• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Funny. "The Bells" was probably the best of the season, next to episode 2. Im really disappointed with the last two seasons, but this reeks of not wanting to see bad things happen to/with our protagonists.

Which for my money, is just terrible viewers. The show's gotten an influx of casual, mainstream viewers that need things neutered, not to offend their senses. The type that wouldn't accept seasons 1-4 willingly

No. It's not that bad things happen to/with our protagonist. It's the execution. It's terrible writing that's why people are angry.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Man, #TeamDany folks really couldn't handle the confirmation that Dany was bad news the entire time could they?

Me the moment Dany started torching the city:

tenor.gif

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
dany is like trump: egomaniac with a god complex. all through trumps life filled his side with yes people. if anyone said no they were fired. dany would actually set them on fire. when trump was running for election people said, "dont worry, he'll be too dumb to lead and won't do anything bad cause he doesnt even care". turns out he caree about his image. dany does too. why? both are egomaniacs with god complexes. dany was a cruel person before and she became even more cruel as she acquired more power. she was never gonna be a good leader when she was fed bullshit like "you're born to rule" as a child.

she a tyrant. we all knew it. we all saw it. we all saw her solve problems with fire. we all saw the same thing with trump.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
No. It's not that bad things happen to/with our protagonist. It's the execution. It's terrible writing that's why people are angry.

I agree mostly, but if writing execution was what would inspire a petition, ep 3 and 4 should have done the trick. By 5 I was pretty resigned to what was happening. Either it hit casual viewers senses later, or ruining a main character was their final straw. But ruined is ruined, either way a petition is eye-roll worthy

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Like, I think people can and probably should be upset with the Game of Thrones series but something about an internet petition to completely redo the episodes makes me want to take the side of the guys who said "themes are for eighth-grade book reports" and now I feel dirty and need a shower

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It could work, just make it that this season was just a look at timelines in the future, the knight Kings vision into the future, so he changes and fixes the mistakes inorder to become victorious

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Lol GOT Brotherhood sound pretty legit on paper. Going to weird having to redo things like the red wedding though.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
The amount of people running to this thread to dunk on people who are upset with the lazy writing of this season are more pathetic than the people who take five seconds out of their lives to sign the petition. People obviously get invested into the characters, plot, and story of a show that has been going for ten years. It's not that odd that people would be upset that it's gone to shit. Will the petition work? Most likely not. But if people want this as a way to voice their frustrations, so be it.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny. "The Bells" was probably the best of the season, next to episode 2. Im really disappointed with the last two seasons, but this reeks of not wanting to see bad things happen to/with our protagonists.

Which for my money, is just terrible viewers. The show's gotten an influx of casual, mainstream viewers that need things neutered, not to offend their senses. The type that wouldn't accept seasons 1-4 willingly
Mainstream casual vewiers are not the ones doing this. They don't care that much. this is the loud minority of angry nerds.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Season 7 and 8 with 10 episodes would be better and would give the characters and their arcs more time to not feel rushed as hell.

Obviously this will never happen but it's a nice dream.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This new thing of demanding remakes of tv shows, movies, games, etc that you don't like is actually the stupidest shit ever. Some people are in severe need of a reality check.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Mainstream casual vewiers are not the ones doing this. They don't care that much. this is the loud minority of angry nerds.
I like it when the mainstream casual viewers who don't care that much get labelled as "stans" because they're not full onboard the hate train. That's some quality trolling by the angry nerds.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
egomaniac leader with a god complex did a killing spree. i am shocked. shocked to the core.

no one with that amount of titles is going to do anything good.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
I could see maybe ten years down the line there could be a more faithful animated adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire. One that actually has Aegon and the mystical items like the wolf dreams and a legitimate Euron Greyjoy. Wouldn't have to worry about the budget on that one.

And maybe, just maybe, there'll at least be one more book of material to adapt.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
The true remake is the books finishing up (if they ever get finished), whatever the TV show ends up being is what it is, the creative vision for that show just becomes a bankrupt cop out like what BioWare did with Mass Effect 3 if they give in to the fans.

The show is not outright bad, the problem is just that the pacing is way off and major events make little sense because they do a bad job building up to them, remaking the same vision or changing it will not remove the disappointments people have with the show. People can make up their own endings, the show just ends on a mediocre note.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
egomaniac leader with a god complex did a killing spree. i am shocked. shocked to the core.

Forget about it feeling hella rushed, it definitely is. But the people who cant see shes always had a god/savior complex make me so puzzled. The moment she wasnt immediately adored for being Westeros' savior she got hella paranoid and jealous. Shit was always gonna happen.

I doubt itll ever happen, but I would love to see an animated take of ASOIF later on when, if the books are completed.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm sure this will totally work. I mean, a whopping 15k online petitions that require no effort from somebody to do sitting at their laptop? Huge incentive to redo an entire hundreds of millions budget season.

BTW never seen an episode of this show.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
The show ending is some rushed garbage to be sure.

But come on now, they ain't remaking shit. Best chance of that is once the books finish someone gets to make like an animated series on Netflix or something.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I beg to differ

Michael Jordan, rookie of the Year, defensive player of the year, 6 time nba champion, 5 time MVP, breaker of chains, all-star mvp, and mother of dragons.
You'd think he'd burn a city. I think not

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
The amount of people running to this thread to dunk on people who are upset with the lazy writing of this season are more pathetic than the people who take five seconds out of their lives to sign the petition. People obviously get invested into the characters, plot, and story of a show that has been going for ten years. It's not that odd that people would be upset that it's gone to shit. Will the petition work? Most likely not. But if people want this as a way to voice their frustrations, so be it.
Petitions are supposed to be made for things that actually matter, not co-opted to throw a middle finger over a TV show.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Lol GRRM must be be sweating so hard right now if this was generally how he was gonna end the books too.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Lol GRRM must be be sweating so hard right now if this was generally how he was gonna end the books too.
And it's no problem, so long as the reader is informed and given the proper expectations which takes the right amount of development to create. The show did not do this ever since Season 5 and 6 started to rush everything ahead, and often lose its sense of direction.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
And it's no problem, so long as the reader is informed and given the proper expectations which takes the right amount of development to create. The show did not do this ever since Season 5 and 6 started to rush everything ahead, and often lose its sense of direction.
Yeah but they'd essentially have to start remaking it almost from like the start of the Yunkai Meereen stuff all the way to this point. That's not happening.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Yeah but they'd essentially have to start remaking it almost from like the start of the Yunkai Meereen stuff all the way to this point. That's not happening.
Of course it isn't. I'm just saying the books can pull up while the show got lost and the writers got fed up with the story enough to rush their work for the last 3 seasons.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I refuse to believe even 3% of the people who created and signed this actually expect it could ever even remotely happen.

This feels like a giant fuck you to D&D and getting the word out that they dropped the ball. For that it has my support

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
Would need to start remaking from that start of season five to achieve anything meaningful.