• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this game has mcu costumes like future fight has. Should be an easy addition. I also wonder with the X-men getting a comic reboot in July is when they possibly reveal Cyclops and other mutants.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I hope this game has mcu costumes like future fight has. Should be an easy addition. I also wonder with the X-men getting a comic reboot in July is when they possibly reveal Cyclops and other mutants.
I hope it doesn't at least in the base game. As a separate promo or something fine but for the base game I want tons of wacky and varied comic book outfits and deep pulls like classic avengers and character costumes like beta ray Thor

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I was just saying when you can't do it as a uniform thing for everyone a mcu costume set would make more sense as dlc since it has a wider reach while wilder comic references that wouldn't bring in as much money are more likely as the unlockable ones in the base game

Time will tell anyways we still don't know how many each character will get

Oct 25, 2017
Can now get an ULTIMATE alliance 3 shirt on Amazon. Shows of Daredevil,Iron Fist, and Elektra.
She might be playable considering there is a hand level and ninjas

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Can now get an ULTIMATE alliance 3 shirt on Amazon. Shows of Daredevil,Iron Fist, and Elektra.
She might be playable considering there is a hand level and ninjas

There's already a thread. There's also another official shirt that confirms Giantman/Antman and vision(who appeared for a half second in a cutscene in the first trailer)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just saw an interesting thought. This is the 80th anniversary of Marvel, it's make sense for their original two flagship characters to show up in MUA3 . Those being Human Torch and Namor. It's rare for a company's earliest characters to be active in the form they are despite not being major solo protagonists for a long time(Namor shines as an Anti-Hero or a straight up Villain most of the time in other comics. A second Human Torch is now the main one as primarily a team up character). Plus with an actual marvel writer/editor who'd know about this stuff writing the story it doesn't seem too far fetched

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017

SiG

Oct 25, 2017

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I've got both of the MUA games on PS4 for some reason and I'm thinking about going through em, or at least one, before 3 comes out. The first one is the move right? Plus, I'm almost certain I can be Cyclops in the PS4 version of that game, lmao

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I've got both of the MUA games on PS4 for some reason and I'm thinking about going through em, or at least one, before 3 comes out. The first one is the move right? Plus, I'm almost certain I can be Cyclops in the PS4 version of that game, lmao
First one is better. Also remember Doom is the best teammate dialog wise

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I really hope this game rules. Some of it looks awesome, some of makes me cautious. I'm in regardless. Loving some of the animations on the characters, makes me so happy to see characters like Wolvie and stuff finally fully translated in a big Marvel game again.

Last edited:

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so after playing the original for just over an hour on PS4 I am even more hyped for this game. MUA 1 shows its age, but damn this style of game is just fun for me. I was really surprised going back how good the roster was out of the gate, too.

Some thoughts:
- I wonder what the button layout will be on the Switch. It's funny, but triangle to jump and X and O to do normal attacks is just so weird for me on PS4.

- I think the Heroic Camera is going to be a big deal for this game. As I was playing the original, I kept wishing I could activate that and just kinda pretend I was playing something closer to a third person action game. The Diablo-esque view makes perfect sense for a console game, since it always had such a large local multiplayer focus, but the uniqueness of the Switch is really going to help the game shine as a solo experience. I don't mean that to say something is being lost in multiplayer, but if you're playing on your own Switch or online, I can't imagine going back to the standard view.

- I really like the direction this game is going with larger hordes of enemies. While playing MUA1, I was kinda wanting to be a little more overwhelmed. Generally, I think games like this (Diablo 3 on Switch is a good comparison) really thrive in making you feel strong by chipping away at a huge mob. In MUA1, the enemies were fewer and spongier. Sometimes it took me so many hits to down one I felt like a chump!

- The story and characters are really going to benefit from existing in a post-mcu world, I think. The characters in MUA1 all feel a little loose, so I think having the MCU common ground, combined with the conveniences of modern storytelling in games, is going to help each of the characters in MUA3 have an easier time standing out on their own.

- Effects and hitboxes are extremely vague in MUA1. From the footage we've seen of 3 so far everything is just so clear and colorful. Really excited to have this jump to modern consoles to look forward to.

Nov 4, 2018
Gameinformer put a list of recommended comics to read but I'm not sure I'd put my faith in a gaming magazine's comic recommendations. Instead I'll ask the community.

So as someone who played these UA games but never actually read any of the comics, which are some essential comics to these characters and what order should I read them?

EDIT: So they actually came from Marvel themselves, my bad. On that note, I'd still rather get recommendations from fans instead than an official corporation.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Gameinformer put a list of recommended comics to read but I'm not sure I'd put my faith in a gaming magazine's comic recommendations. Instead I'll ask the community.

So as someone who played these UA games but never actually read any of the comics, which are some essential comics to these characters and what order should I read them?

The list came from marvel. They talk about it on thr podcast. They didn't come up with the list themselves.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Alternate skin wise I just want to be able to play as Brie Larson.

Anyhow, my really out there hope for this game is Gwenpool, but I don't think that is very likely, the focus is obviously on the people in movies, or old classics. And that's okay, I understand why it would be that way. I can still dream though.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
~25 minute interview with Bill Rosemann on the latest GI Show.

Talks about the Marvel Gamerverse a bit, which even Bill seems a bit confused about describing.

Says that they're treating UA3 like a fresh start of a game since so much time has passed since the predecessors (hence, different race Nick Fury).

Gameplay and story drive character selection (like every other Marvel game), with attempts to think of characters that pair in "twos, or threes, or fours." He asks about playable villains, says he can't talk about that right now. When asked if F4 are off the table for licensing reasons, he says "anything is possible in the Marvel universe."

Seems to suggest that there won't be Nintendo tie-ins.

He says a lot of his job is to make sure that characters are authentically Marvel. Us MvC fans crine