• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
What an embarrassment. Anyone signing this in earnest should have their internet privileges revoked.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Other than the millions of times she impulsively threatened to burn cities to the ground, before her advisors (none of whom are still around, except Tyrion whom she no longer trusts) told her that wouldn't be a good idea

If we're going down the ''foreshadowing'' route than Arya displayed a lot more morally questionable behaviour in the past, but she's riding a white horse now to show how pure and innocent she is.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
No one - even the petitioners (at least the sane ones) - expects a do over of S8.
Of course not. It just frustrated people looking for places to vent without actually sitting down and articulating what they are mad about or why they feel this way.

I suspect many are also bandwagoning off the hate fest, people who saw this coming since season 5 are probably taking it all in their stride. It's like not acknowledging the tidal wave that is staring you in the face until it finally hits you and you don't know how to react cause it all happened so fast.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
700k now lol. This thing is gonna hit a million by Saturday morning.

Marvellous, hopefully it reaches 2 million on Monday.

NecessaryCoarseGreatdane-size_restricted.gif

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
It was bad. Real bad. But I'm not asking for it to be remade. I'll just keep talking shit about it.

for non book readers there was no real foreshadowing of this.

Only if you haven't been paying attention to her previous actions & words.

It's like every Dany fan has chosen to ignore her very clear tendencies toward violence against those who oppose or show the slightest hint of disloyalty and also ignore that she's:

Lost 2 children
Watched her bestie be decapitated
Been let down repeatedly by her Hand
Lost the closest thing to a father figure
Been betrayed by my one of her closest advisors & sorta BF
Burning the Tarley's for not bending the knee
Found out the destiny she's been promised actually belongs to her sorta BF
Varys expressing doubts about her since Meereen and explicitly stating that Jorah, Tyrion & himself (and later to Jon) were there to prevent exactly this kind of thing happening.

Big mismatches between headcanon and the character as written, which is on people watching the show not the show itself.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
If we're going down the ''foreshadowing'' route than Arya displayed a lot more morally questionable behaviour in the past, but she's riding a white horse now to show how pure and innocent she is.

No one is signing petitions about Arya, and despite the white horse we all know exactly what she is.

And FWIW GoT has what, 300m people watching globally? 1m signatories is .3% of that audience.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its all selective and double standards to prop up bad writing. Like the show seems to have forgotten Cersi is actually the bad guy on the show and has been for 7.5 seasons.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
hmm I've been hearing that horse described as ashen. As in the ashen horse that death rides in the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Its all selective and double standards to prop up bad writing. Like the show seems to have forgotten Cersi is actually the bad guy on the show and has been for 7.5 seasons.
And the hero killed the bad guy! Aren't you happy?

:P

---
This petition only cements my enjoyment of the entirety of the back half of this series. Yes, even season 5, which i actually really dug on rewatch. Theyve done everything i wanted them to do, and the refused to soften the blow by making big turns seem somewhat justified or big victories seem unambiguously positive.

These past two seasons have taken on a more "legendary" feeling due to the pacing, where these people weve followed as theyve grown are now doing the big things that will be thought of as their defining moments, the iconic scenes of this period of history. This style of storytelling and cinematography began with Cersei's plot to destroy the sept, and it's continued in that mode ever since. I like the expectation that i can see a scene cut locations without assuming teleporting happened.

Hyped for the finale.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
The episode was absolutely fine (minus Euron). We just needed some more episodes between 3 and 5. More build up. Dany thinking "fuck this" was fine. The foreshadowing was always there and you can even easily fill in the arch if you watched and have the tiniest bit of comprehensive talent. D&D should have made more episodes so different characters had a better wrap up and a better build up towards episode 5. They need to make ep 4 into three episodes . EP 4 was the bad one. Sunday is the finale and your last chance to parttake in this mass hysteria event. HAve fun because it will all be forgotten two days later when people will hop onto the next internet event. You included.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017

It's like every Dany fan has chosen to ignore her very clear tendencies toward violence against those who oppose or show the slightest hint of disloyalty and also ignore that she's:

Lost 2 children
Varys expressing doubts about her since Meereen and explicitly stating that Jorah, Tyrion & himself (and later to Jon) were there to prevent exactly this kind of thing happening.

Big mismatches between headcanon and the character as written, which is on people watching the show not the show itself.

Don't forget she was ignored at a party. That was a big clue for her motivation to go on the biggest murder rampage in the history of Westeros.

That time she didn't care that her maniac brother who abused her died? Truly a cataclysmic event of epic proportions.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
Didn't it take her father decades to go mad? And after a bunch of ptsd in the books? Dany is what like 20?

