• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Season 7 and 8 really should have just been full seasons. It wouldn't fix every problem, but it could help fix a lot of them.

I can't see them acting on this petition. If they do anything they might go back and shoot some more and remix the season with some new additional scenes
which would admittedly be cool

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
It isn't hard to see why this petition is utterly stupid. Petitions are typically reserved for political statements, using one for a piece of entertainment that does nothing but throw a middle finger at a couple of people whose work you don't like is petulant and immature.

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, because I don't think the season is bad enough to warrant this kind of reaction.

Are people this upset at Dany going mad queen? It didn't come out of nowhere.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, because I don't think the season is bad enough to warrant this kind of reaction.

People are being really ducking weird about this season imo. I have a friend who cancelled a GoT finale he's been planning for over a month and even reserved the space in his apartment complex because of Jaime. Dude doesn't read the books either, so for the life of me I couldn't understand his arguments. I'm just assuming he went online and got lost in the backlash echo chamber.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017

I feel like this video does a great job explaining that particular point and why people are so upset. Most people aren't upset about the plot point, but what lead to it. The video compares other moments in the series that are similar but put in the work. It also isn't made by a seething Daenerys stan or anything, it tries to remain unbiased.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

It's not that bad. I don't think anyone's claiming the show is perfect but the negative reactions have been so hyperbolic.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are being really ducking weird about this season imo. I have a friend who cancelled a GoT finale he's been planning for over a month and even reserved the space in his apartment complex because of Jaime. Dude doesn't read the books either, so for the life of me I couldn't understand his arguments. I'm just assuming he went online and got lost in the backlash echo chamber.

Or you know, people can have opinions and decide they're disappointed.

Some of you are really trying to dismiss the backlash. It's real and even at my work, which is an elementary school, all my coworkers were pretty disappointed. This one girl who is a big stan says she's hoping the finale makes up for it, but this is Lost levels of fucked up.

Unless the finale can redeem the show, last few episodes ruined it for me. And I'm willing to put up with a lot of shit, like still watching the Walking Dead. I'm not making online petitions or trying to find D&D's address, but I'll complain about it on the forums or social media. That's the point of those places for discussion.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

This is what happens when you look for meaning in disposable pop culture.

Honestly, everyone freaking out about the ending of the series, truncated because the actors didn't want to do it anymore and HBO didn't want to pay for it anymore, get what they deserve.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, everyone freaking out about the ending of the series, truncated because the actors didn't want to do it anymore and HBO didn't want to pay for it anymore, get what they deserve.
That's not what happened, though. It's rushed because the writers wanted to be done. HBO wanted to go longer, and I haven't seen anything that makes it seem that the actors wanted out.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is what happens when you look for meaning in disposable pop culture.

HBO wanted more, not less.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's not what happened, though. It's rushed because the writers wanted to be done. HBO wanted to go longer, and I haven't seen anything that makes it seem that the actors wanted out.

HBO is keeping it. But I've read that it has gotten incredibly expensive and a recent quote from cast members was "we're sick and tired of doing it".

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Really now? I mean come on, I'm not thrilled with how it's been going either but people take this kind of stuff waaaaay too seriously. It's a work of fiction, get over it.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Or you know, people can have opinions and decide they're disappointed.

Some of you are really trying to dismiss the backlash. It's real and even at my work, which is an elementary school, all my coworkers were pretty disappointed. This one girl who is a big stan says she's hoping the finale makes up for it, but this is Lost levels of fucked up.

Unless the finale can redeem the show, last few episodes ruined it for me. And I'm willing to put up with a lot of shit, like still watching the Walking Dead. I'm not making online petitions or trying to find D&D's address, but I'll complain about it on the forums or social media. That's the point of those places for discussion.
I never said he was wrong for his opinions. My contention is with him nuking his plans for a finale viewing after all the setup(which involves myself and many others making explicit plans for this and it's done only a few days before and the only reason he can come up with his hating the show after Jaime. That's a bit fucking much to me. No one's stopping him.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
The actors have spent a decade on this show. They've gotten tired of the travel, long shoots, dying their hair, overall time commitment etc. The cast is clearly smarter than Constance Wu but I don't think they'd be happy spending another 2-5 years wrapping up the show.

