• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Has Venom been explicitly confirmed as playable yet? He's on all the promo art and no other boss/villain is, IIRC.

I hope other villains end up being playable.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
when the school photographer tells you to smile

d6jyazhxoayclkoopk1s.jpeg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm what makes me happy is the poster means no preorder retailer exclusive characters or skins. I could see a deal like the piranha plant though

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
This game is shaping up nicely. I have good memories of the old ones back in the day. I'll probably wait for more in-depth impressions and the eventual reviews before deciding if this is a day 1 purchase.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I really like that poster. i wonder how big it will be. I'd like to frame one and hang it on the wall next to my Doom comics.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Eh Juggernaut isn't a team player in general. As an unplayable boss sure but if we're talking playable I'd say Magneto or Quicksilver are far more likely

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I can't stop thinking about this game.

Maybe it's all my Endgame hype that is making me thirsty for a MCU influenced game like this, maybe it's the lack of a Marvel game that has scratched an itch like this for me in a long time, maybe it's that I've recently played through Diablo 3 and it reminds me of my nostalgia of X-Men Legends back on the Gamecube, but my hype has started to grow exponentially for this game over the last week since I've been seeing Game Informer's coverage.

It just doesn't seem like a game like this should be able to exist and now I'm excited that it might not only be good, but be a Marvel throwback in a best way possible.

I hope the roster is huge with lots of costumes.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Maybe it's all my Endgame hype that is making me thirsty for a MCU influenced game like this, maybe it's the lack of a Marvel game that has scratched an itch like this for me in a long time, maybe it's that I've recently played through Diablo 3 and it reminds me of my nostalgia of X-Men Legends back on the Gamecube, but my hype has started to grow exponentially for this game over the last week since I've been seeing Game Informer's coverage.

It just doesn't seem like a game like this should be able to exist and now I'm excited that it might not only be good, but be a Marvel throwback in a best way possible.

I've literally avoided watching gameplay because I want to experience it in the game. And I can't help to keep thinking about it as well. This is easily my most anticipated release of the year. Even if TLoU2 comes out.

Will online gameplay be a thing? I'm torn how I'm gonna play this, I'd like to play with all my friends, but I'm the only one with a Nintendo Switch. :(

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've literally avoided watching gameplay because I want to experience it in the game. And I can't help to keep thinking about it as well. This is easily my most anticipated release of the year. Even if TLoU2 comes out.

Will online gameplay be a thing? I'm torn how I'm gonna play this, I'd like to play with all my friends, but I'm the only one with a Nintendo Switch. :(

Yep, it has split screen, local wireless and online.

above average

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I just remembered the only part of picking guys up I care about. Hulk (and maybe some others) using them as a weapon. This better be one of his moves or that's super disappointing.

redmambaxiii

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Pretty much this, as a fighting game fan the fact MVCI collapsed the way it did was... and the Avengers Square Enix game seems to be a 2021 game. The dialogue in this game already seems to be higher quality than most, so why not the quirky switch exclusive to save us from this Marvel drought

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Pretty much this, as a fighting game fan the fact MVCI collapsed the way it did was... and the Avengers Square Enix game seems to be a 2021 game. The dialogue in this game already seems to be higher quality than most, so why not the quirky switch exclusive to save us from this Marvel drought
Team Ninja asked for an actual editor writer from Marvel to handle the story because they were worried about doing it justice. Mark Sumerak has over ten years at marvel with quite a few of those as editor on avengers and writing a number of well received mini series

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Gwen looks good, and both the teleport move and the swing around are cool, but otherwise I'm really itching for some more creative moves that go beyond a beam/AoE spin/AoE smash/beserker barrage/powered up fists templates that a lot of the characters have.

Characters feeling too similar runs the risk of hurting this game a lot (especially without swappable moves), and I'm a bit concerned TBH because this is a big advantage of comic book IP. It seems like most characters have one really unique move and then a couple generic ones. It's not bad currently, and I may be prematurely jumping to conclusions, but I am kind of longing for some more unique powers.

It seems like Star-Lord, Scarlett Witch and maybe Miles/Cap/Storm have the most unique movesets, but I'm kinda longing to see something different like buffs, debuffs, or just more moves that behave differently.

I understand part of this is to make it so that casual players can swap between characters easily and not have to re-learn them entirely, and I think there's definitely value in that, but I feel some advanced combat mechanics are needed. Maybe it'll end up being like Castle Crashers where the depth is more in the enemies and environments, but still.

Dec 23, 2017
Guys. Fill me in on this game. How does it play? Do you just face horde after horde of enemies then a boss? You have to work together as a group of 4?

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Guys. Fill me in on this game. How does it play? Do you just face horde after horde of enemies then a boss? You have to work together as a group of 4?
It looks like it plays a lot like ultimate alliance 2. And in the podcast the gi guys said it played very similar. So I would check out YouTube videos of mua2 to give you an idea

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's like Mua1 which in Of itself is an action rpg in the Vein of Gauntlet and Diablo. You form a tram of 4 from a large group of marvel characters, each with four unique skill supers(one is unlocked every ten experience levels) and an extreme move. Your basic goal is to get through the level and beat the boss but there's various traps and puzzles you have to traverse and enemies to beat up.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
It's like Mua1 which in Of itself is an action rpg in the Vein of Gauntlet and Diablo. You form a tram of 4 from a large group of marvel characters, each with four unique skill supers(one is unlocked every ten experience levels) and an extreme move. Your basic goal is to get through the level and beat the boss but there's various traps and puzzles you have to traverse and enemies to beat up.

After replaying them both recently and warching the videos this seems like it's a little more like mua 2. Mua 1 didn't have a ton of enemies on screen. I can't remember more than a few times where it was more than 5 enemies. Mua 2 had 15+ constantly. This seems to be more mua 2 with more weaker mobs to blow through where 1 had fewer but slightly tougher enemies.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Im mostly sold on this game, but I feel like I need to see more of the environments to know if I'll like it.

The game informer footage seems to be mainly a big empty battle arena. The old MUA/X-men Legends games were never THAT detailed, but I still liked exploring the Diablo style maps and smashing stuff like the walls and containers for extra coins.

Dec 23, 2017
That's how it worked in the previous games.
Thank you guys. As a big marvel fan I'm going to pick this up. The kids and I should have a blast.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Im mostly sold on this game, but I feel like I need to see more of the environments to know if I'll like it.

The game informer footage seems to be mainly a big empty battle arena. The old MUA/X-men Legends games were never THAT detailed, but I still liked exploring the Diablo style maps and smashing stuff like the walls and containers for extra coins.

The main thing we have seen is the infinity trials plus a couple boss fights. Which have always been in the smaller closed off areas.

Oct 26, 2017
That Spider-Gwen webbing wrecking ball is awesome, and it makes me want to use her. If you can aim it, then she's making the team.