Lol this was so badly done.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

Lost 2 children

There's a giant leap between what we've seen her do in the past and committing senseless genocide. I don't have a problem with them going down the mad queen route but the way they got there makes no fucking sense. They keep trying to compare her to the mad king but that completely fails since we know that he was hallucinating and shit like that for years before he actually went mad.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
He jokes but that's when the insane start making death threats
Yeah people are fucking crazy...
Imagine how these people would react if they just had their child murdered, seen their best friend being decapitated in front of them and have been betrayed by everybody around them, ;P. But seriously, people are scary.
It goes both ways probably. Worst thing, after monday everybody will have moved on to the next thing.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah people are fucking crazy...
Imagine how these people would react if they just had their child murdered, seen their best friend being decapitated in front of them and have been betrayed by everybody around them, ;P. But seriously, people are scary.
It goes both ways probably. Worst thing, after monday everybody will have moved on to the next thing.

people will forget it by monday, after the finale of arguably the most popular tv show ever?.. I'm sure that's not happening.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Dany goes truly insane in the books. Because here she's barely at the level of your medieval ruler of they had WMDs. That's what this fandom deserves.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The worst thing is that even within this last episode the twist could've made narrative sense. What if she had gone straight to the Red Keep and had burned all the people crowded in front of and in the Red Keep because they were in the way between her and Cersei and she was just so crazed by revenge that she didn't care for collateral? That would've been way better than her murdering innocent men, women and children just because
There's quite a few fan versions on Reddit that I find more palatable, such as the one where Rhaegal survives the previous episode and is killed in this one with a ballista firing after the surrender, then the confused people cheer seeing the horrible invader beast struck down and Daenerys goes apeshit.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
If HBO said "yeah, ok you're right let's remake it!" - Are people expecting them to be able to do it all over again on a big budget with all the same cast? This nonsense is laughable and not even a remote possibility. Get your frustrations out by slagging the ending off on a message board or social media, but this kind of thing is silly. Long running TV shows have often fizzled out, GoT isn't unique.

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So many petitions for a lot of stupid stuff nowdays. Come on... its just a TV show. Nothing special. If they ruin the ending, thats their fault. We cant change it.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
People are still talking about Lost's ending. "Lost" and "Lindelof" are basically adjective at this point.
Lost's ending is in a completely different level of bad than GOT S7-8. At least the things that have occurred in GOT could have been fashioned into something spectacular if spaced out, paced properly and given breathing room, the Lost ending was just bafflingly utter stupidity down to it's conceptual level and would remain so even if they heavily modified it. S8 of Thrones at least conceptually is sound, they just horrifically botched the landing.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
GoT is like eating one of the best steaks you ever had in your life but the last bite had poop on it. You'll mostly remember the poop bite. That will probably be GoTs legacy.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
How dare fans ask for high standards!
Usually hardcorefans = dorks

And this case is a prime example alongside TLJ.

People should just accept their vision and let go of their own expectations. These guys are professionals and have been doing this for ages, so they absolutely know what they are doing.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018

People should just accept their vision and let go of their own expectations. These guys are professionals and have been doing this for ages, so they absolutely know what they are doing.
surely hardcore fans are equally people who love something no matter what and insist it can't be bad because they love it?

NottJim

Animation Programmer
Verified
Oct 30, 2017

Another reading of the "white horse" imagery could be "pale horse".

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

Arya has symbolically become Death, and I would bet that Daenerys will meet her Death next episode.

Or maybe it was just a cool camera shot and doesn't have great significance, but where is the fun in that :)

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Another reading of the "white horse" imagery could be "pale horse".

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

Arya has symbolically become Death, and I would bet that Daenerys will meet her Death next episode.

Or maybe it was just a cool camera shot and doesn't have great significance, but where is the fun in that :)
The horse was 100% symbolism for the "pale mare"/death that was also referenced in the books though not for Arya but as a name for dysentary.

It's a couple Meereen chapters with Dany first proclaiming herself immune to the "Pale Mare" because of her believing bullshit fairy tails of her heritage which only later in IIRC her last ADWD chapter she's contracted it.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This season is rushed. There's a starbucks cup in episode 4 and a promo image of Jamie hand in episode 5 for god sake.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
GoT is like eating one of the best steaks you ever had in your life but the last bite had poop on it. You'll mostly remember the poop bite. That will probably be GoTs legacy.
It's more like you were served the best steak of your life but you couldn't chew the last few pieces because you cut them with the grain instead of against, so you threw a giant temper tantrum against the chef because you couldn't figure out how to properly eat the food he served you.