Oct 27, 2017

It's not, but right now those who are determined to be outraged are piling on and the hyperbole has reached a fever pitch. People think it's cool to overreact.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I see my efforts of reducing my caring after episode 4 payed off since I was pretty much fine with how everything went =I

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
The actors have spent a decade on this show. They've gotten tired of the travel, long shoots, dying their hair, overall time commitment etc. The cast is clearly smarter than Constance Wu but I don't think they'd be happy spending another 2-5 years wrapping up the show.
another 2-5 years? I think non truncated final seasons would have been plenty of time for everything to not feel rushed. This season has felt like a wikipedia recounting of big plot points. "and then, and then, and then" No room to breath. No buildup for actions. Things just happen.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
image_from_ios.jpg

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I just don't understand why Benioff/Weiss wanted to end the show with only 6 episodes...

If they wanted to go to do another thing faster (SW trilogy), they could have given the show to other people

GOT S8 is really disappointing because all feel rushed and it's sad

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017

Same. It's definitely a rushed and weak (outside of the spectacle) season, but it's nowhere near the worst tv finales out there, and definitely not as bad as the backlash is making it seem. It's got great ideas executed poorly, the same broad strokes of the season drawn out longer over two seasons would have made for excellent television, but alas we're stuck with the compressed version that doesn't quite stick the landing.

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just want GRRM to come out and say "This was based on my notes" so we can all realize most things that are good have lackluster endings and be done with it.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want GRRM to come out and say "This was based on my notes" so we can all realize most things that are good have lackluster endings and be done with it.
He won't. He hates d&d and doesn't give a shit about this show anymore. He's working on like 3 different spinoff right now with hbo.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I don't really watch it, just catch some of what my wife watches, but I've felt the last few ones with the war and stuff seemed 'off' or rushed or something, so I can see why some hardcore fans would be unhappy. Like you're going to build a story for years then just kill all these important people, change everything and wrap it up in a few episodes? Lol ok

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I mean not only the fans but also critics are pissed

Critics criticize and make their opinions known because it's their job, and their platform is specifically for entertainment and doesn't overlap with a platform that is supposed to be used for political activism.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Same. It's definitely a rushed and weak (outside of the spectacle) season, but it's nowhere near the worst tv finales out there, and definitely not as bad as the backlash is making it seem. It's got great ideas executed poorly, the same broad strokes of the season drawn out longer over two seasons would have made for excellent television, but alas we're stuck with the compressed version that doesn't quite stick the landing.

Lol. Thats basically how I've been viewing the last 2 seasons. Like D&D were just adapting the Wikipedia summary of the story with a lot of spectacle added in to fill in the gaps.

I'm in the "Great Ideas executed poorly" vs "Everything since season 5 has been out of character trash" camp.

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
I think the idea of a petition to reboot the season is absolutely silly and childish, but I can see why people are deeply disappointing with this season. Last season's avengers team up to convince Cersei, the least trusting person in the world, was my personal final straw, but this season has been a further downward spiral.

Are people getting a bit too worked up over their disappointment? yes, its not the end of the world. Unfortunately, I see a lot of GOT stans downplaying people's justified unhappiness with the show as ridiculous. We don't deserve this show? Get out of here. You can like this show as much as you want, and I can be just as disappointing as I want to be. Its not jumping on the bandwagon. I'm not so stupid I can't form my own opinions. Popular consensus has not forced me to throw my hands in the air when I think things just don't make any sense.

They simply have not adapted this ending well. You're all free to disagree.

Oct 27, 2017
Season 7 and 8 really should have just been full seasons. It wouldn't fix every problem, but it could help fix a lot of them.

I can't see them acting on this petition. If they do anything they might go back and shoot some more and remix the season with some new additional scenes
which would admittedly be cool
HBO won't even acknowledge this petition. And why would they? They don't need to validate a bunch of babies throwing a conniption fit.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought there were dumb things about the episode but ultimately, TV is meant to entertain and I was entertained the whole time.

I can't BELIEVE how up in arms people are over something so trivial. I think I'll watch the final episode this Sunday and then not read any feedback from anyone.

I am happy the show is ending. Sick of hearing about it at this point.

Even though I'm sad the show's ending, this is where I'm at too.

The people who have to complain about everything, and make it a point not to enjoy anything, in any medium of entertainment, are determined to suck the joy from everything.

Jun 26, 2018
Lmao it will break half a million in probably a half hour or hour

Maybe if the actors, company and fans are willing, we'll get a remake of GoT with a SW and MCU crossover, directed and written by Ben Shapiro.

What are you trying to get at? That remakes shouldn't be allowed? Like there somehow isn't a million remakes every year? Also don't know how Ben Shapiro is related to this, but fuck him.