• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another one, though by definition, mercifully the last one.

It's not just fans who hated the finale for Game of Thrones- the episode sits at 48% on Rotten Tomatoes, which makes it the second lowest rated episode in the series (behind only The Bells, which is at 47%). The average rating is 6.4/10.

In Rotten Tomatoes' own words, this ends the series with a whimper, and Season 8 now ends as the only season of the show to not be certified fresh, due to four of the five lowest rated episodes in the series' run being from it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 5129

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Second half of the episode rekindled my love for GoT, mainly because all of that stuff came from GRRM and I was super happy with the end-state of the series

the first half though.. rushed and poorly executed as always.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Second half of the episode rekindled my love for GoT, mainly because all of that stuff came from GRRM and I was super happy with the end-state of the series

I refuse to believe George wrote or even inspired Tyrion's mind-numbingly awful speech in the council. Or the Small Council scene that was just bad jokes.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Season 8 was pure trash but it was obvious they didnt want to do it justice and do proper season. Just be done with it and forget lmao. Too many unresolved things,half asses resolutions for some etc it was shit. Wish they waited few years to make it justice

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
While rabid fandom brigade attack teams manipulate a number on the internet, the rest of society has moved on to whatever they'll watch next

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Heard a guy at the gym yesterday going on and on about how the internet is really pissed off but that it was just because the internet is full of nerds. Haha.

Hahaha internet nerds lmao hahaha : same dude spending his time on video gaming forum in year of 2019.
Just copy this shit who complains about internet nerds : Daily Reminder you are also a internet nerd unless you are hiding from us your celebrity status.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Opinions are not proof.

I wasn't a big fan of how it ended either, but metrics are all subjective.

Rotten Tomatoes is used as both an echo chamber and an invalidation at the same time. Sometimes it's used as a socio-political tool too, depending on any given group's agenda.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mainly because all of that stuff came from GRRM and I was super happy with the end-state of the series
What ? No.
While rabid fandom brigade attack teams manipulate a number on the internet, the rest of society has moved on to whatever they'll watch next
Yeah a hundred critics is rabid fandom brigade
Opinions are not proof.

Rotten Tomatoes is used as both an echo chamber and an invalidation at the same time. Sometimes it's used as a socio-political tool too, depending on any given group's agenda.
Lmao what a load of nonsense

Oct 26, 2017
Yawn.... internet complains and we move on. Rinse and Repeat.
It's more like...yawn in general. There are complainers offline and online. The problem is...who the shit cares what others think? If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. It's so strange how many people want to feel validated for their opinions. It's an opinion. It doesn't need to be validated. Move on, folks.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if they ended This series during Season 7 with a full 10 episodes like D&D wanted originally. 3 whole episodes less than we got right now.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
It's more like...yawn in general. There are complainers offline and online. The problem is...who the shit cares what others think? If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. It's so strange how many people want to feel validated for their opinions. It's an opinion. It doesn't need to be validated. Move on, folks.

If you dont care what other peoples think why you are in a critiics review thread ? Jesus some of you doing everything to defend this shithole. According to you critics should be jobless and homeless

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Opinions are not proof.

It's true.

I wish there was some sort of resource that could aggregate opinions so that we could see the trends in many different peoples' opinions. If there could be like one for professional critics, and one for regular people, that could help give more context too.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
It's just the same thing every time a popular series ends. Yeah they show could have been much cleaner in the 6 episodes that ran this season. But what are you going to do.
People who like to discuss media will talk about it and argue their opinions, and casual fans will move on.

Why talk about anything after it's over?

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To put this in context, these are the RT critics scores for all episodes up to 8.4

mlxe22y7u4x21.png

8.5 has 47%
8.6 has 48%

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously critics just stanned for Daenerys, not that the writing in the second half of the finale was nonsensical

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if they ended This series during Season 7 with a full 10 episodes like D&D wanted originally. 3 whole episodes less than we got right now.

In retrospect I wish they had. The largest production in TV history and they're working from CW scripts. Just a waste of time for thousands of talented people.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another one, though by definition, mercifully the last one.

It's not just fans who hated the finale for Game of Thrones- the episode sits at 48% on Rotten Tomatoes, which makes it the second lowest rated episode in the series (behind only The Bells, which is at 47%). The average rating is 6.4/10.

In Rotten Tomatoes' own words, this ends the series with a whimper, and Season 8 now ends as the only season of the show to not be certified fresh, due to four of the five lowest rated episodes in the series' run being from it.

there alot of reviewers who compared Dany to Hilary previously and disliked her turn lol

plow

Oct 28, 2017
"Why do you guys discuss review scores of the biggest TV Show ever on an online forum?"

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Opinions are not proof.

yeah, just following the sentiment.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017

If that put them ending at the Battle of Winterfell, even with the Night King winning, it probably would've been better received.

A final theme of "mankind's endless backstabbing and bickering dooms us all" would have been better than... whatever the thing we got is supposed to be.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To put this in context, these are the RT critics scores for all episodes up to 8.4

mlxe22y7u4x21.png

8.5 has 47%
8.6 has 48%

Check another low episode in s5? reason for it? the story of a female character....... Just stand out of it, like a miracle the previous and next episode were great LOL

Same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.