• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
they are right. they are wrapping up too fast... they need to get rid of Sansa's line about no longer being a little bird, get rid of the fake romance between Jamie and brienne(they are simply and always have been friends).

Literally jon didn't fly Rheagal
only because rheagal was supposed to die.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
would you guys actually like an anime thats was a direct adaptation of the books? i would. i'd love it even more if it was advent children style animation.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Can't wait for HBO to release the Game of Thrones Season 8: Extended Cut DLC. /s

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
that's why we hope brotherhood is animated

Seriously the time money and effort that went on behind the scenes borders on crazy

We may be hitting the limits of cinema creation unless we find better ways to deliver practical movie magic that looks anywhere near as convincing

Even if you dislike how things turned out dont take it out on the rest of them. Praise is still due where its due for this series

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
lmao the show has been middling since like Season 5. Not to be a dick, but I don't understand how you can be a fan of this show without noticing the decline in quality. After they announced that seasons 7 and 8 would be comprised of 13 episodes, it seemed pretty clear to me that GoT was going to end in disappointment.

YliuKJ7.png

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Nah this season has been perfect. The memes have been incredible, and I don't want to live in a world where this season didn't happen. Do you know how many hours I would have wasted rewatching this series if they knocked season 8 out of the water? Or how much money I would have spent buying the eventual 4K set of the whole thing? Thank you D&D for coming through and looking out for me.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao the show has been middling since like Season 5. Not to be a dick, but I don't understand how you can be a fan of this show without noticing the decline in quality. After they announced that seasons 7 and 8 would be comprised of 13 episodes, it seemed pretty clear to me that GoT was going to end in disappointment.
5/6 were fine- it's clear that book 6 is basically done in terms of plot, outline, etc. and is just in GRRM's endless revision phase.

Meanwhile, Book 7 only has a plot outline, so everything just went off the rails when the writers had to figure out how to do it themselves.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Welp, now because of stuff like this the shows defenders will get to label its detractors as " angry nerds" / " sorry it didn't match your head canon" . Sigh

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This is a very stupid petition, and emblematic of fandom at it's worst - claiming creative ownership over an artistic work, and insisting that they 'know best' simply based on adoration for the work.

That said, I do wonder if HBO would be open to shooting additional episodes to flesh out seasons 7 & 8. The main issue is that they clearly lacked enough time with their main characters to have believable arcs over this period - which is the rare narrative problem that can be solved with addition. If HBO genuinely feels like the reception of S8 is so toxic that it decreases the lifetime value of their biggest show - I genuinely think they'd consider it. It'd be a complete logistical nightmare, and involve some pricey contracts - but weirder things have happened.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Don't worry, I hear that fantasy writer George Martin is writing books based on the show.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Signed. And I have been enjoying this season despite the trash writing. I am happy with the spectacle and overall direction the story took. I plan on reading the books when GRRM releases the next one.

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ridiculous to say the very least...

only a dumbass would think Dany wouldnt do that. From the beginning its clear Dany has an edge to her that just keep getting worse the closer she gets to kings landing. Missandei´s death was the tipping point.

she killed hundreds of people in marreen just because she thought they were bad (which we find later that isnt the case) and didnt had any remorses

watch the fuckin show with attention...

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Ridiculous to say the very least...

only a dumbass would think Dany wouldnt do that. From the beginning its clear Dany has an edge to her that just keep getting worse the closer she gets to kings landing. Missandei´s death was the tipping point.

she killed hundreds of people in marreen just because she thought they were bad (which we find later that isnt the case) and didnt had any remorses

watch the fuckin show with attention...
They ah, were slavers. How were they not bad?

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Down the line I could definitely see a big budget movie trilogy when the books are done. I mean they're remaking everything these days and GoT is a massive property regardless.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they create an animated version of the series that is much closer to the source material. That would be interesting. I have always felts that the show was rushed after season 4. I feel like there are many interesting plots and character arcs that are missing from the show.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
These people need to get a fucking life. Create something of your own instead of obsessing this much about a show, it would be a better use of your time.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
World is literally burning to our imminent demise, but dammit if we don't start on a petition on getting a do over on the last season of a TV show.

Fuck humanity needs to just be done with itself. Sooner the better. It's priorities are insane.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH, never stop internet'ing internet!

"As a loyal viewer, I feel they owe me."

They don't owe us shit. I do think it's stupid that the only people that wanted this season to be so short were the two writers. It's not like HBO wanted to give up these viewer numbers.

World is literally burning to our imminent demise, but dammit if we don't start on a petition on getting a do over on the last season of a TV show.

Fuck humanity needs to just be done with itself. Sooner the better. It's priorities are insane.

The amount of times I've seen the 'starving kids in Africa' fallacy is sort of amazing. It's okay to go crazy over a TV show (not to the level of people posting the writers' addresses or whatever). There are also thousands of petitions to get Congress to do their jobs. It's not like you can only create one petition or something :).

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
So I said in the GoT thread that it felt like ME3 ending all over again, with a deus ex machina to stop the lovecraftian horror, followed by anger over the fate of people's waifu or other favorite character.

Now the circle is complete.