual third person action rpg. Shame they made Cap so dorkly patriotic though.

I just hope they will support this for a long long time with new content. Some sort of infinitely replayable mode would be so awesome for this. The Infinity Trials are just the same every time and so will get repetitive after a while.

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
High-powered consoles have created the illusion that every game has to be of high graphic fidelity with ridiculous presentation standards, otherwise it's simply not worth the $60 price, and deemed unplayable. That's where we are with gaming.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I hope that its difficult, one of the cool parts of Xmen Legends was that the games were actually tough
There's three(?) difficulty levels including one you have to beat the story to unlock. They go from button mashing with friends to your better plan this out and think this through or we'll destroy you. I think two of the confirmed names were Friendly and Mighty

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I enjoy this graphic style.

Instead of going to a realistic-route they went a CGI/animated/comic look which is nice. An artstyle that rarely looks dated.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
What does an iPad game look like? Is it a new genre, alongside indie?
It's pretty clear they mean it looks like a mobile title. However, mobile titles have been looking better and better, so it's not that big of an insult these days. It definitely looks like a game designed for a portable system. There are many PS3 games that look significantly better. That's not an indictment of the Switch, only one of this game's bad graphics. The frame rate looked pretty bad, too.

I personally think it looks fucking rough, but the first two weren't lookers either.

mr teaspoon

Banned
Feb 22, 2018
Quasi-related, but as someone who doesn't watch their stuff on a regular basis, it has been stunning how bad their coverage has been thus far. Did anyone watch the GI Show where they first talk about the game? They seriously spend, like, 40 minutes on it and mention almost nothing of any meaning. At one point one of the hosts literally says something like 'I think Marvel is a lot more popular now than in 2004.'

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
There's three(?) difficulty levels including one you have to beat the story to unlock. They go from button mashing with friends to your better plan this out and think this through or we'll destroy you. I think two of the confirmed names were Friendly and Mighty
great to hear! will probably pick it up then. I had fun playing Xmen Legends with my brother, will be cool to go back to a Marvel action game after all this time

emb

Oct 28, 2017
I'm more interested in this than I expected to be. I think I just like the idea of a simple beat 'em up right now, hopefully this fits the role.

Footage looks pretty good. Feedback on hitting enemies doesn't look as satisfying as I would hope though. Might just be from not really listening to it.

Anyway, this game has my attention. Will probably wait for reviews and see how it turns out (pretty rare that I'm on the fence enough to actually use reviews for their purpose). If it turns out not great I'll probably buy one of the older games, or a musou or something.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty clear they mean it looks like a mobile title. However, mobile titles have been looking better and better, so it's not that big of an insult these days.

It was absolutely meant as an insult though. I actually couldn't care less if someone doesn't think the game looks great, but equating mobile with ugly is very dumb and as usual, it's coming from so-called enthusiasts (not you specifically).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, this looks like a game that could very easily run on a platform that is more powerful than the Switch. Any other shocking revelations?