• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops
4. Call of Duty: World at War
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

The Elder Scrolls
1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
3. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
4. The Elder Scrolls Online
5. The Elder Scrolls: Arena

Final Fantasy
1. Final Fantasy X
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Final Fantasy VIII
5. Final Fantasy XV

Mario
1. Super Mario World
2. Super Mario 64
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Super Mario Sunshine
5. Super Mario Odyssey

Persona
1. Persona 5
2. Persona 4
3. Persona 3
4. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
5. Persona 4: Dancing All Night
5. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Souls-like
1. Bloodborne
2. Dark Souls
3. Demon's Souls
4. Dark Souls III
5. Dark Souls II

Uncharted
1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
3. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/04/14/game-informer-readers-favorite-games-of-popular-series

Didn't expect that Mario and FF placement.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where is Galaxy for Mario? And why the hell is Lost Legacy the lowest Uncharted?

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
What. But I thought no one liked Final Fantasy XV. :]
Also FF X #1 like how it should be.

Edit: Sunshine above the Galaxy games. Didn't see that at first.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Don't think I've ever seen FFX rank higher than FFVII in any aggregated popularity poll. Cool stuff.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OK I really like Super Mario Sunshine but ranking it as the no 2 3D Mario game is some nonsense.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I guess people whose first Mario was Sunshine are now old enough to feel strong nostalgia for it.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to see how well the recent games did. FFXV/Odyssey in the top 5, while Skyrim/P5/UC4 all got #1 (ESO is more recent than Skyrim, but it's not called ESVI). CoD is the only list without the most recent game in the series on it.

For the talk people make about Skyrim being far worse than Morrowind or the like, they still did really well.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
tenor.gif

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Mario and Final Fantasy results are going to make for an epic thread.

COD list seems good, surprised that Oblivion is above Morrowind. I'd change that to Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim personally.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
The lack of people who view Morrowind as the best Elder Scrolls makes me sad

Mario and Final Fantasy results are going to make for an epic thread.

COD list seems good, surprised that Oblivion is above Morrowind. I'd change that to Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim personally.

I'd put Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion, but that's just me.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The top 3 CoDs are exactly as I expected, but other than the extreme gore and Gary Oldman performance, World at War was always well behind CoD1/UO and 2 for me. But it did come immediately after the game that introduced most people to the series.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Never expected Mario Odyssey below Sunshine... though I kind of agree. And Galaxy even below that?

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
That Uncharted list is a fucking atrocity. Uncharted 2 & 3 shit on Uncharted 4 from a great height.The TES list is also an atrocity. Oblivion is better than Rim

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Sunshine being there while Galaxy isn't on the list is insane. Hard disagree with that list.

At least they got the Souls ranking right, even more proof that BB should've won instead of TW3.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
The lack of people who view Morrowind as the best Elder Scrolls makes me sad

I'd put Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion, but that's just me.

I'm okay with any ES list that has Morrowind on top! My second place boils down to the fact I managed to finish the main quest for Oblivion but never did the same in Skyrim.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
X is indeed the best FF and the best game of all time, XII should be second, seeing XV there sure goes against the narrative that some are trying to push about people not liking it, I'd personally put it at 3.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I'm okay with any ES list that has Morrowind on top! My second place boils down to the fact I managed to finish the main quest for Oblivion but never did the same in Skyrim.
I can feel that. Storywise, I felt Oblivion was much better than Skyrim. But there's too much that Oblivion has against it for me to personally put it above Skyrim.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Where is Super Mario Galaxy?
I LOVED that game and it's one of the best games of my life, but didn't like Sunshine that much. I know it's only an opinion, but the absence of Galaxy surprised me!