• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
DfRb0M5XUAE0vlV.jpg

Coverage Hub: https://www.gameinformer.com/anthem

Full Cover Story From the Magazine
https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/anthem/flying-to-a-new-frontier

Anthem Does Not Have Romances
https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/06/09/anthem-does-not-have-romances

About Anthem's Microtransactions
https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/06/09/anthems-microtransactions-are-cosmetic-only

123 Questions
https://www.gameinformer.com/video-interview/2018/06/09/123-rapid-fire-questions-about-anthem

Game Impressions
https://www.gameinformer.com/video-.../09/exclusive-impressions-of-anthems-gameplay

Quick Hits:
  • Game is online only.
  • No loot boxes.
  • Potentially one game for the series. Mapped out to be a service.
  • 30 FPS on consoles. Uncapped on PC.
  • Voiced human playable character.
  • No recruitable party members. Game will be harder to play solo.
  • All stats are based in the suits. No reason to make new characters.
  • Microtransactions are cosmetic only "forever".
  • Can't customize character after initial creation (at launch).
  • World is not gated. One large open world.
  • TBA on cross-platform play.
  • No plans for Switch.
  • No PVP.
  • Dialogue trees are in the game but are simpler than previous implementations.
  • There is a height limit in the game for flight.
  • Can't steal loot.
  • Story is less Sci-Fi focused than Mass Effect.
  • At any point you can enter "Hover Mode" with a button press.
  • Gender will have a minor design differences for lighter suits but won't for heavy ones.
  • Tutorial is based on the Ranger suit. Halfway through the critical path you will gain access to all 4 suits.
  • GI Impressions point to the story being divided up into two components. FPS exploration of the city (think Normandy or Skyhold) where you talk with NPCs and make choices (this area is single player only). Rest of the story being events in the shared co-op world.
  • More focus on unique personalities and interactions for NPCs. Think of the events with your crew in the ME3 Citadel DLC.
  • Bioware wants to alleviate frustrations folk have with co-op games.
  • You will fight that Spider boss seen in the EA demo multiple times. Either for loot or through reuse in latter missions, GI staff wasn't sure.

Comments from Mark Darrah (EP on Dragon Age) on Anthem.

Response on the lack of PVP:

Can the can be wholly experienced as a single player?

Cost of customization.

Raid like experiences, loot drops and additional Javelins (in the future) confirmed.

Last edited:

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Liked what I saw of it. I'm really curious if they were able to successfully bring over what I like about Bioware games, but I'm guessing I'll only know that answer once I actually get it in my hands proper.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Superman fans, you can join us Skate fans in sorrow.

Rocksteady will probably be at Xbox or Sony

EBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Most Anticipated title. Looking forward to a third person persistent world co op shooter, and pleased it's Bioware doing it. Happy this is a service, hopeful the content plan will be consistent slow drip versus the expansion strategy Destiny has. Also hope there is reason not to fly by a ton of potential enemy engagements.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't really that interested in this, and this just puts the final nail in that coffin for me. Sounds interesting for those that enjoy this genre though.

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
Most Anticipated title. Looking forward to a third person persistent world co op shooter, and pleased it's Bioware doing it. Happy this is a service, hopeful the content plan will be consistent slow drip versus the expansion strategy Destiny has. Also hope there is reason not to fly by a ton if potential enemy engagements.

Yepp looks great, shooting big ass monster (and small) looks great

Oct 30, 2017
The gameplay was alright, what i would expect from them. It will really be whether the story and roleplaying is any good that will determine my interest. Doesn't sound like there will be much roleplaying though.

Nov 11, 2017
Sounds cool, destiny needs competition. I hope we still get some traditional Bioware games in the future though.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So this really is like a 3rd-person Destiny, huh. I wonder how that works out for them.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.gameinformer.com/video-interview/2018/06/09/123-rapid-fire-questions-about-anthem

Timestamp for the PvP details is 6:21

Other informational tidbits
- Cosmetic-only microtransactions, no lootboxes
- 30 FPS on consoles, unlocked framerate on PC
- PC release same day as consoles
- No snowy or desert areas
- Anthem will be a GaaS, likely to be the only one in the series
- Environmental destruction, unlikely to be permanent
- Character creator, character is voiced, all are humans
- No character creation after initial creation at launch
- No AI party members
- No romances
- All Javelin classes are available, can swap outside of missions, no point to starting a new character
- Hubs include Fort Tarsus, the forward base walkers (non-pilotable), and an "apartment"
- No other players in hubs, hubs are for story progression
- Non-infinite inventory
- After tutorial, no missions have to be played solo, can start playing co-op right after
- There are levelled areas that low-level characters should avoid at first
- No underwater fights
- Flying has a vertical limit
- Conversation choices return, but branches are simpler
- No co-op story decisions
- No loot sharing, swapping, or stealing
- Bioware trying to control for griefing as much as possible
- "No answer" regarding public beta

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
No PvP means they are giving full focus to story. That's a great thing in my books.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
More and more this is just looking like a big ole bowl of mehhhhhh. Speaking of the 30fps, not PVP. PVP is what hurt the balancing in Destiny, but at least Bungie appears to recognize that now.

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
No PvP means they are giving full focus to story. That's a great thing in my books.
Or that they had to cut it because the game is barely coming along - think Schreier reported on the poor state of the game a few months ago.
It still looks really boring gameplay wise imo :/

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I hoped it would be enjoyable solo with AI party but looks like that's not the case

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Only 1 Anthem game is a good thing. Destiny would have been so much better if Destiny 2 was just a huge update