• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Would still like to see some of Ant-Man, Quake, Ghost Rider, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, Colossus, and/or Beast. But even with what's already shown, there's enough characters I like that I wouldn't be bothered if none of the guys I listed make it. Quake for some Agents of SHIELD representation would be so awesome though.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Nice surprise. Thought there wasn't going to be much new leading up to it. Give me all the details. More characters, alternate costumes, etc.

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
I really want to like this game, but it looks like the mobile game marvel: future fight .. :/

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Excited for the breakdowns. Perhaps Infinity Trials will be the replayable diablo style mode or something

Also totally expecting the fantastic four as either the e3 reveal or first post launch reveal possibly dlc either way perhaps with a new story chapter

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Would still like to see some of Ant-Man, Quake, Ghost Rider, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, Colossus, and/or Beast. But even with what's already shown, there's enough characters I like that I wouldn't be bothered if none of the guys I listed make it. Quake for some Agents of SHIELD representation would be so awesome though.
Iron Fist is already in so I'm sure the rest of the Defenders are gonna be included too.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the breakdowns. Perhaps Infinity Trials will be the replayable diablo style mode or something

Also totally expecting the fantastic four as either the e3 reveal or first post launch reveal possibly dlc either way perhaps with a new story chapter
We should become friends on switch so we can play this together.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So why are the X-men in this one when Marvel vs Capcom Infinite couldn't get the go ahead for them???

I'm not complaining, but this game is going to do gangbusters because of the Marvel Hype. Hopefully alternate costumes are in this, looking at you Ronin Hawkeye

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So why are the X-men in this one when Marvel vs Capcom Infinite couldn't get the go ahead for them???

I'm not complaining, but this game is going to do gangbusters because of the Marvel Hype. Hopefully alternate costumes are in this, looking at you Ronin Hawkeye
Literally just time.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

Marvel Infinite started development during the time Marvel Entertainment were blacklisting the Fox characters from their liscensed media. Afterwards they began to loosen the leash, especially with the X-Men/FF movie rights reverting back to Marvel Studios in lieu of the Disney-Fox merger.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also for all of you who say this is mcu based, here's irrefutable proof it's comic based(which has been obvious since day one)
6awjuLF.jpg

That's classic costume, helmetless Janet Van Dyne Wasp right there
Edit: for ref
latest

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That art style leaves a lot to desired, good lord.

Not based on the MCU is a mistake.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Even though I'm skeptical, I really hope they go all in on the Diablo style, loot and all. There are limitations to what you can do with cosmetics, but still.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Cool cover, but I really need to see more of this game before making a final decision to get it or wait. Loved the first 2 well, really the 1st one, the 2nd was okay.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Be interesting to see how good this is. Hope Squirrel Girl gets in.

Also for all of you who say this is mcu based, here's irrefutable proof it's comic based(which has been obvious since day one)
6awjuLF.jpg

That's classic costume, helmetless Janet Van Dyne Wasp right there
Edit: for ref
latest

Hawkeye is more based on his comic look too, but there has been non MCU designs from the get go with this game, so yeah.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty confident she'll have her usual size change stuff too. They had her full kit in Lego Marvel Superheroes 2.
Tbh I always felt like she should have some sort risk reward mechanic where she was special moves that turn her into non human stuff that have higher damage potential but lower her overall HP pool.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Even if costumes (and apparently Wasp's human identity) aren't directly based on MCU and other recent popular films, the superheroes themselves still seem to be almost exclusively based on that. I think Kamala/Ms. Marvel is now the first character so far not tied to a recent big name enterprise (MCU/X-Men/Deadpool/Spider-Verse)? I mean sure Crystal/Lockjaw are kinda pushing it because practically no one watched Inhumans, but it's still MCU! Also googling it, it looks like Feige said last year he plans to add Kamala into the MCU.

That said, I guess it makes sense to get the more mainstream names out in the open first to advertise and then quietly reveal some lesser known characters for the actual comics fans closer to release.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Give us playable Bucky Barnes and Falcon you cowards!!!

But honestly, I'm excited for this. I'm definitely going to have a lot of fun with it even if it's not the deepest game in the world.