• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dragonborn

Oct 30, 2017
If the writers were in such a rush I don't know why they just didn't get the boot and HBO could have brought someone else for a proper finish

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, who signs that? That's embarrassing lol

Anyone who didn't see this coming hasn't been watching the series at all.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I still had the energy and enthusiasm to want this but my love for this show was mortally wounded in S5 and died a slow death over the next few years.

It's not just dead, it died a while ago, Jim.

What is dead may never die.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I beg to differ

Michael Jordan, rookie of the Year, defensive player of the year, 6 time nba champion, 5 time MVP, breaker of chains, all-star mvp, and mother of dragons.
You'd think he'd burn a city. I think not
he doesnt enter a room or greet people with his titles. if he did I am sure he'd burn a city down.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
i've really disliked this season (and the last few), but the absolutely terrible discourse around it by just the most embarassing nerds is making me want to like it.

learn to engage with art like a normal person jesus christ.

Last edited:

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Man, #TeamDany folks really couldn't handle the confirmation that Dany was bad news the entire time could they?

Me the moment Dany started torching the city:

tenor.gif
Seriously. I would love to know what their dream ending would have been.
Choosing violence after the surrender of the city. Going to destroy the red keep to kill cersei, and her dragon's fire accidentally sets off the caches of wildfire around the city massacring thousands of innocents as a result of her drive for the throne and her destiny. Inadvertently she completes her father's plan to burn the city, and irreparably marks herself as the mad queen that razed an entire city. It would be tragic, foreshadowed, and still be the result of her hot headed decision making and desire to punish those who she sees who deserve it.

Her deciding to needlessly, purposefully level the entire city with a population of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians–on her way to Cersei–is stupid. They even threw in little plumes of green wildfire going off in the background like a tease for a better ending than what they wrote.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
grrm has the bst secret keeping. dude literally watched people name their children afree dany. he must have been rolling in laughter after reading those stories

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol let's just let it end

No more, please.

Honestly, the biggest thing I'm looking forward to with the finale is that the show will be over and I'll not have to care anymore.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I would be happier with a full reboot called A Song of Ice and Fire in 10-15 years after the books are all finished. That is my dream world.

The show is what it is.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Yet being the key word given how embarrassing GoT fandom has gotten.
Honestly, once anything goes mainstream the hardcore section goes nuclear whenever something doesn't go their way. It's why I've always preferred to enjoy the things I like on my own or with a very small group of people rather than expose myself to the venom present in any big fanbase.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Just edit it to end at episode 2 and a well made 20 minute or less 5 years later epilogue explaining what happened to everyone.

I'm done with it though. I only started watching this season when I got hints of people laughing at episode 3. I wanted to see what all of the commotion was about.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
got fans pulling a dany and scorching the earth. and people said this was a character assassination. now we knoe there's a little bit of dany in all of us.

Oct 27, 2017
Stupid.

I mean, I could see GoT being remade in 20 or 30 years if GRRM ever finishes the books (ha!) and we'd presumably get the book ending there. But this is just dumb. There's nothing inherently wrong with the events of this last season, its just that its so damned rushed and the developments feel unearned.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
You would feel like the little kid who just got someone else's birthday because you whined about it.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
I think people in this thread didn't read the change.org, it complains about the writers not exclusivly the way it ends the last episode.
I'm agree that this season is shit, but it's just enternaiment, much more important things deserve my signature than a tv show.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Had to explain to co-workers why people are calling a potential Game of Thrones remake Brotherhood. That was fun.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Rushing the last season through with 6 episodes (with only 4 of them feature length) was a horrible decision.