• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
They need to add some more tinder to the fire on Sunday, looks like it's not blazing enough.
I think the last episode should open with Jon teleporting on screen and punching Ghost.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I never really get these petitions.

Welp, now because of stuff like this the shows defenders will get to label its detractors as " angry nerds" / " sorry it didn't match your head canon" . Sigh

I mean, this was already happening before the petition lol...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
End of Game of Thrones
6aead53f6e0cf8f9df25751f5456ab1c--anime-crossover-neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd thought I would never say a Blizzard character has much better writing then Game of Fucking Thrones, but yeah, Arthas is what Danny should have been if they did her fallen hero arc right.
bbace2h90zv11.jpg

Oh yeahhh... Well, wasn't Arthas basically pushed toward all that by Malganis and then went insane over Frostmourne?

I can see how Cersei can relate to this storyline by taunting with Dany's mind and pushing her to the brink, but the show runners just wanted to end it all without some kind of momentum so here we are.

I'm guessing it's not as simple as belligerent fans are claiming. I'm sure there was a lot of conflict between the show writers, GRRM, and the actors themselves for how this thing was going to end. We know HBO wanted more out of the show, but GRRM wouldn't want HBO stepping on his toes for his book plot line so there couldn't be any overlap with the A+ version of the story... I bet the actress portraying Dany didn't want her character collapsing into an unlikeable villain a season away from the end... D&D probably didn't want to add a lot of build up that became extremely difficult to write (and fans would probably call it filler), considering GRRM himself can't write his own books anymore. This project is massive and tough.

Am I annoyed we have annoying plot elements like 1-episode Long Night, Aimbot Euron and nerfgun Euron, etc? Yeah. Am I grateful I am seeing the fate of all these characters I started reading about over a decade ago? Yeah. I will rewatch the season after it ends and probably enjoy all of it. Arya killing NK and Euron killing Rhaegal will always bother me but it is what it is. I'll read the books if they ever come out. Let's see.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking signed it just because even though there's no chance in hell of this ever happening.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A large chunk of the internet seems to think that change.org is a magic website where if they wish really hard, and get ten thousand of their friends to do the same, that somehow they'll manage to rewrite reality.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
30k signatures jesus christ. What an embarassment, to both think you are entitled to that and to think it might actually happen just because you're upset over a plot twist. You know someeone is going to do an animated version at some point, you know it'll hew closely to the books because of this utter shitshow. Wait for that, in the meantime stop pouring such a fucking weird amount of energy into being spiteful towards the people behind a show you clearly hold very dearly

And if that's too much just go hang out with Elio and Linda you sorry set of creeps

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
A large chunk of the internet seems to think that change.org is a magic website where if they wish really hard, and get ten thousand of their friends to do the same, that somehow they'll manage to rewrite reality.

Is this really what's happening or is just another way to wave a middle finger at something that displeases people? I ask because, despite this being the internet, I still have a hard time believing someone thinks a new season of television is going to happen.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
the problem is it seems they're trying to cram two seasons worth of story into six episodes. They would need to redo this season as two full seasons to get anything decent.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
lmao the show has been middling since like Season 5. Not to be a dick, but I don't understand how you can be a fan of this show without noticing the decline in quality. After they announced that seasons 7 and 8 would be comprised of 13 episodes, it seemed pretty clear to me that GoT was going to end in disappointment.

Maybe because the show has been nothing more than glorified fan service since the end of season 5. Now that they are subverting their expectations, the fans are throwing a shit fit. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
D&D don't have the rights to the new books should they ever come out I think. Would love to see a full adaptation eventually.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
First episode 8 now season 8.
I am starting to feel like Skinner wondering if hes out of touch.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Damn, just move on if the show didn't meet your expectations. Sucks when a story lets you down, but it was not your story to tell. i doubt a remake would even satisfy the people who sign these petitions anyways lmao

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They would still have the originals if season 8 got redone. Damn, it has 52K signatures and still climbing. Thinking this will change season 8 is pretty funny.

Nov 1, 2017
Maybe the problem is getting too invested in a piece of media and letting your fandom sub in for an actual personality? Idk just a thought

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be fair to the fans who signed, the show writing is terrible compared to everything else. Cinematography, acting, editing, music, visual effects all wasted on awful writing.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Lol wtf?
I'm genuinely surprised by this reaction to the 5th episode. It had major problems, as did the season as a whole so far, but tbh the episode 4 is the worst of the bunch.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Funny. "The Bells" was probably the best of the season, next to episode 2. Im really disappointed with the last two seasons, but this reeks of not wanting to see bad things happen to/with our protagonists.

Which for my money, is just terrible viewers. The show's gotten an influx of casual, mainstream viewers that need things neutered, not to offend their senses. The type that wouldn't accept seasons 1-4 willingly

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I love it when people just co-opt "Game of Thrones fans" like its a consensus opinion.

I hated the episode but dont remake the damn thing lol jesus, bunch of children.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regina from fricking Once Upon a Time had a better villain to hero arc, than Dany has from hero to villain.

Don't see it working out, but I signed it anyways.

Maybe they'll learn from this for the spin offs.