• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not saying this is the solution but when the actors from GOT are not even happy with S8 lmao

I bet they all would love to redo it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
d79.gif

This gif is awesome and really useful.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I will counter with a petition for HBO to neglect this petition and applaud them for finally making Dany somehow interesting.

Peace

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah this is ridic

it does get me thinking though, there will be inevitable "fan edits" that will be hailed as amazing whether they actually are or not, to "prove their point"

I wonder if I would have it in me to tackle. would take months and many many gigs. but might be a fun side project.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
ClassicPastArcherfish-small.gif

I also signed it 14,000 times

maybe

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The books are never going to be finished so there's no way they're remaking the show again.

They're better off making more spin-offs to expand the universe, a lot of it canon to the show. GOT Season 8 has felt small.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don't really have a problem with the petition existing or people signing it. Something like this can come off as petty and entitled. But the petition isn't a contract, it isn't going to force anyone to do anything no matter how many signatures it gets. It's meant as a proof of how many people want this and are disappointed. It's for the artists to decide how to react to that.

The level of effort it takes to sign this petition is very little, so mistakingly thinking that there's a huge level of outrage from some of the signers is not entirely accurate. Some people might see this, think "yeah it sucks, I'd like to see it better" sign it, and move on.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Put my vote down for "Really? The white chick who was posing like she was on some BS Africa service trip is actually an imperalist who supports war crimes? I find this fact utterly impossible to fathom and may require an entirely new brain to replace this one, which is clearly and obviously defective"

Daenyrus.png

A friend the other day pointed out this kind of picture is for white girls on social media what "shirtless with a fish" is for white dudes, and I can't see it any other way any more.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also season 8 is just bad and no one is actually defending this. Can't blame anyone wanting the season to be remade.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
GoT s1 : Dany burns someone
GoT s2 : Dany burns more people
GoT s3 : Dany burns more people
GoT s4 : Dany crucifies people
GoT s5 : Dany burns more people
GoT s6 : Dany burns more people
GoT s7 : Dany burns more people

Fans: I sleep.

GoT s8 : Dany burns people.

Fans: Oooo noooooo! CHARACTER ASSASINATION

If only... someone had warned them...

3e2c5fc.jpg
People keep going around saying this shit, but I have a feeling they haven't really been paying attention. Ask yourself, who were the people she burnt in S1-7? Were any of them random innocent civilians? No, they were not. Context matters.

I mean she locked up her dragons after one of them killed a kid, ffs.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
People keep going around saying this shit, but I have a feeling they haven't really been paying attention. Ask yourself, who were the people she burnt in S1-7? Were any of them random innocent civilians? No, they were not. Context matters.

How do you know that little kid who got lit up in KL wouldn't eventually grow up to own slaves?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
This is so hilarious. I suppose they can go ahead and have their outrage while the rest us just shake our heads.
I now ignore GoT threads like I ignore Star Wars and Star Trek threads. Fandom taking this kind of stuff waaaay too seriously is just ridiculous to me.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is kinda funny, and sad. And I say that as someone who thinks season 8 has dropped the ball so hard it's currently en route to the Earth's core.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Season 9:

Bran awakens from a vision.

"Phew, that was weird. I need to get out of this cave and head back to Winterfell"

Amnixia

â–² Legend â–²
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

If people get to make silly nonsensical internet petitions then I get to make silly nonsensical jokes about those people.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Yikes, the hubris of media fandom.

Those petitioning to have hundreds of people forced to remake some bullshit because they didn't like it need to grow the fuck up and move on with life, like those who make the show wanted to do 3 years ago.

The internet had a totalitarian problem.

They need to quit being slaves to the fallocy of sunk costs.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: oops, sorry, hit post by accident.

Guess I can say petitions like this seem pointless to me, really adds to thread.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
This might be the first online petition like this that I agree with. It's unbelievable just how badly they dropped the ball in the final season. First time I've seen people react to character deaths with "Wait, really?"

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This might be the first online petition like this that I agree with. It's unbelievable just how badly they dropped the ball in the final season. First time I've seen people react to character deaths with "Wait, really?"

So, honest question in response to your honesty: why do you think you have any right at all to ask these creators to "redo" their art?

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Jeez, even though this petition is probably not going to accomplish it's goal of a reshoot, at least it allows for another way for dissatisfied fans to voice their concerns.

What really surprises me is so many posters here bagging on these fans. "Waste of time." Lol why don't some of you show some empathy. The actors themselves know it's bullshit but some of you want to pretend this is actually some great ending with completely adequate writing and nothing but butt hurt super fans not getting the ending they want.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
This is so hilarious. I suppose they can go ahead and have their outrage while the rest us just shake our heads.
I now ignore GoT threads like I ignore Star Wars and Star Trek threads. Fandom taking this kind of stuff waaaay too seriously is just ridiculous to me.
This is literally the only GOT thread from the past several weeks that I haven't immediately hit the ignore thread button on because the vitriol and outrage (while...mostly deserved) has just ramped up to absurd proportions that any sort of conversation is impossible, and the only reason why I didn't ignore this thread was because I wanted to make yet another joke at GRRM's expense

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
GoT s1 : Dany burns someone
GoT s2 : Dany burns more people
GoT s3 : Dany burns more people
GoT s4 : Dany crucifies people
GoT s5 : Dany burns more people
GoT s6 : Dany burns more people
GoT s7 : Dany burns more people

Fans: I sleep.

GoT s8 : Dany burns people.

Fans: Oooo noooooo! CHARACTER ASSASINATION

If only... someone had warned them...

3e2c5fc.jpg

This is an incredibly stupid oversimplification of what went down.

A small fraction of the fans theorized that she might turn evil (book readers mostly). Now that it happened in a totally nonsensical and lazy way, everyone and their mother comes out of the woodwork to tell fans they saw it a mile away

"Did you know she didnt pay off that parking ticket back in season 2?"

"Whoa dude, what a massive foreshadowing"

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
lol, unbelievable. And btw they should remake s8 and maybe s7 while they're at it then. The reception to this last ep is a culmination of them rushing and halfassing things for the last few seasons. Remaking a single ep is not going to fix that.

Amnixia

â–² Legend â–²
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
This is an incredibly stupid oversimplification of what went down.

A small fraction of the fans theorized that she might turn evil (book readers mostly). Now that it happened in a totally nonsensical and lazy way, everyone and their mother comes out of the woodwork to tell fans they saw it a mile away

"Did you know she didnt pay off that parking ticket back in season 2?"

"Whoa dude, what a massive foreshadowing"

Wooooooshhhh

If people get to make silly nonsensical internet petitions then I get to make silly nonsensical jokes about those people.